Injury Hargrave Out Until Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope Shaggy can make a speedy recovery. Would be a real shame if this was the end of him, he's such a versitile player and a good clubman.

Who replaces him? Wood, Sherman. Perhaps this is Barlow's opportunity?

I would assume Wood and Sherman will both be in the team already.
How about Howard? Would he be close to match ready yet? Maybe give him a crack. He seems to be the player who is going to replace Hargrave whenever he retires anyway. Half back with great kicking skills. I dont see why we wouldn't at least try him once.

From what I gather Howard is being groomed as Gilbee's replacement.

Is round 7 long enough for us to put Shaggy on the long term injury list?

We could elevate Barlow to cover for him.

Will mean that Gilbee will be playing as permanent back and not rotating forward/wing like previous year and maybe someone like Murphy needs to take more kickins.

Round 7 doesn't mean much - remember Johnno's injury? and Westy's? They would give an estimate, and it then got extended further and further. It's a bit of a worry. I think of Geelong's Michael Egan - his "short-term" foot injury turned into a season, and then, that was the end of him.

Good luck, Shaggy.

Hope he gets as much time as he needs (unlike some players last year).

If he comes back too early it does the club no good and it's even worse for the player. If that means not until round 13, 14 or 15, so be it.

I suspect he will. He's certainly not easy to replace given his role and versatility, however, as opposed to someone like Lake, he's not irreplacable and I think whoever gets the role for the first part of the season will get close to what Hargrave offers.

In fact, my main concern about Hargrave missing is that he was often taking kick ins and changing over that duty can sometimes lead to problems.

Hope Shaggy can make a speedy recovery. Would be a real shame if this was the end of him, he's such a versitile player and a good clubman.

Who replaces him? Wood, Sherman. Perhaps this is Barlow's opportunity?

Barlow is the right height to play that third tall defender role but some posts on here indicate he might not fit the bill in other areas. Maybe Lake morris and Williams do the tall defender roles and Wood, gilbee and Murphy the others. I prefer Murphy up forward (not as CHF) so maybe Addison or, if he is ready, Howard gets a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back