Hart for England

Remove this Banner Ad

Hart's had a very good month or two Moomba, I don't deny that.

But it's still only a month or two, he needs to do it for a whole season before he deserves a callup IMHO. And he's only played around 10 games this season right?

Green's had a good consistent season, with the occasional blunder (e.g the goal against Tottenham), but I would say he's more deserving of a callup than Joe Hart at this stage.

neither green, hart or carson deserve a spot in englands squad, even as a reserve keeper.

hart has been consistent, nothing flashy, nothing good, and thats it.
green has been decent with some howlers to throw in.
carson, i think he made his case why he shouldn't be selected against croatia...

robinson will be in the squad, but he needs to sharpen up.
if almunia is available, why not this guy? he has been top3 in the premier league so far this season, equal with reina and cech.
sure i am biased, but he is a much more reliable option than carson, hart or green. Has been far more consistent, and hasn't put in a howler of a display yet to date, and every performance has been equal to his previous, or an improvement.

neither green, hart or carson deserve a spot in englands squad, even as a reserve keeper.

hart has been consistent, nothing flashy, nothing good, and thats it.
green has been decent with some howlers to throw in.
carson, i think he made his case why he shouldn't be selected against croatia...

robinson will be in the squad, but he needs to sharpen up.
if almunia is available, why not this guy? he has been top3 in the premier league so far this season, equal with reina and cech.
sure i am biased, but he is a much more reliable option than carson, hart or green. Has been far more consistent, and hasn't put in a howler of a display yet to date, and every performance has been equal to his previous, or an improvement.

Short memory?

Hart's had a very good month or two Moomba, I don't deny that.

But it's still only a month or two, he needs to do it for a whole season before he deserves a callup IMHO. And he's only played around 10 games this season right?

Green's had a good consistent season, with the occasional blunder (e.g the goal against Tottenham), but I would say he's more deserving of a callup than Joe Hart at this stage.

I don't actually think Hart should get a callup, just having a bit of fun at the end of a nightshift. To be honest I'm still not 100% convinced he's ready to be our number 1 if it does come down to a real chase for Europe places at the end of the season. Still he has had a good couple of weeks and the signs are promising that he will end up a very good keeper.

I'd say Capellos first squad will have James out and Green in, don't really know who the number 1 will be. At a guess I'd say Carson will get the chance to atone for Croatia. The NOTW piece said that the FA would flat out refuse Almunia making a squad and I think thats right. Not sure if he would merit a squad place anyway putting aside the whole nationality thing.

As for the NOTW piece, I think Agbonlahor is a nailed on cert for a squad place and probably will get his debut. Green will be in the squad as previously mentioned. Glen Johnson might get a backup job and it's a bit too early for Baines and Michael Johnson. Not sure why Osman got a guernsey, you'd think he'd be a fair way off contention.

I reckon Osman's actually been pretty bloody good this season, but whether that translates to an international place I'm not too sure.

Agbonlahor should be a certainty, as should Bentley.

A shame about Foster's knee too, as the England keeping job seems to be ripe for the picking at the moment, and he would have gotten a few games recently at United.

Thankfully selections aren't actually made on penalty saves, or Actim stats.

Just on the Actim service and other assorted stat formulae.

On the Baddiel & Skinner World Cup podcasts they had an anorak from a gambling website explaining how they come up with their odds and team/player form guides based on a number of statistical weights and measures.

Baddiel asked him 'and based on your charts is there anyone who should've made the England squad who didn't?' and the guy replied, "Ian Pearce of Fulham. According to our system he's the best performed defender of the past 2 seasons."

"Ian Pearce?..."

Ian Pearce is a superstar, if he was playing for England in Germany 06, England would be World Cup Champions right now, Ian Pearce would have won the World Player of the Year, he'd currently be captaining England (they would have qualified for the Euro 2008 Finals) and Ian Pearce would be representing one of the Big 4 at this stage.

Is Almunia available?
not sure, tho according to arsenal website a few weeks back he is...

I love the fact Embers considers Ronaldo's scuffed penalty as a save from Green.

Surely you just discount it? I hope you did Embers.
Embers is biased and thinks the entire west-ham squad deserves a call up, have a look at his england squad in the other thread :rolleyes:

I love the fact Embers considers Ronaldo's scuffed penalty as a save from Green.

Surely you just discount it? I hope you did Embers.

He was gonna save it anyway. He had it covered. The Penalty saving machine Green was all over that scuffed shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without wanting to stick up for a City player, I'm not entirely sure Hart did anything wrong on any of those goals.

Just on the Actim service and other assorted stat formulae.

On the Baddiel & Skinner World Cup podcasts they had an anorak from a gambling website explaining how they come up with their odds and team/player form guides based on a number of statistical weights and measures.

Baddiel asked him 'and based on your charts is there anyone who should've made the England squad who didn't?' and the guy replied, "Ian Pearce of Fulham. According to our system he's the best performed defender of the past 2 seasons."

"Ian Pearce?..."

Ha ha, the Times have done something similar. No Ian Pearce but Tom Huddlestone would be a bit of a surprise.

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/pdfs/football_eng_statistics0108.pdf

It's in PDF so can't c&p the article, but the team is.

Hart
G.Johnson R.Ferdinand Carragher A.Cole
Huddlestone Hargreaves
Gerrard Lampard Agbonlahor
Rooney

Hart gets a guernsey by virtue of the best saves to shots ratio in the top flight (83%) and a clean sheet ratio (5 in 10) in the top batch of prem keepers.

i'm quite sure that team would be smashed off the park, especially in the midfield.

and its a 4-2-3-1, not the 4-3-2-1 the times was preaching in their PDF.

Has been pretty good the last few weeks, and has probably outshone his biggest competitor (Green) for the third squad position in our three matches against West Ham.

It might depend on whether or not Capello wants a keeper ready to step in as number 1 if required, or he sees the 3rd keeper position as a development spot.

Either way, I think Hart will be looking pretty anxiously at the squad selection when it comes around.

Has been pretty good the last few weeks, and has probably outshone his biggest competitor (Green) for the third squad position in our three matches against West Ham.

It might depend on whether or not Capello wants a keeper ready to step in as number 1 if required, or he sees the 3rd keeper position as a development spot.

Either way, I think Hart will be looking pretty anxiously at the squad selection when it comes around.

Was impressed by Hart in the league match, made some important saves.

Would not be surprised to see Carson, Green and Hart be the 3 called up by England. Gives Capello some good options and a chance to see them all in training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hart for England

Remove this Banner Ad

Back