GRFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a great effort from all concerned at Wakool if they get the numbers up to compete in the League next season.
Lakes tried it about 30yrs ago with a bigger region to recruit from and are still in the abyss.

Good Luck Wakool FC Committee and Coach Rowdy...

Well done to wakool for coming out of recess i heard they had 50 people at their AGM doesnt happen very often that a team comes out of recess going to be a big year in the Golden Rivers League

Well done to wakool for coming out of recess i heard they had 50 people at their AGM doesnt happen very often that a team comes out of recess going to be a big year in the Golden Rivers League
Will the resurrection of Wakool remain viable in the medium term? I am not begrudging the work of the Wakool committee as they have done a great job thus far in getting a side back together. Hopefully they will be there still in the long run but I can't see them lasting more than 5 years.

Will the resurrection of Wakool remain viable in the medium term? I am not begrudging the work of the Wakool committee as they have done a great job thus far in getting a side back together. Hopefully they will be there still in the long run but I can't see them lasting more than 5 years.

Plenty of clubs might struggle to last 5 years across all leagues in the region I reckon

The plan is to last long term more than 5 years but what about moulamein, quambatook etc in 5 years time who knows what the region will look like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read a report that the umpiring bodies of the Golden Rivers and Central Murray are set to become one entity so that there is a spread over the region. Speaking with one of the Golden Rivers umpires, there seems to be a glitch with the proposal, in that the Golden Rivers body is none too happy with this merger and are now considering joining the Bendigo umpires. If the Golden Rivers umpires go through with this action then it will be a disaster. Umpires are thin on the ground now so if the Central Murray guys have to look over two leagues, then the standard will drop. Article here.

Anybody here give me any info on paddy rattray was told he played at quamby for half a year last year a big red head full forward

Rattray has kicked plenty over in the Kyabram league. Got lured to Quamby by a former coach of his the season after Quamby made a gf. Quamby then lost the majority of players therefore Rattray wasn't going into as strong a side as he initially was told. Having said that I have heard his attitude was not great. Blokes over in the Kybram league will be able to tell u more information

Big Paddy kicked a few in Nagambies reserve premiership this past season, I'd be more interested in the 2-3 who could possibly be persuaded to move with him.

Whatever transpires, let's be honest no one drives that far for a kick without having to train u less there a few bob in it.

Anyone know hows teams are looking this year? which clubs are looking at being inprovers and whos lost a heap of players

Sad to see moula struggling for juniors in the paper, over the last 25 years would any grfl teams had a better three players than these three come thru their juniors?
1 Marcus nalder
2 Steve Stoobrants
3 Brock Weston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back