Harvey Gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm clutching at straws and hoping Harvey isn't suspended. Fairly unfamiliar with the technical terms, but the head clash appeared minimal and accidental. Would this be reviewed if Selwood didn't bleed? Just on that, it was great by Selwood battling on battered and bruised, but pretty ordinary seeing him running around bleeding without bandages for extended periods. Seems strange that this is a non-issue...

Would this be reviewed if Selwood didn't bleed? Just on that, it was great by Selwood battling on battered and bruised, but pretty ordinary seeing him running around bleeding without bandages for extended periods. Seems strange that this is a non-issue...
It was a deep cut that required stitches. Did you expect Selwood to take himself off the ground every time blood trickled from the wound? That would have made Boomer's case worse

He, the way he lifted his elbow, how the hell did they let that go!
Why did Selwood's head go into Goodes's Elbow like a Magnet? Typical Joel always trying to draw the free kick :rolleyes:

Perhaps Mr. Selwood shouldn't use his head to play for free kicks...
What's the relevance of that comment? Totally irrelevant to the OP. But you can't help yourself

You do realise the first example was when he was called as a witness to the tribunal, and the second was after the match to the media, right?

Real men like Liam Picken would still adhere to the player code. Not squealing dogs lik harvey

If Hawkins gets away with clocking Stratton in the face last week, Boomer gets off on this
Wasn't medical evidence from Hawthorn relied upon in the Hawkins case?

I don't care if Boomer doesn't get cited, but what I do care about is this bulltish from BF posters suggesting because it was Selwood, all the more reason for Boomer to get off.

As an aside, the crowd booing of Selwood on Friday night was an absolute blight on the game. But that's another story...

'we' - speak for yourself. Harvey is a dog.

So you think that Harvey deliberately headbutted Selwood? Oh dear. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a deep cut that required stitches. Did you expect Selwood to take himself off the ground every time blood trickled from the wound? That would have made Boomer's case worse
Although I'm going off topic here, I'm not criticising Selwood or suggesting he's done anything wrong, just surprised the umpires (and other relevant AFL and club officials) allowed him to stay on with a mangled face. I love the way he goes about, but the management of his bleeding was pretty ordinary, especially when the bandage was removed and he played on. Selwood isn't at fault here. Yes, it's difficult to stop bleeding from facial cuts and he and Geelong were playing inside the rules, but such an injury should be officiated better. There is a reason for the blood rule...

Real men would actually play football, not cling to their opponent all day.

Were you saying that after he held Lindsay Thomas to four disposals while getting 25 himself the first time we played?

Luke McDonald plays the Picken role (with more clangers when he does get the ball though) = future hall of famer.
Picken does it = scum.

Well I remember that Rockliff later apologised and said he was out of order.......but of course that's Boomer's fault. :rolleyes:
I like Boomer, but he's one wrong here and deserves to get a week.

Were you saying that after he held Lindsay Thomas to four disposals while getting 25 himself the first time we played?

Luke McDonald plays the Picken role (with more clangers when he does get the ball though) = future hall of famer.
Picken does it = scum.
No, because IIRC, he simply beat Thomas that day.

I was saying it when Picken tagged Boomer in the return match.

Boomer should have been more disciplined. But the fact is, he was trying to get to the play, and Picken was holding him 30 metres off the ball. The whole incident (and subsequent suspension and loading) wouldn't have happened had the umps paid a clear free.

If the best Picken can do is wrestle and hope he gets away with it, he's a blight on the game. So spare us the crap about 'real men'.

Whenever Boomer gets in trouble I think of when Tyrion is captured and taken to The Vale.

If only they had a moon-door to drop the whining sook down.

"Mommy, can we make the bad man fly?"

tumblr_ma4hkxhjkE1rvn6njo1_500.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey Gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back