Harvey Gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Accidental head clash. Play on.

Sadly there's no such thing any more. The AFL have re-written the rules, which now demand that a villain must be found and punished.

The only thing that can save Harvey is a ruling of insufficient force. But seeing as Selwood was forced off with the blood rule (twice) the MRP would be making a mockery of themselves if they don't give it at least low impact.

The AFL website have pretty much told us the outcome of this ...

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-13/is-boomer-in-trouble

Check out the examples of similar incidents throughout the year...

There are 2 NOT Guilty examples
The rest were GUILTY

Boomer is guilty because he's playing for the wrong team

Sydney COLAs are exempt from head high bump suspensions... everyone else is GAWN

It hasn't been established if that caused the bleeding, i.e. the Swallow and Selwood clash before hand or the clearance area immediately after, have to wait for lotto on this one.

As much as I dislike Harvey it would be ridiculous for him to miss games for that. I personally hope he gets off and the mrp system gets enough bad press for it to be overhauled where common bloody sense may be applied.

Dirty little player who always tries to act ike the victim
I agree.

He has 3 premierships though, so give him some credit.

167165-508eece8-3a7b-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238ac5.jpg

Yeah he's screwed but we owe the Kangas after Thompson came to SJ's defense.

Perhaps the Scott brothers can work something out. They could try and claim Selwood was already bleeding from a prior incident or something. Or they could argue Selwood bleeds easily - it's a weekly occurrence. You don't want players suspended for rubbish like this.

He might be in trouble because it appeared somewhat behind the play and mostly for two other reasons 1) he's not a swan and 2) he's playing swans next week.

That compilation of this years verdicts on the AFL website is clear evidence that swans are a protected species.

Still can't believe how goodes and buddy got off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It hasn't been established if that caused the bleeding, i.e. the Swallow and Selwood clash before hand or the clearance area immediately after, have to wait for lotto on this one.
After the game, Harvey was being interviewed and said that they both had to go off for the blood rule. Harvey's damage was on the right side of his head and to the back - the part where he appears to make contact with Selwood in the bump.

It will take a miracle (or some generosity from the MRP) for him to get off.

EDIT - Actually, it was the right hand side of the head.

Last edited:
After the game, Harvey was being interviewed and said that they both had to go off for the blood rule. Harvey's damage was on the left side of his head and to the back - the part where he appears to make contact with Selwood in the bump.

It will take a miracle (or some generosity from the MRP) for him to get off.
Unfortunately true with the last point, luck of the draw. Your probably right with your first point, but swallow and Selwood clashed several times seconds eariler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey Gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back