Halfway through the season and C'wood have travelled interstate once! What a joke!

Remove this Banner Ad

ICanDressMyself said:
Fact 1: Melbourne home game? I guarentee there will be more Collingwood fans than Melbourne fans so how does that make it Melbourne's home game? Home ground advantage means the you have the advantage when it comes to number of vocal fans, and believe me, Collingwood supporters ARE vocal. It may say that it's a Melbourne home game but there will be an overwhelming majority in favour of one side.

Fact 3: Ooooo!! 2 interstate trips in 3 weeks! I think we better start bringing out the record books for that one! Adelaide travelled interstate 5 times in the first 8 rounds - more travelling than Collingwood do in 2 years. Also Freo had it rough in the first half of the season with travelling.

Possibility 1: What makes you think you will finish below WCE and Crows? Eagles and Crows still have to do double the interstate trips that Collingwood are doing in the final 12 rounds. Advantage - Collingwood. In reality you really shouldn't have a problem finishing 1st or 2nd.

You cop it sweet? I hope you're not talking fixture-wise. :eek: Other than that - Eddie McGuire. I honestly believe that if you didn't have a president who was in the media spotlight 24/7 and didn't commentate (previous years) his own clubs matches, that the hatred shown towards Collingwood wouldn't be as strong. That, and if your cheersquad (ie Joffa) cooled down a bit and wasn't an arrogant prlck. You "cop it sweet" through the media and oppostion fans only because your fans and Eddie bring it upon themselves.

He means it is listed as their home game - thus they get the gate revenue from a full house.

Regards

S. Pete

Stumpy Pete said:
He means it is listed as their home game - thus they get the gate revenue from a full house.

Regards

S. Pete

So will this mean Melbourne will get more supporters to the game? No.

Collingwood if anyone have the advantage. I don't care about gate revenue, they are getting their 50,000 fans to every game in Melbourne, which is 18. Therefore they are unfairly advantaged. Simple.

Re: Halfway through the season and C'wood have travelled interstate once! What a joke

ICanDressMyself said:

Collingwood if anyone have the advantage. I don't care about gate revenue, they are getting their 50,000 fans to every game in Melbourne, which is 18. Therefore they are unfairly advantaged. Simple.

Unfairly advantaged?! This is one of the weirdest statements I've seen.:confused:

What should be done about it?

Do you reckon the number of Collingwood fans coming through the gates should be capped? Perhaps they could try that in Perth, Adelaide and brisbane. Can't have too many fans coming to see their team play now can we?

doppleganger said:
the only teams collingwood have an advantage over are the other melbourne based teams! the huge advantage being that the pies travel interstate 4 times when most clubs go 5 or 6 times in a really bad year, so yes the dogs, tiger supporters have a genuine case......but most know the actual reasons as to why this is the case

the non melbourne teams have a totally different group of advantages-disadvantages and hence cant be compared

sydney playing an "away" game at the SCG against the dogs, why dont all the adelaide & west coast groupies get in and have a sook about that??

You should put your brain into gear before you go off making sensational claims of us not sooking because of Sydney's situation. Us interstate fans know that. Fremantle, WC, PA and Adelaide all also get away games at home....when their direct rival hosts the showdown/derby. Or didnt u remember that? That is why Sydney will get that game, and Brisbane get one as well if I am correct against Melbourne or someone. Therefore, we all actually only get 11 games at home, but sometimes we can be the away team at our home ground....as you may very well realise. I would love being the away team at AAMi everyweek plus or home games, like the Pies get. But this is a national comp, so all teams should be treated equally. Collingwood think they run this country, when all they is the Eddie ' I am the leader of the world ' McGuire dictatorship.

ICanDressMyself said:
Fact 1: Melbourne home game? I guarentee there will be more Collingwood fans than Melbourne fans so how does that make it Melbourne's home game? Home ground advantage means the you have the advantage when it comes to number of vocal fans, and believe me, Collingwood supporters ARE vocal. It may say that it's a Melbourne home game but there will be an overwhelming majority in favour of one side.

Fact 3: Ooooo!! 2 interstate trips in 3 weeks! I think we better start bringing out the record books for that one! Adelaide travelled interstate 5 times in the first 8 rounds - more travelling than Collingwood do in 2 years. Also Freo had it rough in the first half of the season with travelling.

Possibility 1: What makes you think you will finish below WCE and Crows? Eagles and Crows still have to do double the interstate trips that Collingwood are doing in the final 12 rounds. Advantage - Collingwood. In reality you really shouldn't have a problem finishing 1st or 2nd.

