GWS Coaching Structure - Brad Miller New Neafl Coach, Brettt Hand & Addison move into Player Welfare

Remove this Banner Ad

Really disappointed to lose Choc as he is a truly elite coach and will be a big loss.

With him gone I hope we look to bring in somebody like Scott Burns who is universally regarded as a promising coach and head coach in waiting.

A year or two under Sheeds should have Burns ready to take the reins.

imo a very big loss to the giants, something must have upset him. we dont need rattern though.

I was thinking Ratten would actually be a good assistant addition. Wouldn't really want him as the keeper of the keys but he's shown a good developmental eye, if not a strategic eye.

Another scenario that's probably more wishful thinking is Williams being lured back up here when Sheeds does retire in a year or two, assuming he hasn't gotten a head coaching position in the meantime (reasonably likely). After all, head coach still beats assistant.

Losing half the young players to other clubs would be a disaster.

Losing half the coaching team when the kids - including the two that have shown they are already elite - re-signed as a mob ? I can cope.

Disappointing losing Williams, given a choice I would have kept him ahead of Sheedy.

I think Ratten would be a good replacement but doubt it will happen.

i agree with the first part i think williams big loss, sheeds still required but should have moved into a role like eade at collingwood.
imo its no,no,no to ratern watched carlton today , they are not coached well, probably good bloke but very pour coach.

i agree with the first part i think williams big loss, sheeds still required but should have moved into a role like eade at collingwood.
imo its no,no,no to ratern watched carlton today , they are not coached well, probably good bloke but very pour coach.

I actually think Ratten is an excellent development coach and with our list full of kids thats what we need. But like I said before whoever we get will be high quality

Zorro seems to have a big problem with Ratten not going to bag him for his opinion just because I disagree. I think Ratten would be a good assistant coach.
I really hoped Choco would hang around and take over next for the 2014 season. As long as we dont get Malthouse. I dont care if he is a top coach, I cannot stand that arrogant pr**k. Not really going to be an issue unless choco has gone to the Blues.

Zorro seems to have a big problem with Ratten not going to bag him for his opinion just because I disagree. I think Ratten would be a good assistant coach.
I really hoped Choco would hang around and take over next for the 2014 season. As long as we dont get Malthouse. I dont care if he is a top coach, I cannot stand that arrogant pr**k. Not really going to be an issue unless choco has gone to the Blues.

i am happy for different opinions, but even though the giants cop a few beltings you can see a definite game stile,i dont see this at carlton, every one is getting on the rattern band wagon , but his team talk about how they let him down but still dont win. imo good bloke pour coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greater Western Sydney football manager Graeme Allan says his AFL club won't be rushed into naming Mark Williams' replacement, and is yet to decide whether the candidate will need to have vast coaching experience.

"Basically we are looking at three options," Allan said on Wednesday.
"The first is to appoint a senior assistant coach, the second is to go for a younger assistant coach and the third is to promote from within.
"We haven't made any decision yet about the direction we want to head in but they are our options. It's obviously an important decision and one we want to get right."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8531857

I'm curious about why people think highly of Ratten?

IMO Carlton's young players haven't developed much under his watch, and he hasn't shown any particular tactical or man management brilliance. Nice guy though.

Just heard on on the couch that richmond are into 1 of our young players I was just walking back into the room so missed his name. I'm not suprised with that sleaze bag Williams now at the tigers if he is involved and it's no coincidence what a low turd he is

Just heard on on the couch that richmond are into 1 of our young players I was just walking back into the room so missed his name. I'm not suprised with that sleaze bag Williams now at the tigers if he is involved and it's no coincidence what a low turd he is

no one on the outside knows why chocco left, but he did well in his time at the club & does not need to be slagged off.

Well put zorro1836!

I don't think a player was actually named on 'The Couch', the speculation is that they are after one of out top 10 draft picks that hasn't resigned yet. My understanding is that that leaves Patton, Tyson, Hoskin-Elliott, Haynes or Sumner as possible targets.

The GIANTS are supposed to have threatened to poach Cotchin or Delidio if they do.

Well put zorro1836!

I don't think a player was actually named on 'The Couch', the speculation is that they are after one of out top 10 draft picks that hasn't resigned yet. My understanding is that that leaves Patton, Tyson, Hoskin-Elliott, Haynes or Sumner as possible targets.

The GIANTS are supposed to have threatened to poach Cotchin or Delidio if they do.

Deledio is contracted to 2017. Cotchin will be a Tiger for Life.

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS Coaching Structure - Brad Miller New Neafl Coach, Brettt Hand & Addison move into Player Welfare

Remove this Banner Ad

Back