Greatness does not happen in 1 season Geelong - you can only dream of winning 3 in a row

Remove this Banner Ad

And how many in the current competition (AFL) ???

End of Collingwood discussion due to not the FACT of not winning anything in the actual competition we are discussing :cool:

im assuming u were a fitzroy supporter as u are in melbourne, hence ure ignorance of footy before 2001.

im not even gonna bother arguing with u, crawl back in ure hole bandwagoner.

And how many in the current competition (AFL) ???

End of Collingwood discussion due to not the FACT of not winning anything in the actual competition we are discussing :cool:

Please stop embarrassing yourself with your lack of knowledge. Collingwood actually one the first AFL Premiership. You are wrong again.

Suck it up nice and hard you Geelong flogs - your comparissons to the great Brisbane Lions team of 2001 - 2004 was a joke.

Good teams win premierships, GREAT teams win 3-IN-A-ROW :D

Congratulations Hawthorn and all the best in trying to emulate a record that is destined to last a long long time :thumbsu:

Geelong, you can join the Bombers of 1999 - 2001 in the greatest ONE season catergory :thumbsdown:

Yr a bit harsh, but i agree with you totally. It really annoys me here on SEN Radio how Kevin Bartlett always refers to Geelong as The Greatest Team of all - They are nothing compared the the Brisbane 3-peat team ! No comparison !

cheers

I liked Bruce's comment in the last quater.

"They've won 45 of their last 50 games, and they only have one flag to show for it"

makes it sound so much worse than it really is.

It'll be a replay next year I think... :thumbsu:

Yr a bit harsh, but i agree with you totally. It really annoys me here on SEN Radio how Kevin Bartlett always refers to Geelong as The Greatest Team of all - They are nothing compared the the Brisbane 3-peat team ! No comparison !

cheers

The Geelong team of this year was a better team than any of the 3 individual teams Brisbane had that won flags.

Now I know they didn't win the flag. but I still think they were better. They only lost 2 games.

Geelong's 2007 team was a super side in my opinion. I don't think any of Brisbane's 3 flag sdes would beat Geelong of 2007 ina head-to-head match.

Brisbane of 2002 would give Geelong of 2007 the hardest match but Geelong of 2007 would still be superior.

Remember, premierships are individual singular achivements. They are won year to year.

When Brisbane won in 2002, it did not magically make the 2001 premiership side better. You don't magically become better one year after the event.

Brisbane were very good over 4 years from 2001-4 with 4 different teams (every years is a different team) but not one of those 4 sides was far and away the best team of the year in those particular years.

They not once finished top of the ladder.

The Geelong team of this year was a better team than any of the 3 individual teams Bribane had that won flags.

Now I know they didn't win the flag. but I still think they were better. They only lost 2 games.

Geelong's 2007 team was a super sde in my opinion. I don't think any of Brisbane's 3 flag sdes would beat Geelong of 2007 ina head-to-head match.

Brisbane of 2002 would give Geelong of 2007 the hardest match but Geelong of 2007 would still be superior.

Remember, premierships are individual singular achivements. They are won year to year.

When Brisbane won in 2002, it did not magically make the 2001 premiership side better. You don't magically become better one year after the event.

Brisbane were very good over 4 years from 2001-4 with 4 different teams (every years is a different team) but not one of those 4 sides was far and away the best team of the year in those particular years.

Dude....... Yr talking through yr arse ! lol !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want those flogs like Big Bad Cam and Jub Jub (or is that dumb dumb) to come here and get their big can of the STFU!!
Where are these ladies? Sobbing in their hankies??

Suck it up nice and hard you Geelong flogs - your comparissons to the great Brisbane Lions team of 2001 - 2004 was a joke.

Good teams win premierships, GREAT teams win 3-IN-A-ROW :D

Congratulations Hawthorn and all the best in trying to emulate a record that is destined to last a long long time :thumbsu:

Geelong, you can join the Bombers of 1999 - 2001 in the greatest ONE season catergory :thumbsdown:

Agreed, comparisons were bullshit.