You cop it sweet? I hope you're not talking fixture-wise. :eek: Other than that - Eddie McGuire. I honestly believe that if you didn't have a president who was in the media spotlight 24/7 and didn't commentate (previous years) his own clubs matches, that the hatred shown towards Collingwood wouldn't be as strong. That, and if your cheersquad (ie Joffa) cooled down a bit and wasn't an arrogant prlck. You "cop it sweet" through the media and oppostion fans only because your fans and Eddie bring it upon themselves.
I think you'll find that Eddies's profile in Melbourne has been dramatically reduced since his move to Sydney and his dropping of all on air commitments. Pouf!!! There goes your Eddie in the media 24/7 argument. And you hate Collingwood, big deal, you can go to the back of a very loooooooooooong queue. Personally I don't hate Adelaide at all, you're football newbies compared to the ancient rivalries that have existed in this state for a hundred years. We recognise that we are the most hated and talked about (you're a graphic example) club in the land, and thats the way we like it. It seems we are a lightning rod for people (like you)this year and I wonder why that is? Keep talking about us, its just feeds our fire! We're COLLINGWOOD, and we don't care what you think.:thumbsu:

Re: Halfway through the season and C'wood have travelled interstate once! What a joke

Thongdam said:
Unfairly advantaged?! This is one of the weirdest statements I've seen.:confused:

Do you reckon the number of Collingwood fans coming through the gates should be capped? Perhaps they could try that in Perth, Adelaide and brisbane. Can't have too many fans coming to see their team play now can we?

I'm just saying that the advantage of playing in Melbourne 18 times in a year in unfair. 18 games and if they wanted to they could get 50,000 fans there cheering on the team.

1/2 trips to Subi, 1/2 trips to Adelaide, 1 to Sydney, 1 to Brisbane, 1 to Skilled and 1/2 to Tassie/Carrara or wherever. That would be a maximum of 9 trips interstate (will never happen) so to make it a little more fair, Collingwood should at least travel insterstate 7 times in the home and away season. :thumbsu:

ICanDressMyself said:
I'm just saying that the advantage of playing in Melbourne 18 times in a year in unfair. 18 games and if they wanted to they could get 50,000 fans there cheering on the team.

1/2 trips to Subi, 1/2 trips to Adelaide, 1 to Sydney, 1 to Brisbane, 1 to Skilled and 1/2 to Tassie/Carrara or wherever. That would be a maximum of 9 trips interstate (will never happen) so to make it a little more fair, Collingwood should at least travel insterstate 7 times in the home and away season. :thumbsu:
Right. You want Collingwood to travel interstate 7 times in the home and away season when there are only 6 interstate clubs. Nice.
BTW Gellong is not interstate.

ICanDressMyself said:

9 (or 7) interstate trips when there are only 6 interstate teams?

That Melbourne teams sell home games that they have to play 'away' is up to them. Saints and Hawthorn can play in Tassie if they want to, but don't use them as a yardstick to judge teams who don't/won't go there to play home games. Collingwood obviously don't need or want to play there. Hawthorn travel 8 times (9 if you want to include Geelong!) but FOUR of these are home games...3 in Tassie and 1 at Carrara.

Sure Collingwood could always play another game another at Subi and perhaps one at Skilled this year but otherwise there's no problem. Most teams are still in Melbourne whether people like it or not, so it makes sense to play most games there.

Stumpy Pete said:
Yes we travel only 4 times a year and yes this gives us a relative advantage over some clubs.

But then again we deserve it because we are Collingwood - the greatest sporting club in the world.

Regards

S. Pete
Nothing more needs to be said really

jmf said:
Why is C'wood the only club in the AFL that doesn't travel interstate?
Everyone's talking up C'wood but they play at home every week!
Let's face facts, everytime they travel, they lose!
If they had played interstate at least three times like every other Melb based club then they would be on 6 wins, 4 losses and back with the pack.
This will bite them come finlals time when they will HAVE to play either Adel or WC AWAY! The draw is a farce!!!
Dont worry. Collingwood are coming to Sydney in Rd 11. :D

pieman1 said:
I think you'll find that Eddies's profile in Melbourne has been dramatically reduced since his move to Sydney and his dropping of all on air commitments. Pouf!!! There goes your Eddie in the media 24/7 argument. And you hate Collingwood, big deal, you can go to the back of a very loooooooooooong queue. Personally I don't hate Adelaide at all, you're football newbies compared to the ancient rivalries that have existed in this state for a hundred years. We recognise that we are the most hated and talked about (you're a graphic example) club in the land, and thats the way we like it. It seems we are a lightning rod for people (like you)this year and I wonder why that is? Keep talking about us, its just feeds our fire! We're COLLINGWOOD, and we don't care what you think.:thumbsu:

Haha yeah well there definetly are different perspectives on this matter. A lot of Collingwood fans don't like being the most hated club, and rightly so. Why the hell would you want to be mocked just because of your team name?

And I'm not just talking about this year einstein. Eddie has been in the media spotlight for very long time and only now is the eddie attention slowing down. Eddie is one very greedy man. He needs to choose which path he is going to go down because juggling these two major jobs wont be doing Collingwood any good in the long run.

cruiser said:
Dont worry. Collingwood are coming to Sydney in Rd 11. :D
And we will hopefully find room on the plane for the second time keeeper this time.

Musrum said:
Right. You want Collingwood to travel interstate 7 times in the home and away season when there are only 6 interstate clubs. Nice.
BTW Gellong is not interstate.

I said Tasmania or Manuka once. Playing Roos or Saints, and playing Geelong at their actual home ground in Geelong.

