Workshop GWS Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

ACT flag, adopted 1993:
210px-Flag_of_the_Australian_Capital_Territory.svg.png

Have kept a really close eye on the GWS Name/Jumper issue. Although it is still a few hours from being official, I am disappointed about:

1. Greater Western Sydney as the official name - it sounds like a street directory, and it's too bloody long. Fingers crossed they change it to simply "Western Sydney". Why on earth have "Greater" before it?

2. Giants - WTF? Did anybody actually vote for it? It sounds WAY too basketball and American. It's not worse than "Suns", but it definitely isn't any better.

One of the best aspects of this game is that a bloke the size of John Platten can be every bit as good at the game as an Aaron Sandilands. Giants is just not right. It describes a physical aspect, and does NOT capture the spirit of a team or region. EPIC FAIL IMO.

West Sydney Rebels, West Sydney Wolves, West Sydney Warriors, West Sydney Stallions...I'd have gone with WS Rebels, or WS Stallions (if the AFL wanted a graphic design angle) but I'm not an overpaid image consultant who apparently knows better.

3. The Jumper - I'm okay with the colours of charcoal/black and orange (with white or whatever) but what is with the big ugly G? It's effing woeful and it means NOTHING...

I am hopeful that we have been deliberately mis-informed by GWS and Crazy Vossy's Mentor, Crazy Sheedy, pulls out SOMETHING....

And, because this is a footy jumper forum, I can't just throw crap and not put alternatives forward...this took about 20 minutes - simple, distinctive jumpers...

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2351/westsydneyjumpers.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ The designs themselves aren't too bad, but I can't see a team who are looking to entice a lot of non-Christians in a non-Anglo area wearing a cross on their jumper, a clear sign of Christianity. Plus it looks like a sideways Scandinavian cross.

GWS-giants_420-420x0.jpg

The one on the left isn't great but it's not bad either. The one on the right is too plain and too much like GC's one. I don't know how I feel about their logo, I feel like I'm missing something clever about it because it's just... a misshaped G.

GWS-giants_420-420x0.jpg

The one on the left isn't great but it's not bad either. The one on the right is too plain and too much like GC's one. I don't know how I feel about their logo, I feel like I'm missing something clever about it because it's just... a misshaped G.

Methinks it's the Parramatta River cutting in to the Sydney coastline. With them at the west of it.

Very Brisbane Bears.

Design wise, they're quite good for a 'modern' design. Nice and simple at least, and the logo's not terrible.
That charcoal one is essentially the unholy union of the Bears and Port though.

Methinks it's the Parramatta River cutting in to the Sydney coastline. With them at the west of it.

Very Brisbane Bears.

Design wise, they're quite good for a 'modern' design. Nice and simple at least, and the logo's not terrible.
That charcoal one is essentially the unholy union of the Bears and Port though.

Yeah I can see it! :thumbsu:

The orange part is like the teal on the old home jumper, and the white offset G is similarly placed to the SBS stripes (but on the opposite side). If they track like Port did with their jumper they will look like this in 2025! :p

5k3qxz.png

I wonder what the ACT jumper will look like (or if one of those IS the ACT jumper)?

I just got an email from the club that mentions the 2 jumpers will go to a vote to decide which one gets worn.
I hope it's the one with the white G.
Also here it says they'll have a pale blue away jumper. It could work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop GWS Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back