Opinion Grundy will play soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he will will be a gun in future years, but to put things in perspective have a look at this video of the last 2 minutes on the weekend. He mucks up a pretty vital kick (although the muddy conditions can make it pretty hard to do even the simplest things), and chickens out of a contest in the forward line as somebody handballs it off to him.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2013-06-03/vfl-the-final-minutes

Yes, he is young and you need to expect this from a developing KPP, just don't reckon he is smashing the door down for senior selection just yet judging by these efforts.

9 hitouts playing probably 15% in the ruck is better than witts did. 10 hitouts from about 25%
You're not seriously comparing the two games? Witts played the entire second half as a forward with Grundy changing with Hudson in the ruck. A horrible shank with one of his few possessions almost cost the game and he was totally lost at sea around the ground. You want to replace the bloke that rucks about 15% of the match and spends the rest of the time up forward with someone who didn't feature in one piece of play when he was in the forward line???
Witts won the game for Collingwood, had far more of a presence on the ball and is far more developed. I'm hoping both will be great players for the Pies. but to suggest Grundy is ahead in the pecking order for selection is quite frankly a childish assessment.

You're not seriously comparing the two games? Witts played the entire second half as a forward with Grundy changing with Hudson in the ruck. A horrible shank with one of his few possessions almost cost the game and he was totally lost at sea around the ground. You want to replace the bloke that rucks about 15% of the match and spends the rest of the time up forward with someone who didn't feature in one piece of play when he was in the forward line???
Witts won the game for Collingwood, had far more of a presence on the ball and is far more developed. I'm hoping both will be great players for the Pies. but to suggest Grundy is ahead in the pecking order for selection is quite frankly a childish assessment.
You are the one who compared their ruck games mate,

Also, please read my opening post or shut the **** up...

I'm sure he will will be a gun in future years, but to put things in perspective have a look at this video of the last 2 minutes on the weekend. He mucks up a pretty vital kick (although the muddy conditions can make it pretty hard to do even the simplest things), and chickens out of a contest in the forward line as somebody handballs it off to him.

Yes, he is young and you need to expect this from a developing KPP, just don't reckon he is smashing the door down for senior selection just yet judging by these efforts.

I agree that Kick was a Absolute Shocker. Though he Got the Free Kick which was very good.

I think he is lacking Confidence in his body at the moment after his Bad Back Injury

You are the one who compared their ruck games mate,
LOL You're the one saying he should take Lynch's forward role and PT ruck position. Did his forward play impress you that much?

He looked out of his depth and his ruckwork was nowhere near as good as Witts' during the game. This is just plain silly. The kid could end up being a star, but he is nowhere near getting a game this year.

Glaring isn't it?

Two piss poor efforts

I picked this during the game early and posted it on here at the time.

It was obvious to me that Grundy has real confidence issues with his back. He looked tentative and even his facial expression was of someone with their head not in the game.

I suffer a pretty bad back and I can tell you that it can be very debilitating as your back is central to most physical functions. Also, being a ruck and key position player he is naturally going to get in a lot of physical contests against big guys.

What we saw I believe is a bloke feeling his way back and playing without any confidence in his body. We need to lower our expectations and give him some time to get his confidence back. We can judge him then.

LOL You're the one saying he should take Lynch's forward role and PT ruck position. Did his forward play impress you that much?

He looked out of his depth and hi ruckwork was nowhere near as good as Witts' during the game. This is just plain silly. The kid could end up being a star, but he is nowhere near getting a game this year.
Fitness. That is my point and yet you seem to completely disregard it. Do u reckon a bloke who can rack up 40+ hitouts and 30+ disposals in the SANFL would get the numbers he is getting in the VFL if he was fit???

Calling it now, if Grundy plays 2-3 good vfl games in the next few weeks, he will be in the team. Te writing is on the wall- Buckley said he wants a 3 tall forward line meaning 2 key forwards and a second ruck. The way I see it is that the 2nd key forward is between Paine and lynch, and it could be as soon as next week that we see that change made.
I feel like the second ruck position is there for Grundy to take as soon as he is match fit and considering he has been in full training for 4+ weeks I reckon he is a fair shot to cement himself in the second half of the season. Strength isn't an issue and neither is skill, the way I see it is he just needs fitness and he will be in as lynch has been frankly quite useless for a fair while now.

Throws up a multitude of options that may or may not include Grundy. The fact that Keeffe and Grundy are back playing and Hartley is set to return soon only reinforces that. Already got Paine and Gualt playing at VFL level.