Don't act all stupid like you didn't know what I meant. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, I dont' really have a problem with it, Collingwood don't make the draw and to be honest all Vic clubs want to have a home game against them each year. Frankly they travel 4 times this year (which is only one less then my club) and 5 trips is usually the normal number of interstate games for most vic clubs (except those who sell home games interstate)
this thread just sounds like an unreasonable whinge to me.

Thongdam said:
9 (or 7) interstate trips when there are only 6 interstate teams?

That Melbourne teams sell home games that they have to play 'away' is up to them. Saints and Hawthorn can play in Tassie if they want to, but don't use them as a yardstick to judge teams who don't/won't go there to play home games. Collingwood obviously don't need or want to play there. Hawthorn travel 8 times (9 if you want to include Geelong!) but FOUR of these are home games...3 in Tassie and 1 at Carrara.

Sure Collingwood could always play another game another at Subi and perhaps one at Skilled this year but otherwise there's no problem. Most teams are still in Melbourne whether people like it or not, so it makes sense to play most games there.

Then why not 6 games interstate for Collingwood?

Hawthorn still have to do the hassel of travelling. Fatigue could take it's toll and if Hawks are playing games in Tassie, it really is a neutral ground. They're not going to get their entire supporter base in Tassie.

ICanDressMyself said:

You don't care about gate revenue but I bet the Melbourne Football Club do.

I'm sure that if they are playing Collingwood once a year and the Bulldogs once a year they will choose Collingwood as their home game and Bulldogs as their away game every year.

Of course you do understand that home club gets Lion's share of the gate takings don't you?

Regards

S. Pete

ICanDressMyself said:
Then why not 6 games interstate for Collingwood?

Hawthorn still have to do the hassel of travelling. Fatigue could take it's toll and if Hawks are playing games in Tassie, it really is a neutral ground. They're not going to get their entire supporter base in Tassie.
Its simple, we are worth more to the AFL at home, than we are away.

ICanDressMyself said:
I said Tasmania or Manuka once. Playing Roos or Saints, and playing Geelong at their actual home ground in Geelong.

Don't act all stupid like you didn't know what I meant. :rolleyes:
I know exactlly what you mean, and I can happily inform you that it is still stupid.

Does your Club plan to fund the loss in revenue to each of Geelong, St Kilda and North Melbourne?
That would be fair.

ICanDressMyself said:

They chose to play there home game in Tassie. Home teams can choose to play there home games wherever they like. Are you to dumb to understand this concept.

So Hawthorn choose to play some home games interstate. It is there choice.

Clubs can chose to play there home games wherever they like. We choose to play ours in Melbourne. Some Victorians choose to play there home games interstate.

Don't hold that against us.

Lestat said:
They chose to play there home game in Tassie. Home teams can choose to play there home games wherever they like. Are you to dumb to understand this concept.

So Hawthorn choose to play some home games interstate. It is there choice.

Clubs can chose to play there home games wherever they like. We choose to play ours in Melbourne. Some Victorians choose to play there home games interstate.

Don't hold that against us.

So because there is lack of travelling required for Collingwood seeing as there is only 6 interstate teams, why not make it fair and make them play 6 interstate games and 16 games in Victoria? It's not much but definetly an improvement. I just don't see why Collingwood are given the absolute minimum when it comes to travelling interstate.

ICanDressMyself said:
So because there is lack of travelling required for Collingwood seeing as there is only 6 interstate teams, why not make it fair and make them play 6 interstate games and 16 games in Victoria? It's not much but definetly an improvement. I just don't see why Collingwood are given the absolute minimum when it comes to travelling interstate.
Shouldn't you be saying, which Melbourne clubs should be told to give up their best money earning game.

Who?
Norf?
Dogs?

If you don't have a solution then STFU

1. Because you can't let the choice of some clubs mean that the AFL dictates the travel of another.

2. Because we have to play some interstate teams twice a year and we can't play both of those games interstate.

Regards

S. Pete

ICanDressMyself said:

Tell me, how is that fair. So because other teams 'choose' to play home games interstate, then you believe that Collingwood should be forced to play 6 away games interestate? And you reckon thats fair.

Tell me, how many Victorian teams are playing 6 'away' games interestate this year? Any?

And then there is the fact that nearly all Victorian teams request home games against us. So.....which club do you feel should miss out on the financial advantages of playing Collingwood at home?

Quite frankly, I don't give a damn how many games we play interstate. We've got a pretty good record interstate. But I think you'll find that those who will hurt the most are the poorer Victorian clubs, who quite often depend on the revenue they will recieve from playing us as a home game.

But then again, you don't really care about them, do you. And you just want something to whinge about, don't you.

When Essendon played 17 games at the MCG in 2000, not a whisper was heard. I wonder why that is?

Stumpy Pete said:
1. Because you can't let the choice of some clubs mean that the AFL dictates the travel of another.

2. Because we have to play some interstate teams twice a year and we can't play both of those games interstate.

Regards

S. Pete

Whhaaaa?

Freo once, WCE once, Adelaice once, Port once, Sydney once, Brisbane once. What's wrong with that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Halfway through the season and C'wood have travelled interstate once! What a joke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back