Harry O'Brien - self important w***er

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been worried for some time about just how far Harry is willing to go with his road to enlightenment. It's okay to want to be a deep thinker and show people that you care. However some of the stuff as the OP pointed out was down right stupid to say.

Harry O'Brien needs to get over Harry O'Brien.

Never held Kevin Sheedy back :thumbsu:

Never in the field of football interviews was so much said by one player for so little sense.

If Harry O'Brien is what passes as a football intellectual, no wonder the bulk of the population believe the majority of footballers are brain dead morons.

I wonder if 7 will do a half time story covering his antics on a pre-season trip to Arizona a few years back.

The Pies went to the US for a training camp, some shit to do with thinner air, anyway during the course of the trip Harry decided he's pick up some tail at a local College.

Lo and behold Harry being the dashing chap that he is did pick up, went back to a dorm room and did the deed. He also filmed himself doing the deed.

So he had a great time, over the next couple of days he found out the girl he ploughed was a visiting sister of one of the girls on campus, she lied about her age.

Kept it quiet until they got back to Victoria, management found out and a senior official flew back to the States with him to track down the girl and I quote seek, obtain or destroy the video tape.

Eventually Harry O and his handler found the girl, obtained the tape, signed a cheque and put it under general admin expenses.

Reckon that will get a run?

Big Footy ever heard of defamation?
Wont take long for this crap rumour to surface on SEN..

Perhaps the AFL could check Harry O's immigration records and see if he left the country to the USA a second time with a time frame of a couple of months.

sounds like a BS made up rumour.

Just googled his website to see what all the fuss was about, and saw this complete and utter puke.

The other day I came out of mediation and this message came to my thoughts. I hope it makes sense as I feel the need to share.

A bus is our vehicle on the highway of life. There are many roads attached to the highway each with its very own bus stop. You can either ‘play it safe’ and sit on the bus for the entire journey like a lot of ‘passengers’ or you can make a decision with pure intention and choose your own journey regardless of whether anyone else gets off on that stop.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone! My intuition has told me to share…so share I did!

Live for hope

Harry O

cringeworthy....

Harry O reminds me of a Melbourne Uni arts student running around trying to sound SMRT.

I have no real problem with him doing what he does, at the end of the day he is young, encouraged by legions of fans, and would have plenty of smoke blown up his ass. He isn't as clever as he thinks he is, but with everyone telling you how clever you are, it would be easy to buy, and as such I guess his self promoting is to be expected.

What IS of concern is the people that hear what he has to say and think he is some form of prophet/genius.

He is reasonably well read and likes to speak about emotions and spirituality and quote things and stuff, you know, fairy floss intelligence. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows some French words.

He sure can play though.

Not sure what is allowed to be said on here, seems a wild story was left up before so maybe that kind of thing is allowed... All I'll say is that many years ago, while he was on the rookie list, I shared with him some substances that can tend to make a brain go a bit philosophical, so I'm not surprised one bit when I hear his pixie land talk.

Look, I have always said that I hated the day James Gwilts dad ploughed Heretier O'Briens Mum.
This guy has become one of those yank type scientoligist flog types that listen to too many Anthony Robbins tapes.
He also happens to run like some sort of unco high hopping gazelle that cant decide whether or not to look up at Mick after he has done something good.
Good on you Heretier I am very certain someone in Brazil has found your compassion very overwhelming.
On second thoughts....NO... you are a FLOG Master. In the highest:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"A self important w***er". How accurate and concise. There are a few AFL players who love themselves (Kyle Reimers comes to mind) but this uber tool takes the cake.

The interview was merely cheesy and bad until his final soliloquy which went something like this:

"What I have learnt from all my travels, is that if you approach life with a pure heart and love then love can not be denied"

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who does this kid think he is, some worldy ****ing guru, wise enough to impart some form of mantra onto the idiodic masses.

Newsflash Harry, you are a footballer, not some sort of poetic philanthropic hero of the underprivilaged.

I felt physically sickened after that speach, he was clearly just drivveling rubbish to try and sound empathetic and smart. Disgusting.

Just had a laugh about the Pope of Pomposity with a work colleague. His comment; "Harry's head is so far up his own arse he may need surgery."

Actually this forum is better than the comdey festival. Just had a great chuckle reading a Collingwood fan with a Daisy Thomas avatar suggesting that St Kilda should harden up - now that is comedy gold.:D:D

Actually this forum is better than the comdey festival. Just had a great chuckle reading a Collingwood fan with a Daisy Thomas avatar suggesting that St Kilda should harden up - now that is comedy gold.:D:D

Oh god, another bigfooty flog regurgitating what he reads in bay 13 and mistaking it for a valid opinion on a player.

I'm not just a defensive Collingwood supporter, I call a spade a spade (read my post above), but Daisy is far from soft, and anyone that says otherwise is a) a mindless sheep or b) trolling.

Oh god, another bigfooty flog regurgitating what he reads in bay 13 and mistaking it for a valid opinion on a player.

I'm not just a defensive Collingwood supporter, I call a spade a spade (read my post above), but Daisy is far from soft, and anyone that says otherwise is a) a mindless sheep or b) trolling.

You call a spade a spade but evidently you don't call a squib a squib.

Marshmallow > Dale Thomas

If Trengove is God, why doesn't he heal Jim Stynes??

Because he's not :thumbsu:

Just when you thought the scum couldn't get any lower... :thumbsdown:

Perhaps we should consider some of Harry's own words of wisdom:

''I personally will always try to make sure the people around me are positive. If the people you hang around seem to always drag you down then you should really re-consider whether or it is worth being around them.''

''I find myself being an observer of time and space while I watch life pass me by''

''Thinking chair:
I have a really nice French Regal chair which I bought and call my ‘thinking’ chair. I have tried to emulate Albert Einstein who had a ‘thinking’ chair where he would go to a designated spot and simply think with the genius mind he had. I like to read on this chair and I have an exercise book called the ‘ideas’ book which I like to jot down any ideas I may have. I like to write poetry, draw sketches and write essays inside this book. I believe everyone would benefit from having something like this. Sometimes I just descriptively write about the future I desire to have as though I am already living it.''

Hmm...

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry O'Brien - self important w***er

Remove this Banner Ad

Back