Guts!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

It takes a pretty pathetic opposition supporter with a very sad and lonely existence to bother posting negative and meaningless thoughts about games on an opposition board. Funny how they can watch the game rather than turning the TV off and rooting their sister like they do every other night. If she had a headache tonight why not just log your sorry arses onto the Bulldog's board?

It was an ugly way of winning but all those Collingwood morons saying it didn't take guts can f*** off.

Tonights game was trench warfare, just a real hard slog. You could see at half time just how much of a toll that game was taking on both teams players. It was a gutsy effort for us to win it but equally as gutsy for the Dogs players to fight it out.

I still have more respect for the Bulldogs than I have for Collingwood who turned it up in the last quarter against us when the heat got too much.

The Dogs and Saints should have played on Anzac Day instead of Boganwood and Essenrabble.

Did the Collingwood trolls bother to watch their own team against us a few weeks ago?

For some reason we've got good teams like the Bulldogs and Magpies trying to play us at our own game.

Now crawl back into your boxes and head to the main board if you want to complain about the game. We post on this board so we can discuss Saints issues with other Saints supporters.

Onto the actual game and sure, we got a bit lucky tonight. But I'd defy anyone to suggest that we didn't show real guts and determination to hang in there and then take our chances when it counted.

We definitely need Gram back into the team as soon as possible. He's that extra midfielder who carries the ball and can break the lines. We didn't take enough risks tonight and it's something we're going to have to do as the weeks go on.

Great stuff Saints. The fact we seemed so gone before coming back and snatching it makes it even sweeter.

It takes a pretty pathetic opposition supporter with a very sad and lonely existence to bother posting negative and meaningless thoughts about games on an opposition board. Funny how they can watch the game rather than turning the TV off and rooting their sister like they do every other night. If she had a headache tonight why not just log your sorry arses onto the Bulldog's board?

Wow. You stated it all so eloquently. Lucky we have you here.

We wouldn't want anybody capable of actual thought saying anything instead.

Onto the actual game and sure, we got a bit lucky tonight. But I'd defy anyone to suggest that we didn't show real guts and determination to hang in there and then take our chances when it counted.

We definitely need Gram back into the team as soon as possible. He's that extra midfielder who carries the ball and can break the lines.

Absolutely. Watching the way that the guys worked for each other there was certainly huge commitment to the cause. Thought Farren Ray exposed his back to a hard hit on several occasions but got sledged as soft by Bulldog supporters all night.

But they seemed to love Aker's minimal impact even though he shirked two contests on the wing when the game was on the line. And to show the love to Barry Hall who goes around punching opponents with an open hand but raises his hands in an appeal to the umpire when the player retaliates? That's not guts. Robert Murphy shows guts (as does Hahn) and Gram would have been a much up on one of these guys (and provided the drive that Sainter mentioned).

Our players certainly appreciated the win. Ugly as it was, these are the games that install belief in the players that they are never beaten. This flows into the opposition minds, they have never got StKilda buried. Hence a very important win for us.

*Take your sooking to the main board where it will fit in nicely - Sainter*

Did the Collingwood trolls bother to watch their own team against us a few weeks ago?

For some reason we've got good teams like the Bulldogs and Magpies trying to play us at our own game.

Now crawl back into your boxes and head to the main board if you want to complain about the game. We post on this board so we can discuss Saints issues with other Saints supporters.

We definitely need Gram back into the team as soon as possible. He's that extra midfielder who carries the ball and can break the lines. We didn't take enough risks tonight and it's something we're going to have to do as the weeks go on.

Great stuff Saints. The fact we seemed so gone before coming back and snatching it makes it even sweeter.

Spot on brother.

When the Dogs have extra numbers back in our forward line, it's perfectly okay, but when we do it, it's a blight on the game.

What happened to Aka saying "no one has trained harder than us in the pre season?". Fail.

What happened to the Dogs being skillful enough to break our zone? Fail.

What happened to Barry "The Messiah" Hall being the get out option when the ball was held up further afield? Fail.

Quite simply our game plan allows us to soak up what the opposition throws at us and keeps us in the game.

We did this;

man-digging-thumb2453573.jpg

Showed plenty of this;

heart_pic9.gif

and got this many points;

number-4.jpg

Ross Lyon has his head in the sand if he thinks we shouldn't be playing another key forward. We are really struggling to find a target inside 50. We keep playing like this and we won't make the top four. We were extremely
lucky to win last night!!!

Remember there's no garuntee that roo will make it back!! It's time to find another option.

