Unrestricted Free Agent Harry Perryman [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Look trust me I don't want my club going it, but watch Chad Warner get 6-7 plus years next year at either one of our clubs.
Maybe hypocritical of me but Chad is on a slightly different level to Perryman and touch wood, doesnt have the injury history Perryman has

Maybe hypocritical of me but Chad is on a slightly different level to Perryman and touch wood, doesnt have the injury history Perryman has

Quite possibly by his figjam is on another level lol (hey I can admit that and he plays for us!)

Yeah but Chad Warner is a top 10-20 player in the comp

Perryman is maybe.... 200-250th

Whilst true the contract will still be there, people said the same about Oliver. These contracts will be part and parcel of footy within a few years

Team salary caps are increasing exponentially over the next 2 years and teams have to spend the money. The cap is increasing from $15m in 2023 to $18.5m in 2027 and when you have a young list like Hawthorn you have to find players that you can pay otherwise risk penalties for not reaching the salary floor. I think we all trust our list management team to front end the right players and leave room for our best performers increases in the years ahead.

If your interested in some perspective around player salaries, take a read of this AFL 2024: Million dollar player salaries

Good player and as others have said a utility.Courageous as and when it turns into a bit of a slog or we aren't playing well he is often one of our better players.Decision making and skills are good.

While he isn't super quick he doesn't get found out often.Has good footy iq. I want to keep him but yeah at what cost..Stone is playing similar role well in in reserves now.Fonti coming through as well..Kingsley loves pace so I can't see us overpaying.Also might depend on whether Cummings re signs..Would 850 x 6 get Giants band 1? If we get snag another top level mid from draft or trade that would also change things..Same with Peatling contract situation.
Interesting side note his old man sits near me at games..Easy to spot wears 36 jumper on his back..Passionate as for Giants and comes to all the games.

Good player and as others have said a utility.Courageous as and when it turns into a bit of a slog or we aren't playing well he is often one of our better players.Decision making and skills are good.

While he isn't super quick he doesn't get found out often.Has good footy iq. I want to keep him but yeah at what cost..Stone is playing similar role well in in reserves now.Fonti coming through as well..Kingsley loves pace so I can't see us overpaying.Also might depend on whether Cummings re signs..Would 850 x 6 get Giants band 1? If we get snag another top level mid from draft or trade that would also change things..Same with Peatling contract situation.
Interesting side note his old man sits near me at games..Easy to spot wears 36 jumper on his back..Passionate as for Giants and comes to all the games.

5 times 1 mil will also do, max cap is at 5 years, new rule change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No posts for 3 weeks in this thread is a bit of a surprise for a guy who is supposedly commanding 6 year offers at 750ish per season.

Staying?
Heading to Port?

Surely with Barrass and Battle both higher priorities for the Hawks, it’s Port or GWS for Perryman in 2025 I would’ve thought.

No posts for 3 weeks in this thread is a bit of a surprise for a guy who is supposedly commanding 6 year offers at 750ish per season.

Staying?
Heading to Port?

Surely with Barrass and Battle both higher priorities for the Hawks, it’s Port or GWS for Perryman in 2025 I would’ve thought.
Do Port even want him now that Houston is staying?

Yes Port have chased him for years
Plus I don't think he was targeted to replace Houston (and I still think the Houston stuff isn't done, more to play out after finals). I think Perryman was targeted to either replace Bergman so Bergman can go in the middle or Perryman himself can. That would let Rozee/JHF spend more time up forward

Staying?
Heading to Port?

We are still very much in the hunt .

While there was no actual rule but mackay compo should suffice to see the bench mark for band 1.
That was manipulated by the AFL to gift you pick 3. The McKay's of this world should never attract Band 1 compo. In fact no compo should ever be a single figure, Band 1 should be pick 11 at the highest

That was manipulated by the AFL to gift you pick 3. The McKay's of this world should never attract Band 1 compo. In fact no compo should ever be a single figure, Band 1 should be pick 11 at the highest
Yes, I'd agree with that approach. The non-finalists aren't impacted by any FAs, the finalists are - but can deal with that impact better. The order from #11 upwards can be determined by reverse ladder order, so again the least benefit accrues to the better performing teams. That would be more palatable than the current situation. Wouldn't necessarily stop VFL House's "fixing", but more palatable at least.

I’m not entirely sure he’s a pressing need for Hawthorn myself. Would he be guaranteed a spot in Hawthorn’s 23? Who’s spot would he take? I’m not saying he’s not currently better than a few, but when you consider the ongoing need for development of some of the younger guys, I just think whatever marginal improvement he may represent now
takes away from that development, from the bigger picture. Sure, he’d add competition and continue to put pressure on guys to perform, that’s not nothing. Just think there are other ways of adding that without spending top dollar on a free agent.

Yeah the rules are dumb. Teams should never be incentivised to lose players to FA.

If compensation picks must be awarded they should start after the first round

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Harry Perryman [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back