Harry O'Brien - self important w***er

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if 7 will do a half time story covering his antics on a pre-season trip to Arizona a few years back.

The Pies went to the US for a training camp, some shit to do with thinner air, anyway during the course of the trip Harry decided he's pick up some tail at a local College.

Lo and behold Harry being the dashing chap that he is did pick up, went back to a dorm room and did the deed. He also filmed himself doing the deed.

So he had a great time, over the next couple of days he found out the girl he ploughed was a visiting sister of one of the girls on campus, she lied about her age.

Kept it quiet until they got back to Victoria, management found out and a senior official flew back to the States with him to track down the girl and I quote seek, obtain or destroy the video tape.

Eventually Harry O and his handler found the girl, obtained the tape, signed a cheque and put it under general admin expenses.

Reckon that will get a run?
If this story is true, Harry O what a legend :thumbsu:

The dude should just stick to the Rio Mardi Gras with the rest of the transgender freaks. He might be more at home there or then again maybe he'd be more at home at Collingwood.

Fully agree with your post.

While im here Plug, what do you think of my new sig? Bit of alright hey.

If this story is true, Harry O what a legend :thumbsu:

Why the **** would I make it up?

Thought it was the most hilarious thing I'd ever heard when I was told, poor boy was literally shitting bricks thought he's lose his contract.

Was scared to tell the top dog.

Makes me laugh when he talks about finding himself, and how if it comes from love it cant be rejected.

Neither can dollars :thumbsu:

Why the **** would I make it up?

Thought it was the most hilarious thing I'd ever heard when I was told, poor boy was literally shitting bricks thought he's lose his contract.

Was scared to tell the top dog.

Makes me laugh when he talks about finding himself, and how if it comes from love it cant be rejected.

Neither can dollars :thumbsu:

And your point is..... ?

Doesn't care if his opponent kicks ten.... cos he's got a gun fetish. Point one at him at training?
All that love stuff is clearly high-babble ("insight").
Pretty big warning signs really.

I don't mind Harry O, he's come a long way in footy terms, it's just a shame he plays for a filthy scumbag club, I honestly thought Milne almost has the better of him last night despite not kicking many

Good player, but you can be assured of his w***er status by the constant relating of everything he does to Jebus. No one cares, ********.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I am wrong but a young man who wants to learn and experience the world qualifies his own personal standings and life philosophies, the media picks up on that and chooses to write/air stories on him and he's a tosser or a w***er or a self serving egotistical prick?

Nobody is perfect but atleast Harry O'Brien has the intestinal fortitude to support his opinions in public forums be it through social media, journalism or through his personal actions.

The anonymity of one's forum personality sure is a sobering thought for some of you righteous types.

Correct me if I am wrong but a young man who wants to learn and experience the world qualifies his own personal standings and life philosophies, the media picks up on that and chooses to write/air stories on him and he's a tosser or a w***er or a self serving egotistical prick?

Nobody is perfect but atleast Harry O'Brien has the intestinal fortitude to support his opinions in public forums be it through social media, journalism or through his personal actions.

The anonymity of one's forum personality sure is a sobering thought for some of you righteous types.

Your wrong.
You obviously didnt see the interview because if you did you would agree that he was promoting himself as being some kind of martyr.

Your wrong.
You obviously didnt see the interview because if you did you would agree that he was promoting himself as being some kind of martyr.

Sums it up well. When I first heard him interviewed on radio last year, I was impressed that he was a footballer that wasn't a meathead, and had a taste for the more exotic things of life.
But as one poster pointed out at the start of this thread, how many times do we need to hear his story? He's continually promoting himself, overplaying the situation, and his very thin veil of self modesty makes him look an even greater tosser.
A quote comes to mind: "If you want others to think highly of you, be sure not to speak highly of yourself."

they were actuallt gonna show the nathan bock 'story' but when they asked him 'why do you keep beating your wife' and his answer was' cos i'm heavier, got better reach and good foot work' they deemed it inappropriate for the timeslot

lol, but he copped his punishment didn't he, suspended for 1 training session and a sausage sizzle at gummy's place

I watched O'Brien's interview about him going to Rio. I couldn't help but feel slightly ill at his performance.

His interview was full of cliches and comments that smacked of self-importance.

He claimed that kids in Rio dont go to sleep to the sound of their parents singing but rather to the sound of Ak47s. PLease Harry, lets not overplay things.

He then went and told a story of how he heroically went on the train despite warnings, saying "I am not a tourist". Result: he got mugged, well done Harold you courageous man.

He then went on to say that he wouldnt care if his opponent kicked 10 goals of him after seeing the problems in Rio. What a noble sentiment but clearly bull shit. Definately dont tell Mick this.

The whole interview was full of cliched images and videos ranging from him playing the tamborine looking like a rastafarian and photos with a child holding an assault rifle./QUOTE]

I caught part of the interview and he may have overplayed it but he didnt overstate what Rio is like,I will hazard a guess you havent been there.I have and it is just like that when you head into the slums.If you are stupid and dont heed warnings you will end up face down in the gutter.obviously it opened his eyes and to the opportunities he has been given in life and if that comes as a revelation to him to be a better person then thats a good thing.What I understood from it was he was going back to see relatives and get in touch with his roots.Whats wrong with that?
As for the part about public transport that is common knowledge their not to ride it at certain times.i have ridden it when i couldnt find a taxi but not something I would make a habit of.Maybe he thought he could pull it off because he is brazilian,wrong.They dont dont care they just want cash.Thre is nothing courageous about it and I dont think he was trying to come across that way,just that he wanted to get around like a local.I think maybe the essence of what he was trying to say was lost on you but that doesnt surprise by some of the other comments here.Maybe some of you need to get out or living rooms and away from the telly for a bit.

I watched O'Brien's interview about him going to Rio. I couldn't help but feel slightly ill at his performance.
Change the channel
His interview was full of cliches and comments that smacked of self-importance.
It's his interview and I reckon the experience humbled him
He claimed that kids in Rio dont go to sleep to the sound of their parents singing but rather to the sound of Ak47s. PLease Harry, lets not overplay things.
..and you'd be an expert you erudite, well travelled humanitarian?
He then went and told a story of how he heroically went on the train despite warnings, saying "I am not a tourist". Result: he got mugged, well done Harold you courageous man.
..and this affects your life how?
He then went on to say that he wouldnt care if his opponent kicked 10 goals of him after seeing the problems in Rio. What a noble sentiment but clearly bull shit. Definately dont tell Mick this.
now that's a worry!
The whole interview was full of cliched images and videos ranging from him playing the tamborine looking like a rastafarian and photos with a child holding an assault rifle.
sorry, perhaps next time he should consult you as to what is appropriate.

You really need something to worry about (wan)king mallee.

I guess your ideal bloke is a neanderthal standing around a barbecue, one hand in pocket, the other holding a "VB" (and thinking it's beer) giving his inane opinion on things he knows little about that are of no importance anyway (eg V8s). Oh, and refers to his wife/partner as "the missus".

Yep, reckon I've nailed it.

I've been worried for some time about just how far Harry is willing to go with his road to enlightenment. It's okay to want to be a deep thinker and show people that you care. However some of the stuff as the OP pointed out was down right stupid to say.

Harry O'Brien needs to get over Harry O'Brien.

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry O'Brien - self important w***er

Remove this Banner Ad

Back