Griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

jeemak

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Think this guy might be having his "breakout" year.

I thought he had a pretty good year last year after a significant change of roles withing the structure. But this year he seems to have found a balance between inside and outside midfield play. His fitness level is getting better by the week it seems.

His kicking is a lot like Eagleton's in that when he stuffs it up it is due to going for so much. As soon as he learns when the right time is to go for broke with his kicking he'll just about be unstoppable.

That goal after receiving hands off Roughead in the last proved how easily he can nail them from fifty and beyond. He needs to take more responsibilty and get in that position multiple times in games and demand the ball.

Loved Griffo's game tonight. I think his field kicking has gone up a level and is arguably the most damaging at the dogs now. What I like is his variety of kicking, he has an awesome low, flat, speared pass, but he can go long and accurate as well.

Combine that with run, carry and strong tackling and you have a gun midfielder. Keep it up Griff :thumbsu:

He had a good run at the start of last season too.
I won't be sold until he can do it week in week out.
But if he wins the Brownlow, I'll pocket 3 grand. Go Griff! :p

I think tonight Griff took his first really big step towards realising his potential, what's required of him from the club and it's supporters.

Tonight x10 games = Brownlow medal and potential well and truely fullfilled.

I definitely think he can be a huge bonus for us this season. Like everyone, I've expected so much from him and he hasn't quite lived up to his potential. He is certainly showing more leadership and consistency this year. Let's hope it continues, as if reaches that potential he could be up there with very best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone had a knock on his kicking, amazing really, some of his kicks were magnificent, low 60m bullets, not many players can do that in the comp.

He has brought tackling & chasing to his game and the rest of his game builds from there. Before this year, he just didn't do a lot when he didn't have the ball...but no more.

Great game Griff....I love watching him play, looked to me like Cooney got the hard tag from Van Berlo. Look forward to both of them running amok on in the same game!

Griffen will always be scrutinised for his forward delivery. He had a purple patch last night and was in my opinion (and the Tripple M crew's) that he was BoG just ahead of Gia.

Someone had a knock on his kicking, amazing really, some of his kicks were magnificent, low 60m bullets, not many players can do that in the comp.

He has brought tackling & chasing to his game and the rest of his game builds from there. Before this year, he just didn't do a lot when he didn't have the ball...but no more.

Great game Griff....I love watching him play, looked to me like Cooney got the hard tag from Van Berlo. Look forward to both of them running amok on in the same game!
Iactualy had a crack at his kicking awhile ago and i stand by that but his kicking and his game have been what we know hes capable of lately its fantastic to see him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back