Discussion Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All. The Boncer edition of the Hall of Fame is back!

Nominations for the next round of inductions close by the end of December with induction to occur the Sunday night before Round 1.

For full transparency Hall of Fame applications will be judged by those in the Hall of Fame already. It will be a opt-in committee of 10 with a simple majority rules on the decision, tie breaks to be broken by me.

Please PM any nomination you wish to raise through to me. Happy to answer questions except those asked by The Half Back

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
======================
Season 13 - Ljp86, boncer34, Mobbenfuhrer, Fred, Deestroy, eagleskickass
Season 14 - rfctigerarmy, dougthelegend
Season 15 - Wally, Pie 4 Life
Season 16 - Broken, Tarkyn_24
Season 17 - Itsmyshow, ClarkeM
Season 18 - Frankston Rover, croweater 41
Season 19 - okeydoke7
Season 22 - beez, Eth
Season 25 - Biggie, larrikin, ant555, The Filth Wizard
Season 26 - Dingster, Hate
Season 27 - loopy_cam
Season 28 - pantskyle
Season 29 - DemonJim
Season 30 - Kennedy Parker
Season 32 - Fitzroybowiedog

Q&A Fact Sheet

Boncer, does this have the approval of Kennedy Parker?

Yes, the current admin has signed this off.

Why are you running this and not him?
Running seems to be overstating it a little. I'm purely collating all nominations and presenting them to the HoF Members who will vote on this.

But why are nominations open to all?
Nominations are open to all because the HoF belongs to all of the SFA, not just the current captains. If someone wishes to nominate a person and their captain disagrees I don't believe that is fair.

Aren't you afraid of frivolous nominations by not limiting it to just captains?
No, I have seen frivolous nominations from captains for the HoF before, so the argument that limiting it to captains will prevent this is a little silly in my humble opinion. Regardless, a nomination is not acceptance to the HoF, all nominations get voted on by the HoF members.

What is an example of a good nomination?
An excellent question, this post here gives an example of a successful nomination

Why PM nominations?
It is easier for me to track PM's then this thread. For example there have been a number of nominations in here that haven't been sent to me directly, I can only assume they're joke nominations. I don't want to have to check every nomination is real, yes PM's don't totally solve the problem but it does mitigate it slightly.

When do nominations close?
They close December 31st. At that time I will post them all in this thread so if people want to add to the nomination they can.

Who votes for this?
An opt-in committee of a minimum of 10 current HoF members

Why 10?
10 seems a large enough group to me. It's more than 1/3 of the current HoF members, setting a minimum prevents the HoF from being left in the hands of only a few.

Why opt-in?
We have an opt-in because that way only people showing an interest in the process vote. It also prevents a "You didn't wait for my vote" situation on close decisions.

Last edited:
So nominations are open to the public? Why not have them public in this thread to avoid the likely case of double-ups?

How does the "opt-in committee of 10" get selected if more than ten are interested? Why not just have nine to avoid tie-breaks?

Kennedy Parker - is this an official league process? I don't recall hearing anything of the sort.

So nominations are open to the public? Why not have them public in this thread to avoid the likely case of double-ups?

How does the "opt-in committee of 10" get selected if more than ten are interested? Why not just have nine to avoid tie-breaks?

Kennedy Parker - is this an official league process? I don't recall hearing anything of the sort.
1. Coz it's easier (I'm lazy) for me to track PMs then it is in here.
2. Coz I like the number of 10 and it ran last time just fine.
3. I ran it last time with resounding success so KP in his wisdom has handed it to me again.

1. Coz it's easier (I'm lazy) for me to track PMs then it is in here.
2. Coz I like the number of 10 and it ran last time just fine.
3. I ran it last time with resounding success so KP in his wisdom has handed it to me again.
1. But surely you'll get double nominations, which is a waste of time for all involved? Also easier if public for future nominations.

2. Are you in the committee of ten?

3. Kennedy Parker - would you call last time a resounding success?

1. But surely you'll get double nominations, which is a waste of time for all involved? Also easier if public for future nominations.

2. Are you in the committee of ten?

3. Kennedy Parker - would you call last time a resounding success?
1. Nah it'll save me time.
2. No
3. He would

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I nominate The Jesus

HOF 1.png
HOF 2.png

Never heard of him.

Are the committee's votes public to other committee members?
They were last time. I gave the option of privacy if someone wanted it but I think maybe 1 voted privately.

Otto is a worthy nomination. Always up for hard media and engagement and undeniably a contributor to the joint.

I did a quick run through the thirteen lists. I did find quite a few stalwart contributors who sadly are not seen enough nowadays in what will be known in future as the Laudenum era of Kennedy Parker

As a relative noob I am not well placed to nom anyone but well known racing identities like the following would seem to be worthy additions:

1. Barrybran has done sterling work behind the scenes (modding. Posting games) as well as leading a struggling club, being a dominant player, winning awards inc the beez. For several seasons he spent a lot of effort helping noobs.

2. NaturalDisaster - ND is unique and surely no-one has a thicker hide. Of course he is a wreckabout but no-one can deny the entertainment (often inadvertent) and hard work he has contributed as Admin, mod, game poster etc and bad luck charm for the Furies.

I've received 1 PM already in addition to nominations that I'm carrying over from KP's effort that didnt get up. :)

Edit: Those who have been nominated

Sausageroll
Headless
Brahj
Spookism
Ant Bear
Tony Lynn
Koh Phi

Getting tagged in a Hall of Fame discussion, I'm going to assume I've already been nominated again? If not, I will officially nominate myself. You all know what I've done.

I've received 1 PM already in addition to nominations that I'm carrying over from KP's effort that didnt get up. :)

Edit: Those who have been nominated

Sausageroll
Headless
Brahj
Spookism
Ant Bear
Tony Lynn
Koh Phi

I'll put money on the Boys Club members being the selections.

Apologies for the others not being considered on that list.

I'll put money on the Boys Club members being the selections.

Apologies for the others not being considered on that list.
2 questions.

1. How much money?
2. Who are the boys clubs members on the list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Back