Speculation Harley Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Just ask Lingy, the guy who bought that pub for a dollar. I think it was a $4.5m loss he made in the end and had to sell family home.
Yeah, I was going to bring that up also but didn't know the entire story.

Current/Ex-AFL players going into pubs is a recipe for disaster. An exception would be Elliott Yeo, his father Craig(R.I.P) was a long-time publican who ran his venue.

I remember an ex-player bought a busy venue in Launceston back in the late 90s(can't remember the player). Really nice guy but had NFI how to run a venue and had to sell less than a year later.

Margins are pretty thin in the hospitality industry and there's heaps of competition, so you need to have a great deal of experience to be successful.

Just buy property instead, if you have the money.

Current/Ex-AFL players going into pubs is a recipe for disaster. An exception would be Elliott Yeo, his father Craig(R.I.P) was a long-time publican who ran his venue.

I remember an ex-player bought a busy venue in Launceston back in the late 90s(can't remember the player). Really nice guy but had NFI how to run a venue and had to sell less than a year later.

Margins are pretty thin in the hospitality industry and there's heaps of competition, so you need to have a great deal of experience to be successful.

Yeah Riccuto did well but outside that I don't think there's too many successes.

People I don't think realise how competitive hospitality can be

Yeah Riccuto did well but outside that I don't think there's too many successes.

People I don't think realise how competitive hospitality can be
Yep, I worked in the industry for 20 years(last 10 as a manager) before switching to IT during Covid.

No way would i ever consider starting a hospitality business, unless I was rich and it was a pet project.

Yep, I worked in the industry for 20 years(last 10 as a manager) before switching to IT during Covid.

No way would i ever consider starting a hospitality business, unless I was rich and it was a pet project.
Only worked in a pub during uni. It was a pretty successful one but even then I remember being told some of the margins on some of the higher turnover and I was just shocked. Like "why are we selling this?!"

Sloane and roo are all in the pub game and doing well and from memory tredrea is as well and doing well

Only worked in a pub during uni. It was a pretty successful one but even then I remember being told some of the margins on some of the higher turnover and I was just shocked. Like "why are we selling this?!"

Yeah, you sell some stuff at thin margins to entice people to buy other things on a much higher margin, or to bring them in to blow their money on gaming.

My last role was in fine-dining and we'd be lucky to make a gross profit of around $1k per month, after everything.

This was at a winery though. Main business was wine sales and the company itself actually ran a highly successful printing business, so the winery and hospitality side was more a passion project than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to be the best of threads.
Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

This is another reason why Free agency should go down from 8 years to 6 years or even 5 years.

Money has some things to do with it.

But If free agency was 6 years, it would be easier for Harley reid and his maager or agent to get a 3 year extension at $800,000 to $1,000,000 a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back