I don't want to pot a kid playing his second game of senior footy. .....but I have to say I am disappointed with his kicking. Its a technique thing that needs to be turned around fast. A few weeks ago I was at training and he wasnt with the main group so he was doing some goalkicking with one of the assistants.......he was woeful missing shots from 30m out. Today his kicking off two steps was very worrying

Hopefully that's just a rehab from the back injury issue, not extending and kicking through the ball. Time will tell.

Here we go 'Collingwood Idol' is on again, new recruit, missed most of the season so far with stress fractures in his back, just gets on the park in the VFL and its play him or get rid of him!

Cut the kid a bit of slack and let's call it what it is, a development year.

I posted this in another thread but probably more relevant here -
Essendon are being patient with Joe Daniher who is absolutely smashing them in the two's. Lets not forget Grundy is in his first year and has had 2 games after an extremely limited pre-season. I'm guessing that he will see out the year in the two's. I would personally love to see Cloke, Lynch and Paine be tried in the forward line together this Monday particularly with Frawley out this week.

Hmmmm! Just a bit wary of loading up the forward line with talls just because they're going to be undermanned. The thing about smaller players is they tend to be more agile and more mobile. Hate to see the Dees defence running rings around our forwards, making them look silly, and undermining all the good work of the defence and midfield.

Paine has had 2 good games in a row and is probably getting close you'd think so not beyond the realms of possibility. Weather will be a major consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go 'Collingwood Idol' is on again, new recruit, missed most of the season so far with stress fractures in his back, just gets on the park in the VFL and its play him or get rid of him!

Cut the kid a bit of slack and let's call it what it is, a development year.
Ah, no it isn't.. Like everyone else u have failed to read my post.

Ah, no it isn't.. Like everyone else u have failed to read my post.
Calling it now, if Grundy plays 2-3 good vfl games in the next few weeks, he will be in the team. Te writing is on the wall- Buckley said he wants a 3 tall forward line meaning 2 key forwards and a second ruck. The way I see it is that the 2nd key forward is between Paine and lynch, and it could be as soon as next week that we see that change made.
I feel like the second ruck position is there for Grundy to take as soon as he is match fit and considering he has been in full training for 4+ weeks I reckon he is a fair shot to cement himself in the second half of the season. Strength isn't an issue and neither is skill, the way I see it is he just needs fitness and he will be in as lynch has been frankly quite useless for a fair while now.

We all read your post. It is utter nonsense. Grundy is nowhere near playing this year let alone 'te writing is on the wall' . Buckley has shown he is blooding Witts who ATM is a better ruck and much better forward than Grundy.

PS Could you link to the game where he got more than 30 possessions in the SANFL please?

Watching the VFL game, I thing Grundy has potential. He's big and has some skills. But, he probably won't play this year. Witts and Paine have are closer to AFL atm.

Do want to see Paine in the team. Maybe a small out and keep Lynch in as a 2nd ruck.

I want Jolly gone after this year, and I'm assumign he'll retire anyway, so we need Witts and Grundy ready to go

I hope Jolly takes on Hudson's role next year (ie: have a lazy hit around the VFL, and be ready to step in for a handful of senior games should he be required).

Watching the VFL game, I thing Grundy has potential. He's big and has some skills. But, he probably won't play this year. Witts and Paine have are closer to AFL atm.

Do want to see Paine in the team. Maybe a small out and keep Lynch in as a 2nd ruck.

Paine could play the 2nd KPF and Lynch can still play as the 3rd KPF and 2nd Ruck. Though not on this form

He looked out of his depth and his ruckwork was nowhere near as good as Witts' during the game. This is just plain silly. The kid could end up being a star, but he is nowhere near getting a game this year.
Going off todays performance Grundy is a list clogger. Moves like a bus.
Ahh was waiting for this day to prove my point - once he is fit, he will play.

Witts is miles ahead of Grundy, big Brodie needs at least 4-5 games in the VFL before he will even be considered, which is about the time we play GWS anyway.

Witts was superb, in the ruck and up forward, Grundy was terrible up forward and ok in the ruck, but will get better.

Grundy is basically doing his NAB Cup practice routine now, give him time.

Well Grundy is just about Past Witts now.

He is better then Okay in the Ruck Matty;)

At the Moment Witts is way ahead of Grundy but he it be Intresting as you say in about 3 Games when his back to 100% Match Fit then we can see if he is pushing for Selection.

I liked him in the Ruck and Showed some good signs.

Good Post by Me:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back