Traded Harley Bennell [traded with #22 to Fremantle for #16 and #35]

Remove this Banner Ad

TBF its only a handful of posters having a cry, most recognise the trade for what it is.

Little risk vs potentially great reward

Their footy manager has just had a public sook about Bennell not showing enough "respect".

Their coach publicly sooked about the Cunnington non-decision in the Elim Final despite the fact they got their first four goals from frees. They even showed a replay of the incident at their B+F and had a massive collective sook about it. Weeks after it happened.

They went hard for Treloar and didn't get him and didn't get Bennell either and are now sooking. FFS, it is the way that it goes. Bennell wants to go back to WA. This kind of thing has happened before.

Their footy manager has just had a public sook about Bennell not showing enough "respect".

Their coach publicly sooked about the Cunnington non-decision in the Elim Final despite the fact they got their first four goals from frees. They even showed a replay of the incident at their B+F and had a massive collective sook about it. Weeks after it happened.

They went hard for Treloar and didn't get him and didn't get Bennell either and are now sooking. FFS, it is the way that it goes. Bennell wants to go back to WA. This kind of thing has happened before.

To be fair we sook a bit about missing out on key forwards.

Didn't they sook about Treloar too? And I never recall Freo being as sooky la la as this.

The only time I remember being bitter was Mitch Clarke..... But that turned out well. We have a had a decent crack at a lot of players.

Travis Cloke we put a big offer to, but he is an old fashioned footballer who believes in loyalty and being a one club player ect.

I'm pretty stoked that we have Bennell. I would have been livid if we had given up a proper first rounder for him as is a high risk.

But the potential reward has me salivating.

You guys just bought C.Sylvia Mark II,congrats.
You are correct to a degree...

The problem is Bennell is still injured which sucks. Again at least Freo didn't trade the farm for him like des Headland and Josh Carr. But here was the breake down....

Yeah we traded picks 16 and 34 for Bennell and pick 22. Pick 22 was Darcy Tucker. Freo also wanted pick 34 back. They got it and traded their 2016 2nd rounder which ended up as pick 21, at the time might sound stupid. We also traded pick 61 for 55 to even that trade out too. Now that pick 34 ended up being Harley Balic, We used pick 55 on Sam Collins.

Bennell is with freo until 2018. Even if Bennell doesn't play a game for us, At least freo wont leave the Suns trade(s) empty handed. Darcy Tucker is a quick half back flanker/Outside mid, Balic is an inside mid. Sam Collins is a mature aged defender who will take Zac Dawsons spot.

To me this Bennell trade was a medium risk, medium reward trade.

Its way better than trading picks 3 and 19 for des headland in 2002 or trading picks 11,27 and 43 for Josh carr in 2004. Those trades are equivalent of selling the farm

I miss Freo magic beans trades.
I am sure you did. A darn pity those idiots that did those stupid trades from 1994-2006 are not in my club any more. It was bad constantly trading 1st round picks for crap every year. Then come the rule where you can now trade future 1st round picks

I shudder to think if you were allowed to trade future 1st rounders back in that 1994-2006 period.

I am sure you did. A darn pity those idiots that did those stupid trades from 1994-2006 are not in my club any more. It was bad constantly trading 1st round picks for crap every year. Then come the rule where you can now trade future 1st round picks

I shudder to think if you were allowed to trade future 1st rounders back in that 1994-2006 period.
Cameron Schwab would have seen us stuffed for years. Seemed like a snake oil salesman to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Harley Bennell [traded with #22 to Fremantle for #16 and #35]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back