GRFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This has gotta be one of the biggest upset grand finals in a long,long time doesn’t it?
Did Hay just not turn up or did ultima step up to the plate?

It was a great game and an incredible effort to hold on against the odds.
Ultima had beaten them during the year and being close in their encounters. I'm sure hay would be disappointed, a point means it could have gone either way
They were close once when Hay had all their players during the year in I think it was a wet day, outside of that Hay didn’t play their guns. Got them back for finals and looked a 10 goal better side apparently. TBH they looked a lot better in the GF too but they just couldn’t hit the scoreboard. Just one of those days I think.

What a finish to the season, congratulations to Ultima on a very special win... unbelievable match from all reports.

As we know, now the real fun begins as the player movement commences - Whilst not a household name as of yet, can confirm that another magpie is set to flee from the nest at Boga.

Shan O'Reilly is signed sealed and delivered to Murrabit, was speculation last year but hung around due to mass exodus at Boga, strong family connection at the blues and already very well connected in the football club - will be a regular senior feature & could take his game to another level with continuity in the 1s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a finish to the season, congratulations to Ultima on a very special win... unbelievable match from all reports.

As we know, now the real fun begins as the player movement commences - Whilst not a household name as of yet, can confirm that another magpie is set to flee from the nest at Boga.

Shan O'Reilly is signed sealed and delivered to Murrabit, was speculation last year but hung around due to mass exodus at Boga, strong family connection at the blues and already very well connected in the football club - will be a regular senior feature & could take his game to another level with continuity in the 1s

Heard a fair bit about this. Heard the oldest of Joe’s crew was unhappy with being undercut by his more talented younger brothers and offered zero senior games in the 2024 season even whilst captaining the lunchtime league to a final last year…
Heard he’s got strong connection with taking R Fox out of the boga faithful too..
Will be interesting how boga will respond to losing to rather “faithful” players??

Nully were pretty good when they came in
They were, I was just more talking overall success as well, Ultima won junior flags, lots of netball premierships and a lot of senior footy premierships, reserves and seniors.
The sides with carroll, otooles, pretzke and Wilson's was probably the best seen in the grfl ahead of Wakool just
Thats probably the best team assembled for sure, they were unstoppable, fit as it gets and tough as it gets, explains why they won 3 in a row

They were, I was just more talking overall success as well, Ultima won junior flags, lots of netball premierships and a lot of senior footy premierships, reserves and seniors.

Thats probably the best team assembled for sure, they were unstoppable, fit as it gets and tough as it gets, explains why they won 3 in a row
I remember playing them in 02 and it went from the ruck to the otooles to palmer and in a blink of an eye it was 4 goals down

Remove this Banner Ad

GRFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back