Player Watch Harvey Harrison

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the incident like?
Once they put up the replay I'll try find the footage, but it was 3 mins into the first Q, behind play. My connection was messing up at the time, but I remember someone going down in the forwardline. It was very inocculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Showed some positive signs this season in the AFL but hasn't progressed beyond a low production flanker type at either level as yet.

This isn't going to help his development unfortunately.

Devastating news for him and the club.

Yes, he could get back in 7 months (March/April) like McStay but he will have missed a full pre-season and at age 20 when his fitness base is still developing will mean he won't be able to run games out but would need a further 2 or 3 months to get a mini pre-season. So....he is probably a write-off for 2025 I think, maybe late in the year at best. Hopefully Elliott has a full year and Schultz improves and we can get by......touch wood!

What was the incident like?
He tried to tackle a player running past; tried changing direction by planting his foot and fell straight down.

Immediately I thought if he hadn't hit his head, he'd probably done his ACL. Then he was visibly conscious and holding his knee. There's no doubt that is what it is.

He looked so promising in the Melbourne game then looked VFL standard the rest of the year.

Probably won't get much a crack at it in 2025 so hopefully the club keeps him on as a rookie beyond that

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Harvey Harrison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back