Hartung, Stewart and Willsmore(to be rookied, due to contract) all delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hawks have made their decision and Billy Hartung, Kade Stewart and Dallas Willsmore have been axed.
The Hawks will to offer re-draft Willsmore in the rookie draft with our list manager Graham Wright saying “Dallas got a taste of AFL footy this year and showed some good signs. We have committed to selecting him in the rookie draft next month,”
Will Hartung get picked back up? If he is it will be during the draft or the delisted free agency period. (Which starts on Wednesday)
We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Im all for letting go of hartung....but i wouldve kept him over ****ing willsmore....

Also stewart over willsmore.

Keeping heatherly is a meh. Dont rate and personally dont think he will ever be best 22

The Hawks have made their decision and Billy Hartung, Kade Stewart and Dallas Willsmore have been axed. The Hawks will throw one of the 3 a life line either during the draft or the delisted free agency period.
We'll have to wait and see.

Good decision. All 3 not good enough for senior football. Good VFL players like the greene's, Matthew Ball's and Tim clarke's back in the day.

Moving on Billy rather than Willsmore or Heatherly is mind-blowing to me. Not only is he young, he gives us something that only one other player at the club gives us and that is elite endurance. I must be seriously out of touch with Clarkson and Wright's vision of the list if this is how it is being shaped. Billy will be snapped up very quickly by a club as a DFA. I hope he doesn't come to bite us on the arse.

Moving on Billy rather than Willsmore or Heatherly is mind-blowing to me. Not only is he young, he gives us something that only one other player at the club gives us and that is elite endurance. I must be seriously out of touch with Clarkson and Wright's vision of the list if this is how it is being shaped. Billy will be snapped up very quickly by a club as a DFA. I hope he doesn't come to bite us on the arse.
It does seem crazy, I reckon he will get picked back up though.

It does seem crazy, I reckon he will get picked back up though.
Hartung had enough chances. His only positive attribute was that he was a good runner. He's soft, inconsistent and a horrific decision maker. O'rourke will hopefully replace him but he better pull his finger out next season or else he's gone at the end of 2018.

Absolutely mind boggling how O'Rourke and Heatherley get another bite of the cherry and Hartung and Stewart are moved on.
Incredible.... Billy will be picked up in an instant by another club.

How anyone is that surprised that Hartung got delisted baffles me. He had multiple opportunites and continuously showed glaring weaknesses. He had one trick which he never used. The real quality sides don't carry players like Hartung.

Stewart is VFL standard at most and Willsmore will never be AFL quality so I'd rather the club back in a younger rookie who has some potential.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

There is clearly something going on behind the scenes.

There's no way Billy would be de-listed on ability before Willsmore.....

This....

I don't know if it has something to do with Billy's attitude or behaviour (nothing like that is apparent from the outset) or it is something to do with the long term vision of the team build. There seems to be no consistency in the delistings (and re-listing to me though). I really hope Clarko is onto something and it's not another Vickery-gate.

I think I understand where the club would have come from in this decision. They know what they have with billy, he's had plenty of chances and has just shown to be a below average footballer.

Dallas hasn't had much of a run so I can see why the kept him incase he turns out to be something.

I hope Hartung gets another chance and proves us all wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely mind boggling how O'Rourke and Heatherley get another bite of the cherry and Hartung and Stewart are moved on.
Incredible.... Billy will be picked up in an instant by another club.
It really isn’t.

So are we lightest for inside or outside mids?

Spose it depends of omeara gets going

Lovell has said in the past he can play outside. He hasn't got the pace of Hartung - but he's a possibility if fit.

Hartungs fragile mind is not up to team sport let alone senior AFL football. Needs his hand held to be lead to the bathroom. Hawks must learn from selecting these type of people, first Dowler now Hartung.

Possibly why Schache was avoided also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back