Midfield: brisbane > geelong (only ablett was a standout today, WHEN THE HEAT WAS ON)

Defence: brisbane > geelong (scarlett was killed everytime franklin was with him ONE on ONE... mal michael at his best shits all over him, leppitsch was a better defender than any geelong defender)

Forwards: Cats have a shit forward line, which was only made to look good by a great midfield supply over the last two years.. mooney is a chump with one of the msot shocking set shots i've seen

This is what geelong have to show over their past two seasons. One premiership against a very weak port side that shouldn't have made the final. Finally, in 08, where the competition was actually strong, geelong were made to show just how bloody overrated their team is, and how they just don't measure up.

Suck it up hard boys. Feel the pain.

Yeah i know we got thrashed by you lot last year, but the difference is we didn't even expect to win that final because our window wasn't even meant to be open. Us making that final showed how weak your paths to the final was.

Suck it up cats.

The Geelong team of this year was a better team than any of the 3 individual teams Brisbane had that won flags.

Geelong's 2007 team was a super side in my opinion. I don't think any of Brisbane's 3 flag sdes would beat Geelong of 2007 ina head-to-head match.

Only one day and one game counts and you couldn't win when it mattered.
Maybe last years GF flattered the Cats?
Win another 20 in a row but it means nothing if you lose the GF:D

Well lets just end September & call ourselves the EPL!!!

Great teams stand up when it really matters.
The Bombers couldn't handle it in 2001, just like the Cats today.
I would have thought winning flags is what is all about, apparently you prefer the home & away champs. Whatever rocks your boat I guess. :eek:

Oh & congratulations on finishing on top after the home & away season in 2001, clearly the outstanding side of the season.
Hollow ain't it!!!

Only one day and one game counts and you couldn't win when it mattered.
Maybe last years GF flattered the Cats?
Win another 20 in a row but it means nothing if you lose the GF:D

Last time I checked the 2000 side DID win when it mattered. Easily.

My point was the losing the 2001 Grand Final does not make the 2000 side worse. The 2000 side did their job and won the flag. They can't do any more than that.

Brisbane, as a club might have won it 3 years in a row, but to suggest any of those 3 flag sides were super in any given year is absurd. They were somewhat normal, by premiership standards in each year.

Not one of them finished top of the ladder.

Well lets just end September & call ourselves the EPL!!!

Great teams stand up when it really matters.
The Bombers couldn't handle it in 2001, just like the Cats today.

The Bombers of 2001 were not a super side, and I never suggested they were.

The 2000 side, was a super side, however.

I would have thought winning flags is what is all about, apparently you prefer the home & away champs. Whatever rocks your boat I guess. :eek:

I never said that. I was stating, correctly, that Brisbane didn't finish top of the ladder any any season. To use, 2002 as an example. Were they a great team that particular season? They went 17-5, had a percentage of 136% finished 2nd on the ladder and won the Grand Final.

By premiership standards, that is normal. They (Brisbane) were a top side in 2002, but they weren't a super side that year, and they weren't as good as Essendon of 2000 or Carlton of 1995 - the genuine super side of the last 15 years or so.

But they won the flag in 2002 and that's the main thing. But they weren't "far and away" the best team that year. And I'm sure you'd agree with that.

2003 much the same. A very good side Brisbane were that year, but they weren't "far and away" the best team of the year. They lost a final that season too.

The Bombers of 2001 were not a super side, and I never suggested they were.

The 2000 side, was a super side, however.

I never said that. I was stating, correctly, that Brisbane didn't finish top of the ladder any any season. To use, 2002 as an example. Were they a great team that particular season? They went 17-5, had a percentage of 136% finished 2nd on the ladder and won the Grand Final.

By premiership standards, that is normal. They (Brisbane) were a top side in 2002, but they weren't a super side that year, and they weren't as good as Essendon of 2000 or Carlton of 1995 - the genuine super side of the last 15 years or so.

But they won the flag in 2002 and that's the main thing. But they weren't "far and away" the best team that year. And I'm sure you'd agree with that.

2003 much the same. A very good side Brisbane were that year, but they weren't "far and away" the best team of the year. They lost a final that season too.

Yes and the only team to go through a Home and Away Season undefeated and finish with the highest percentage is the greatest team ever. Collingwood 1929.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greatness does not happen in 1 season Geelong - you can only dream of winning 3 in a row

Remove this Banner Ad

Back