Hansen-perception

Remove this Banner Ad

On a more "Fagalah" note, he looks a lot "happier" in the side as well.

He always seemed a bit unsure of his surroundings and team mates I thought, but he's really starting to show he belongs at North now.

Coming to grips with the pace of the game atm but once he fills out he will have the confidence in his body to take on the the bigger key position jobs, big grabs, break tackles as well as run around using his tank.

In case you haven't noticed North are starting to give other teams the sh*ts from our backline!

Firrito is causing real damage recently in his role plugging holes deep and sharking the ball around half back and the middle of the ground. Like some of his monster handballs to the wing.

Harding is kicking goals from half back on a guy like Aker or running off Judd in the middle.

Boomer and Harding are running from the back of the square at centre bounces. Wells sometimes running from half back.

And this without Drew back there atm. And no Jesse Smith.

^^^^^^

Shagger you are indeed all class haha. Noticed that. Firrito has really stepped up the last couple of weeks, has got that massive ego of his back, which has been missing this year, I think he is really relishing the chance to run around midfield again.

Hale is also looking like a man possessed. I don't think he is going anywhere, he's a North boy through and through now, and it's amazing what some confidence can do! We are going to be ridiculously good in the talls department by about next July.

Hansen is starting to really look like he belongs. Is having some fun out there and I'm getting the impression he's starting to enjoy being a Shinboner. :thumbsu:

I don't think people are giving him enough credit re: decision making. Has improved ten fold and is taking marks, spinning around quickly and finding an option. 3 or 4 times yesterday he lead to space, grabbed the mark for the following player to do the same which left us with ridiculous amounts of space to run through half back.

Shifter Sheehan said he was the safest bet to be a superstar from the 06 draft, including Selwood and Gibbs, I think he is becoming a bigger proposition for opposition coaches by the week. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

He will be a gun!

Sure he struggled in his first few games with the tempo, However for a kid in his first 10 games the signs are very positive:thumbsu:

I agree, Is it just me or can anyone else see a comparison to Drew at the same time of his career, Drew was fumbly unsure a shocking kick, now look at him, he's on the couch???

I was always taught "it's not how you fall to the canvas it's how you get up".... Lachie return after the drop was excellent

Yeah but if we put him in the back line, the position he played as a junior, the position we drafted him as, then how are we going to fill Big Footy threads with the tiresome complaint that we lack a class key defender? Unless of course, we draft a key forward and turn him into a defender. And while we're at it, I hear there's a lightning quick midget in this year's batch who is a monty for first ruck. :rolleyes:

I don't understand this post. I think you're having a crack, but Im not sure.

I'm never sure with you pharro, to be honest.

Just with some of his errors, I reckon he just gets lazy, which is understandable given he is probably used to roaming around doing what he liked with Gippsland in the 18s.

Many kids would have dropped their heads after dropping a sitter and costing a goal like he did in the first too, but he played a ripper after that. Great signs, loved the mark against Waite.

Just with some of his errors, I reckon he just gets lazy, which is understandable given he is probably used to roaming around doing what he liked with Gippsland in the 18s.

Many kids would have dropped their heads after dropping a sitter and costing a goal like he did in the first too, but he played a ripper after that. Great signs, loved the mark against Waite.

Waite was shocked wasn't he? And that goal after the benching was highlighted on On the Couch. He was given praise for having the guts to present after making a bad blue and the skill to kick the goal.

What pleased me against the Blues was that Hansen was on hands and knees wrestling for the footy a couple of times. Good sign that he is becoming more desperate to be involved.

Waite was shocked wasn't he? And that goal after the benching was highlighted on On the Couch. He was given praise for having the guts to present after making a bad blue and the skill to kick the goal.

What pleased me against the Blues was that Hansen was on hands and knees wrestling for the footy a couple of times. Good sign that he is becoming more desperate to be involved.

We'll make a shinboner out of him yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hansen-perception

Remove this Banner Ad

Back