Ross Lyon has his head in the sand if he thinks we shouldn't be playing another key forward. We are really struggling to find a target inside 50. We keep playing like this and we won't make the top four. We were extremely
lucky to win last night!!!

Remember there's no garuntee that roo will make it back!! It's time to find another option.

Yeah it's blindingly obvious we need another tall target up forward. Even the commentators were saying last night that we lacked tall marking targets up forward, people like Leigh Matthews know what they're talking about. We barely took a mark inside 50 all night.

We can't just rely on Kosi as he isn't mobile enough like Riewoldt is. I know people are probably sick of me saying it but Stanley has to come in, he is the obvious option to play as a second tall at CHF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any vision of the song after the game?
missed it :(

Yep - pretty funny too. Lenny went way too early and Milne made him pay by taking extra long to kick it off.

Red Bull very pumped!

Spot on brother.

When the Dogs have extra numbers back in our forward line, it's perfectly okay, but when we do it, it's a blight on the game.

What happened to Aka saying "no one has trained harder than us in the pre season?". Fail.

What happened to the Dogs being skillful enough to break our zone? Fail.

What happened to Barry "The Messiah" Hall being the get out option when the ball was held up further afield? Fail.

Quite simply our game plan allows us to soak up what the opposition throws at us and keeps us in the game.

We did this;

man-digging-thumb2453573.jpg

Showed plenty of this;

heart_pic9.gif

and got this many points;

number-4.jpg

what a joke this post is mateyou didn't win it for any of your stated reasons....you guys got out of jail and you know it. We out played you all night, the only thing we got wrong/were not good enough at was putting you away when we had simple chances and that's all that separated us on the night. Bad finishing is bad footy....but this malarkey you go on with is rubbish. You honestly must be pinching yourself with that win....We lowered ourselves to your miserable game style and lost....but only just.....I hope we get a chance to play you again this year when it will really counts...with all our midfield playing.

PS I pity you having to watch that sort of footy all year....

what a joke this post is mateyou didn't win it for any of your stated reasons....you guys got out of jail and you know it. We out played you all night, the only thing we got wrong/were not good enough at was putting you away when we had simple chances and that's all that separated us on the night. Bad finishing is bad footy....but this malarkey you go on with is rubbish. You honestly must be pinching yourself with that win....We lowered ourselves to your miserable game style and lost....but only just.....I hope we get a chance to play you again this year when it will really counts...with all our midfield playing.

It won't matter, we have you Dogs well trained now.

cute-puppy-pictures-play-dead.jpg

Oh shit Shirley, thanks for the laugh, no seriously, thanks! I've bolded my favourite parts so I can come back anytime & enjoy the magnificence of your comedic genius that you most obviously are. Look forward to seeing you on the humour board. Fantastic!

Oh shit Shirley, thanks for the laugh, no seriously, thanks! I've bolded my favourite parts so I can come back anytime & enjoy the magnificence of your comedic genius that you most obviously are. Look forward to seeing you on the humour board. Fantastic!
I don't know, I think my favourite bit was the insinuation that the Doggies lost because they were undermanned.

Fantastic win in difficult circumstances (3 games in 12 days) Guts indeed:thumbsu:I laugh at these opposition trolls (and talking the main board as well) who get the red carpet laid out for them each year, 7 day & 8 day game breaks consistently and when any 'real pressure' is applied crumble like a sack of potatoes thrown into a cement mixer. We're as tough as they come and thankfully they hate it:D

with all our midfield playing.

Thanks Kelvin Cunnington. Does your keyboard make a whining sound as you type?

I guess you'll be alot stronger when Cooney, Cross, Griffen, Gilbee and Giansiracusa come back into the team.

Who knows - maybe next time we'll luck out and get more than 8 free kicks for the entire game.

Thanks Kelvin Cunnington. Does your keyboard make a whining sound as you type?

I guess you'll be alot stronger when Cooney, Cross, Griffen, Gilbee and Giansiracusa come back into the team.

Who knows - maybe next time we'll luck out and get more than 8 free kicks for the entire game.

Perhaps a blonde bloke who wears #12 might also make an appearance as well.

Perhaps a blonde bloke who wears #12 might also make an appearance as well.

He did on Friday - I had a laugh when this little blonde kid ran out with the team in #12. Reaction:

"Geez, they took more off his hamstring than I thought" and

"The poor barstard's spent so long in the hyperbaric chamber he's shrunk!".

Remove this Banner Ad

Guts!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back