Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

So did anyone miss out or is this a case of the Oprahs (everyone gets a prize)?
I’m guessing it’s 10 years or something? I’ve seen a few newer people without it

Mr. Whippy Choc-top $7.00 !

🤔 When did that happen ? ? ?
I was on a train once from York down to Sheffield - 2 young fellas sat opposite, one heads off to the buffet car and comes back with a couple of sangas and 2 beers. Whatever he was charged he weren't happy, said he said to the fella "who are you, Dick Turpin! That's highway robbery mate". Anyway, that's a fave of mine when grumbling about prices, and now my best little mate is banging it out!

Screenshot_2024-03-09-12-58-43-39_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

I'm not saying which of those companies I have worked for / with over the years, nor which list the places I worked at are on, but I wouldn't trust any of them, nor any media organisation nor any of the banks, airlines or insurance companies, most tradies or most accountants or white collar workers.

I'm not saying which of those companies I have worked for / with over the years, nor which list the places I worked at are on, but I wouldn't trust any of them, nor any media organisation nor any of the banks, airlines or insurance companies, most tradies or most accountants or white collar workers.

SOS if I get you in the NMFC BF Kris Kringle, I'll head on over to WWE.com and get you one of Stone Cold's many popular t-shirts:

1710068532399.png

As for the list, it might be an easy guess who, but I work in an industry where the list got a lot of press during the week as 1 of those 20 companies jumped from one side to the other... Let's just say - that from personal experience - it was well warranted. And, in truth, for the most part their previous placing was also mostly well-deserved. Very rare to see such a huge turnaround, but alas...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG. I just remembered that I had a nightmare last night. It was vivid. One of those ultra-realistic dreams...

I had a coffee and I dunked a scotch finger biscuit into it.

And to make matters worse, a corner fell off the biscuit.

I'm currently traumatised at the though of dunking.

You know they come " chocolate coated " yeh ?
No corner fall ( maybe some chocolate drip )

You know they come " chocolate coated " yeh ?
No corner fall ( maybe some chocolate drip )
I like the biscuits, choc coated or not. I can have one WITH a coffee. But the thought of the dunk is horrifying.

The tim-tam suck thing was very popular where I used to work. I couldn't possibly join in on that.

OMG. I just remembered that I had a nightmare last night. It was vivid. One of those ultra-realistic dreams...

I had a similar dream/nightmare, minus a few details of yours.

I woke in sweats and couldn't get back to sleep until 5:30.

IMG_4726.gif

There must be something in biscuits today, had to get a 3pm sugar fix to end the day, so bought one from the vending machine, sat at the desk to eat it only for it to spontaneously combust in my hands with a chocolate coating and crumbs going everywhere

I had a similar dream/nightmare, minus a few details of yours.

I woke in sweats and couldn't get back to sleep until 5:30.
Geezers!

Soggy biscuit dreaming - no wonder you were in a lather!

How annoying is it when you can't sleep all night but roll off into the perfect sleep 10 minutes before the alarm goes off.

There must be something in biscuits today, had to get a 3pm sugar fix to end the day, so bought one from the vending machine, sat at the desk to eat it only for it to spontaneously combust in my hands with a chocolate coating and crumbs going everywhere
You're gripping it too hard.

This taylor swift s*t needs to stop. Its driving me ****** nuts, they do the film, they did the concert, they bought all the s**t, its on the spotify in the car constantly, its now on in the lounge as disney have put it on their stream… MAKE IT STOP!!!!
“You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"”

This taylor swift s*t needs to stop. Its driving me ****** nuts, they do the film, they did the concert, they bought all the s**t, its on the spotify in the car constantly, its now on in the lounge as disney have put it on their stream… MAKE IT STOP!!!!
Gotta learn to embrace old boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back