Gurnsey

Remove this Banner Ad

freosetzc4.jpg

I like it, any chance though that you could put a slight green trim on the left and red on the right side of the anchor for the first two jumpers and a red trim all the way around on the third design

I was just wondering if there was a place were u can design jumpers. There was some on the adelaide board from a while back and they came up pretty good. I am looking for a free website or service, other than paint. any ideas would be good?

Also If anybody has the linke for the adelaide board that had the jumper designs this would be good?

cheers

I was just wondering if there was a place were u can design jumpers. There was some on the adelaide board from a while back and they came up pretty good. I am looking for a free website or service, other than paint. any ideas would be good?

Also If anybody has the linke for the adelaide board that had the jumper designs this would be good?

cheers

Adobe Photoshop. Not technically free, but if you look hard enough. ;)

Then look above, I posted a template photoshop file which gives you the fremantle away guernsey so all you have to do is change the colours. Can't get more simple than that.

Adobe Photoshop. Not technically free, but if you look hard enough. ;)

Then look above, I posted a template photoshop file which gives you the fremantle away guernsey so all you have to do is change the colours. Can't get more simple than that.

Cheers IC I'll have a look into it

Here it is my first guernsey design. Its something different with the three main colours being purplr, white and silver. I believe that the purple and silver go really well together. The design was the best I could come up with on my own and you can probably see that I have taken the emphisis of the big whit anchor away and substituted it with a smaller version on the side. Feel free to comment on the guernsey and any alterations that you feel could improve this jumper:)

FremantleHome.gif

Here it is my first guernsey design. Its something different with the three main colours being purplr, white and silver. I believe that the purple and silver go really well together. The design was the best I could come up with on my own and you can probably see that I have taken the emphisis of the big whit anchor away and substituted it with a smaller version on the side. Feel free to comment on the guernsey and any alterations that you feel could improve this jumper:)

FremantleHome.gif

I don't mind it as a guernsey.... but maybe just not ours. ;)

It's decent looking, but looks too much like Port's jumper - and if we're going to change colours, we should simply drop the red and green and go with purple and white, not add any other new colour in.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Fair enough I realise it's not going to be everyone's cup off tea, but I was the first person as far as I know that tried something different like changing the design and layout of the guernsey instead of just altering the coulours.

Everyone should have a go at designing there own guernsey it might be fun:)

I don't mind it as a guernsey.... but maybe just not ours. ;)

It's decent looking, but looks too much like Port's jumper - and if we're going to change colours, we should simply drop the red and green and go with purple and white, not add any other new colour in.

The only reason I added the silver was because I noticed that some of last seasons merchandise was starting to use this colour, like the silver polo shirts you were able to purchase;)

Fair enough I realise it's not going to be everyone's cup off tea, but I was the first person as far as I know that tried something different like changing the design and layout of the guernsey instead of just altering the coulours.

Everyone should have a go at designing there own guernsey it might be fun:)

well done for designing a new guernsey, but we don't need one. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im with Reveler. When we win our first premreship in a couple of years, I sure as hell hope it is in the traditional jumper that we have come to know and love at Fremantle. When I think of Freo, I think of Purple, Green, Red and White and I want to keep it that way.

after a few sunday seesion beers i had what at the time i thought was a great idea(not so sure now) how about we get rid of the anchor symbol due to fung she and all that jazz and replace it with the king neptune symbol used on the gage roads beers labels. to simplify that on a jumper a trident could be used rather that a full reproduction of king neptune and the symbol replaced by the picture which depit king neptune about to throw a tridate . any thoughts

Im with Reveler. When we win our first premreship in a couple of years, I sure as hell hope it is in the traditional jumper that we have come to know and love at Fremantle. When I think of Freo, I think of Purple, Green, Red and White and I want to keep it that way.

As do I but when we seem to play in Melbourne we generally wear the white guernsey with the purple anchor. I don't want to win a premiership in this jumper I want to win one in the home guernsey.

after a few sunday seesion beers i had what at the time i thought was a great idea(not so sure now) how about we get rid of the anchor symbol due to fung she and all that jazz and replace it with the king neptune symbol used on the gage roads beers labels. to simplify that on a jumper a trident could be used rather that a full reproduction of king neptune and the symbol replaced by the picture which depit king neptune about to throw a tridate . any thoughts

Is your bed aligned with your door?

This from wikipedia (therefore plausibly incorrect) on King Neptune :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune_(mythology)

Neptune (Latin: Neptūnus) is the god of water and the sea in Roman mythology, a brother of Jupiter and Pluto. He is also the least endowed of all the gods.

As do I but when we seem to play in Melbourne we generally wear the white guernsey with the purple anchor. I don't want to win a premiership in this jumper I want to win one in the home guernsey.

The white jumper is worn in Melbourne as the responsibility to avoid a clash lies with the away team. A Grand Final does not have a home or away side. I believe there is a coin toss to decide who wears their original jumper if necessary (ie, if Fremantle were to play North Melbourne or Geelong, there would be no need for either side to wear an alternative strip).

True but when you look at it we only wore our home jumper against Collingwood North Melboure and Geelong I think when playing away. I reckon that we should just wear our home guernsey all the time but when playing away wear white shorts. IMO i don't reckon that our guernsey clashes with anyone elses in the competition.

True but when you look at it we only wore our home jumper against Collingwood North Melboure and Geelong I think when playing away. I reckon that we should just wear our home guernsey all the time but when playing away wear white shorts. IMO i don't reckon that our guernsey clashes with anyone elses in the competition.

This has already been discussed in this thread a couple of pages back - the AFL prefer to have a dark/light combination when possible, hence the increasing number of white clash strips. The Fremantle jumper clashes quite considerably with the Carlton and Melbourne jumpers and can be difficult to distinguish from the St Kilda and Port Adelaide jumpers due to the white strips down the middle of the jumpers.

Yes I can see how it clashs a little bit but i still think that we wear or clash strip way to often when playing interstate. And I know how the AFL prefers a light and a dark playing strip. It is stupid though how other teams are forced to change their strips when its their home games, ala Kangaroos and Collingwood.

FFS change to the purple haze jumper for home games. It looks so much more professional. Who amongst you would honestly walk down the street with purple, green, red and white coloured clothes? So many bright colours can never match.

fremantles still a relitively new club so if you're gonna change your jumper you should do it now while there's not much history behind it.

FFS change to the purple haze jumper for home games. It looks so much more professional. Who amongst you would honestly walk down the street with purple, green, red and white coloured clothes? So many bright colours can never match.

It's a sporting outfit not a freakin leisure suit. It's supposed to be distinctive and unique.

Having said that I also prefer the Haze for the home strip.

I think they bring them out around the time of the purple haze game. IIRC, jumpers are about $120 + $10 to get the numbers put on. Then they are available till stocks run out.

At some point as well, they do release some of the purple training guernseys which have numbers already printed. They are slightly different in that they have a FFC emblem where the "LG" usually goes on the front and then under the anchor they have the "LG" logo across the front. Like in this pic (taken by fat wombat's kids at training yesterday) but obviously in the reverse colours: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/inewlands/20090126DockersTrainingAustraliaDay2009#5295429254154082722

But immediately after the purple haze game, they also auction the game worn jumpers on-line - with proceeds going to the Starlight Foundation.

Depends how much you want to shell out - Pav's (and other highly popular players) jumpers usually go for a couple of grand, while some of the more "unknown" or "less popular" players go more for around the $100-$250 mark. But you might get stuck with a guernsey with #22 on the back... and only reveler would want that... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gurnsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back