Hamish McLachlan

Remove this Banner Ad

Never heard of him!

Must be on Seven as I don't lower myself to watch that network - when I hear that they do sport properly then I might consider watching something of theirs.

You can just imagine him with a sweater tied over his shoulders, twirling a tennis racquet in his hands and sitting around an English garden.

Strikes me as the stereotypical private school boy who is very reliant on his networks.

Nothing against private schools, I went to one myself. McLachlan just seems the stereotype.

Does this mean that Triple M are going to have a Sunday team led by a guy who has never called a game before (mclaughlin) and a guy who is probably their weakest caller (wayne schwass). I'm surprised they let BT go if this was going to be the replacement.:thumbsdown:

Hey McLachlan may be complete rubbish (never heard him do anything before) but Schwass is decent enough.

hope htis is false, the guy (from what i can tell) has NFI. i watched that Sunday Panel show on ch7 a few time. and his host skills were so amaturish is was not funny, and the "seasons best....:" i am still getting counselling to over come that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now commentating on Triple MMM.
I heard him on Saturday night. Cringe-worthy.

Kept saying how much he loved Ablett (literally, in those words). Calling him my man, etc.

Just came across as a poor man's James Brayshaw. Make of that what you will.

Latest update:
Commentated on the NAB Cup GF and spent the last five minutes of the match interviewing his brother, reminding listeners literally every 30 seconds that we were "Hearing the voice of Gillon McLachlan, the second most powerful man in the AFL."

Well, you scratch my back...

Also on Hamish, why is he constantly getting his mug in the social pages of the paper? Wannabe socialite if ever I've seen one.

Have seen very little of him, only snippets from his panel show on sunday and his interview with Cuz at the GF. All i can say is i am glad i dont have to decide not to listen to him.

The man is a tool

Now commentating on Triple MMM.
I heard him on Saturday night. Cringe-worthy.

Kept saying how much he loved Ablett (literally, in those words). Calling him my man, etc.

Just came across as a poor man's James Brayshaw. Make of that what you will.

Yikes - that would make him one of the biggest "half-back flankers' going around. You don't get much smarmier, condescending or full of it than him (well, him and Dermott Brereton).

Apparently tipped to replace BT on MMM's Sunday Football coverage.
You blokes are unreal! McLachlan is a gun. Ratings have gone from 90,000 to 220,000 in a year. Not sure what you lot are smoking but Game Day is a welcome relief from the usual tripe served up on channel 9 with blokes trying to belittle each other with childish humour the excuse. Credit where it's due. Why does it rile you so much that a bloke is out there having a crack? Should we all be sitting at home infront of a screen taking potshots at anyone who pops their head up? Give Game Day and McLachlan a go and surprise yourselves.

You blokes are unreal! McLachlan is a gun. Ratings have gone from 90,000 to 220,000 in a year. Not sure what you lot are smoking but Game Day is a welcome relief from the usual tripe served up on channel 9 with blokes trying to belittle each other with childish humour the excuse. Credit where it's due. Why does it rile you so much that a bloke is out there having a crack? Should we all be sitting at home infront of a screen taking potshots at anyone who pops their head up? Give Game Day and McLachlan a go and surprise yourselves.

Hi Hamish good to see you on Big Footy!;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish McLachlan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back