GWS GIANTS Dream Team/Supercoach questions - 2014 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Good point, although the inclusion of Hunt and Shaw also threatens his JS.. having a quick look through your Best 22 thread Im shocked to see that he seems to be on the fringe!

Yeah I am looking closely at Bugg and was looking at drafting him in our keeper league but there does seem some serious concerns on whether he will make the 22 which is a bit annoying as I think he could be a very hand, cheap pick up.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for the club) there are a large group of genuinely talented young guys that exceeds the number of spots we have each week, inevitably some more will have to leave to get opportunity, trying to pick which ones are likely to play most is a challenge, I'm glad Cameron has to do it and not me. FWIW I think Bugg will be given the opportunity. Hunt wont force anyone out on a regular basis, he was brought in to give protection and guidance to the kids, bugger all point if they then don't play the kids :)

quick question. not too worried about scoring potential, but is Sam Frost looking like a weekly starter? you have a billion midfield types of huge talent, but maybe he's a likely kp defender?

quick question. not too worried about scoring potential, but is Sam Frost looking like a weekly starter? you have a billion midfield types of huge talent, but maybe he's a likely kp defender?
Mohr (foot) will miss at least the first 4 weeks, and Frost is in pole position to take his spot. Beyond that, Mohr would more than likely have a run with the twos and then return to the senior side once he's proven his fitness - it's unclear what Frost's role will be when Mohr is back.

I've got Frost myself and hope to at least get a price bump in that 4+ week stretch then see what happens when Mohr's back.

Mohr (foot) will miss at least the first 4 weeks, and Frost is in pole position to take his spot. Beyond that, Mohr would more than likely have a run with the twos and then return to the senior side once he's proven his fitness - it's unclear what Frost's role will be when Mohr is back.

I've got Frost myself and hope to at least get a price bump in that 4+ week stretch then see what happens when Mohr's back.
Not sure he will be an every week starter but will certainly get games and should score OK when he does....there are probably 4 or 5 guys competing for 2 spots and all have made a pretty good case... and Mohr will go straight in as soon as he is fit.

Hi guys,

What do you see as Devon Smiths role this season? HF? Mid? Bench warmer? I have him pegged as a potential consistent scorer if he runs through the middle most weeks. I think there may be very good value here, but the inside word would be handy.

Cheers,
Josh

Hi guys,

What do you see as Devon Smiths role this season? HF? Mid? Bench warmer? I have him pegged as a potential consistent scorer if he runs through the middle most weeks. I think there may be very good value here, but the inside word would be handy.

Cheers,
Josh

I think they'll try to get him pushing up through the middle but I don't expect to see it regularly. We're still thin up around the forward line.

Any update on Kelly's chances of a round one start? Cheers.

Looked unlikely early on but has played really well in the last two games. You'll know pretty soon, that's probably the best advice I can give at this time. He'd be 50/50.

Any idea why Jake Kelly hasn't been selected for Round 1? Was hoping to use him as my cash cow. I thought he performed very well in the NAB Challenge, and thought he would play round one.

Josh Kelly is unlucky. He was in a group of about 4-5 players who were battling for 2 spots. If any of the mids don't perform in Rd 1, Kelly is likely to get the call up.

Any idea why Jake Kelly hasn't been selected for Round 1? Was hoping to use him as my cash cow. I thought he performed very well in the NAB Challenge, and thought he would play round one.
Simply the next best mid (for now) behind those who are playing. He'll get his run early in the season but couldn't quite crack the round one side.

I've got Kelly and/or Lamb in most if not all formats so I'm spewing they're both emergencies for this one haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever is best priced. I've got Whitfield in my squad - he's impressive - but Shiel is likely to score points too. Shiel has a year on Whitfield, but that would be his only advantage.
Whitfield is a fair bit cheaper. I didn't take too much notice of Shiel in the NAB, but followed Whitfield closely and liked what I saw. I guess that's what is attached being a Pick #1.

Thoughts on Mumford? He's entering that part of his career where rucks enter their peak. Plus the Giants have a nice little draw in the lead-up to the bye. How will he share the ruck time with Giles? Will he play every game unless injured?

Thoughts on Mumford? How will he share the ruck time with Giles? Will he play every game unless injured?

Mumford is main ruckman; he should be playing every game unless injured. The Giants third ruckman Andrew Phillips had a horror run with injury last year, so it is likely to be some time before Mummy is strategically rested.

Of course, the split between Mummy and Giles each match will depend on how the game is flowing; but I'd pick Mumford as a cheapish primary ruck option.

Is Josh Hunt going to rack up stats like that most weeks? I didn't see the first 3/4 so I'm not sure what his role really is.

Is he rebounding of was it just a one off due to the weather? Is he best 22?

Thanks in advance.

Is Josh Hunt going to rack up stats like that most weeks? I didn't see the first 3/4 so I'm not sure what his role really is.

Is he rebounding of was it just a one off due to the weather? Is he best 22?

Thanks in advance.

Rebounding and contested marks off Sydney kicks. If he keeps his spot with that role, he'll put up similar numbers. Cornes was getting 100s each week playing that role.

What was with Shiel playing the sub role in this first up game? Tactical decision? Would be good to know where he stands going forward and if you guys think he's likely to get the vest much again (red or green). Cheers.

What was with Shiel playing the sub role in this first up game? Tactical decision? Would be good to know where he stands going forward and if you guys think he's likely to get the vest much again (red or green). Cheers.

Probably one of the best to have an impact off the bench with his burst and pace.

Hi guys, what's Sam Frost's job security like?
Mohr will miss at least two more weeks with a foot injury that's seen him out for 4-5 months, and Davis is still in hospital after 10 days so TBA on his return. While one or both of them are missing, Frost's job security is very good.

G'day guys. Looking at Hampton for a draft league. Is he playing a creative half back roll where the team look to get it into his hands. Would need him to average 83 plus to make it worthwhile to pickup. Thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS GIANTS Dream Team/Supercoach questions - 2014 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back