Zeke

Brownlow Medallist
May 30, 2003
40º South
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bulls
Having a bit of a discussion with a Carlton supporting mate who insists Marc Murphy is the softest captain in the league.

Wondering what you punters think. Which skipper is least likely to take a hit or put his body on the line for his side?

Conversely, who's the hardest?

Soft as butter
1 - Van Berlo
2 - Nick Maxwell
3 - Marc Murphy

Hard of steel
1 - Jobe Watson
2 - Andrew Swallow
3 - Matthew Boyd

Pretty hard to split Brown and Selwood, but, deducting points from Selwood for raising his arms in every tackle, and bitching to the umpires when they don't pay it as a high tackle, i'd say Brown.

Softest, clearly, Nick Maxwell. Hands. Down.

There's a lot of hard captains, hard one to figure out but I'd say Jarrad McVeigh and Kieren Jack.

In column B, Matthew Boyd.

I haven't seen Maxwell pull out of a contest before, i certainly wouldn't call him soft.

Maybe that's just me.

Soft as butter
1 - Van Berlo
2 - Nick Maxwell
3 - Marc Murphy

Hard of steel
1 - Jobe Watson
2 - Andrew Swallow
3 - Matthew Boyd

Watson goes okay, but some of the efforts Maxwell made yesterday were hader. I remember Watson squibbed a contest and Dunstall got them to rewind the tape so they could have a look at it again. Didn't see Maxwell pull out of any contests.

There's a lot of hard captains, hard one to figure out but I'd say Jarrad McVeigh and Kieren Jack.

In column B, Matthew Boyd.

lol not sure if serious, Keiran Jack would be close to the hardest in the comp, Jarad McVeigh the softest.

I'm not that fussed that people are nominating Maxwell as softest, I'm no apologist, but I do find it a bit weird. His capacity to throw himself at a contest is one of his few positive attributes, IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Van Berlo might be the shittest captain, but I wouldn't say the softest. Gave it to Joel Selwood a few weeks ago.

Softest would be Swallow or Trengove.

I wouldn't say Maxwell is soft. An ordinary player, but not soft.

I don't think any of the captains in the AFL are particularly soft. If I had to pick one I'd probably nominate Pavlich. He's far from a squib, he's just less of a kamikaze than guys like Selwood, Brown and Hodge.

Lol people calling Maxwell soft. Clearly dont watch many Collingwood games.
He picks his targets, cant forget a late bump he did against a kid in a pre season match, serious soft **** he is. Even when he speaks he sounds like a douche.

Maxwell soft? I can't agree with that.

It's Murphy. Nobody even close. The next hard ball he gets will be the first. Doesn't help that when he did actually go in, he ended up with a broken bone. (Dangerfield I think?)

You've never had a captain as hard as Kirk or Paul Kelly.. even figjam was soft as butter

masters-golf-132-390x516.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back