Opinion Grundy will play soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to pot a kid playing his second game of senior footy. .....but I have to say I am disappointed with his kicking. Its a technique thing that needs to be turned around fast. A few weeks ago I was at training and he wasnt with the main group so he was doing some goalkicking with one of the assistants.......he was woeful missing shots from 30m out. Today his kicking off two steps was very worrying

I thought he kicking espically Field Kicking is Good

He only had about 2 kicks today but they were both shanks.

It may be confidence coming off a back injury though. I suffer a pretty significant back problem and I know the mental hurdles of extending yourself can de quite difficult.

Yeah agree, and Hine said as much pre-season.

But even if Grundy focuses on KPF in 2013, he'll eventually have more of a rucking role beyond that, and so Paine will still have a place in the squad.

And he'll be needed if Cloke gets injured - Touch wood, but he's not getting any younger.

(Unless Paine gets displaced by Richmond, Gault or Moore, but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon)

How much more longer do you reckon Paine has to wait in the VFL? Or what does Paine have to do to at least be named as an emergency? If you tell me that a three tall forward structure isn't suitable for us, then I think at this stage it would be more appropriate to drop Lynch and replace him with Paine playing forward and a second ruckman (Witts/Dinosaur/Grundy/Keefe.

He only had about 2 kicks today but they were both shanks.

It may be confidence coming off a back injury though. I suffer a pretty significant back problem and I know the mental hurdles of extending yourself can de quite difficult.

Well you can't really tell with 2 Kicks. Maybe his has not got Confidence back in his back 100% yet

How much more longer do you reckon Paine has to wait in the VFL?

Unfortunately, the only time I see Paine play is when he plays seniors (last year) or when the VFL is in the telly :(

So I just take the suggestions from here that he needs to work on his defensive game on face value.

Or what does Paine have to do to at least be named as an emergency?

Are Key Position players only named an emergency when there is a cloud over a selected Key Position player? Emergencies are usually need to be versatile.

If you tell me that a three tall forward structure isn't suitable for us,

No, wouldn't say that. I like the three talls because it mixes it up and the forwards don't know where the ball is going.

then I think at this stage it would be more appropriate to drop Lynch and replace him with Paine playing forward and a second ruckman (Witts/Dinosaur/Grundy/Keefe.

Who would you drop for the second ruckman?

Grundy has only played his second game after a serious injury - not ready yet. Keeffe is not a ruckman. Huddo isn't a 2nd ruckman. Witts is the only candidate there.

Yeh has obviously a long way to go in the twos and would seemingly be a MILE off AFL selection, would be surprised if he gained a spot this year

Yeh has obviously a long way to go in the twos and would seemingly be a MILE off AFL selection, would be surprised if he gained a spot this year

I would not rule it out but Highly Unlikely. If he can get a Full Pre-Season Next Year and Stay Injury Free. He be sure one to watch for the 2014 Season

I don't want to pot a kid playing his second game of senior footy. .....but I have to say I am disappointed with his kicking. Its a technique thing that needs to be turned around fast. A few weeks ago I was at training and he wasnt with the main group so he was doing some goalkicking with one of the assistants.......he was woeful missing shots from 30m out. Today his kicking off two steps was very worrying
Same, kicks off one step every time. Does he know how to go back on the mark..

yes Grundy is a far better option than anyone who is in the team at the moment.....I mean, that's the general rule isnt it? Paine is a far better option that Lynch. Yagmoor is a far better option than Heath Shaw....ooppss... thats the exception to the rule..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2nd game of VFL. Facetious?
Yeh but when he's talked up as a ready made player set to take the AFL by storm in his first season was that meant to be based on his size or skill because from what he displayed today the 2nds reserves would be a class above for him.

Yeh but when he's talked up as a ready made player set to take the AFL by storm in his first season was that meant to be based on his size or skill because from what he displayed today the 2nds reserves would be a class above for him.

Really bizarre comments about a first year playing coming back from an LTI

Maybe that garbage is actual observation and not just made up hype from supporters that had never even seen him play a game and just go off a 1 minute youtube clip and a flashy profile?

Okay a 1st rounder, 1st year ruckmen coming off an LTI is a spud... now this conversation is over :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back