Has SaintSational been hacked????

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Has SaintSational be hacked????

I feel a disturbance in the force...

As if a dozen grumpy old men screamed out in anger... and were suddenly silenced...

I guess we can count ourselves lucky at that its not as bad as last time it went down.

When will SS be back?

Thats what I wanna know.

Great site SS - best around.

Sure, there's a few keyboard heroes but you just skip over them.

Some of the best footy conversation to be had and its all Saints.

How long before the hosting mob fix this stuff up?

Battye - you must be havin a melt down.........get on em man/girl.

Teffers.

Thats what I wanna know.

Great site SS - best around.

Sure, there's a few keyboard heroes but you just skip over them.

Some of the best footy conversation to be had and its all Saints.

How long before the hosting mob fix this stuff up?

Battye - you must be havin a melt down.........get on em man/girl.

Teffers.

So Teflon = sainter35

Yeah, I find for the most part they are easy to skip over, but I still think an ignore feature would be the solution. People are welcome to make me disappear, whatever makes life there less...annoying?

Good footy info/discussion to be had here, SS & truesainters though :)

SS is not so bad - there are maybe <10 (excl P66) out of some 4000+ posters that give the place a bad rep, which is sad really....:eek:

I can see good in ALL the saints forums that I frequent. I enjoy Saintsational, True Sainters and Big Footy. They all have their moments and I suspect that I may have been a contributor to those moments at times. As long as it doesn't get personal IT'S ALL GOOD FUN, and when you meet the people they end up being very different to their internet persona, especially all those who owe me a beer. Should I name & shame them? :D !!

For anyone that cares about SS just found this on twitter...

battye battye
Update on saintsational... #gosaints - totally the fault of the host. They suspended SS due to a problem THEY introduced from last downtime

And for some reason they redirected the site to ecospill - they admitted via email that they don't even know why they did that

saintsational is alright except for plugger66. he's the biggest w***er i've ever met on the interwebz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When will SS be back?
Soon
I have posted a few more messages on Twitter, I'm not sure if everyone reads it though. So if you have the contact details of other SS members please feel free to pass this on
icon_smile.gif

Bascially what has happened is this. When the site went down earlier this year, the webhosting company didn't have a robust restoration process. What they did, I believe, is use Google cache to look at the contents of the forum and any link that they found they took a "snapshot" of that page and popped it on the SS server. This resulted in thousands upon thousands of files being added. Files we don't want nor need. Fortunately I had a backup of the forum files and the database server remained online; so I restored the forum. I tried to delete the excess files they put there but unsurprisingly they had restricted access to them so I could even get rid of them.

Fast forward to now and it seems they think some of the files they added there are infected with malware (it doesn't affect users because no users would have accessed those files, as they were not forum files that were affected). Bearing in mind, I did try and delete these files anyway because we didn't want them. Anyway, they suspended the site because of this malware. In other words, they suspended the site because of nasty files that they put there themselves that we never wanted in the first place.

On top of this... ecospill. They were caught in the crossfire so to speak. Directly from the webhost:

the redirection to ecospill.com.au is a side effect of disabling this Service and is
being looked at as a separate issue.
so they couldn't even suspend the site without making a mistake. Pretty unbelievable really. I have let them know in no uncertain terms just how absurd and unacceptable this situation is.

Hopefully things will be restored Saturday morning or Monday; but knowing the way things are going I wouldn't put money on it!

Thanks
Battye SS administrator.​

Soon
I have posted a few more messages on Twitter, I'm not sure if everyone reads it though. So if you have the contact details of other SS members please feel free to pass this on
icon_smile.gif

Bascially what has happened is this. When the site went down earlier this year, the webhosting company didn't have a robust restoration process. What they did, I believe, is use Google cache to look at the contents of the forum and any link that they found they took a "snapshot" of that page and popped it on the SS server. This resulted in thousands upon thousands of files being added. Files we don't want nor need. Fortunately I had a backup of the forum files and the database server remained online; so I restored the forum. I tried to delete the excess files they put there but unsurprisingly they had restricted access to them so I could even get rid of them.

Fast forward to now and it seems they think some of the files they added there are infected with malware (it doesn't affect users because no users would have accessed those files, as they were not forum files that were affected). Bearing in mind, I did try and delete these files anyway because we didn't want them. Anyway, they suspended the site because of this malware. In other words, they suspended the site because of nasty files that they put there themselves that we never wanted in the first place.

On top of this... ecospill. They were caught in the crossfire so to speak. Directly from the webhost:

so they couldn't even suspend the site without making a mistake. Pretty unbelievable really. I have let them know in no uncertain terms just how absurd and unacceptable this situation is.

Hopefully things will be restored Saturday morning or Monday; but knowing the way things are going I wouldn't put money on it!

Thanks

Awesome thanks. :):thumbsu:

thanks for the heads up battye (via flyingsaint)
seriously its about time we got rid of these clowns
not matter the contract the site has or not

rather it down for a month and get over to another host, bigger and better
than stay with these clowns and get hacked and ballsed up every 6 months:D

Soon
icon_smile.gif

Thanks
Thanks for taking the time to update us Battye, much appreciated. I am looking forward to SS becoming operational again.​

In the meantime, Saintsational visitors are welcome here.
Please avoid negative comments about posters - we are all Sainters and deserve respect.
Feel free to contribute to the many other threads on this board, give a review of a player's season on the players board, visit the animal enclosure for non-football related talk, go to the main board but beware it is hostile, or if you really want to fight - go to Bay 13... and feel free to congratulate L2M4G on his recent appointment as a spec moderator on that board.

HERE HERE - if I could get my hands on him I would choke all that vitriolic shyte out of him! :thumbsdown:

Settle pettel.

Half the time he is having a lend. Some take this forum bizzo a bit too seriously.

SS is still great. Just don't take an insult to heart.

A forum where there is no baiting, niggling, Stevie Baker type play is boring.

In the meantime, Saintsational visitors are welcome here.
Please avoid negative comments about posters - we are all Sainters and deserve respect.

Respect is earned Kildonan, I respect this forum and the regulars on here who, on the whole seem to know much more about football, than the usual "Sack Raph", braindead halfwits that tend to inhabit SS. Unfortunately thats what happens with a large membership and large volume of trafficover there.

The only people I pay no respect to are SS members who come here and insult the regulars and the forum, and opposition supporters if they dont show the forum due respect, after all there are the s.hit forums like Bay 13 for infantile pissing contests.

Feel free to contribute to the many other threads on this board, give a review of a player's season on the players board, visit the animal enclosure for non-football related talk, go to the main board but beware it is hostile, or if you really want to fight - go to Bay 13... and feel free to congratulate L2M4G on his recent appointment as a spec moderator on that board.

One of the main reason I have almost stopped posting at BF was because of infantile idiotic forums like Bay 13. Congrats to L2M4G, but why would he even bother, the place disgusts me, with appalling vitriolic abuse, calling players rapists (not just Saints players), posting photo's of that Kim Duthie thing, and generally total lack of any deceny.

That place is full of gutless little internet warriors who would melt if confronted by any of the player they abuse.

The whole site would be better of without the stench of that garbage dump and the children who post there.

One of the main reason I have almost stopped posting at BF was because of infantile idiotic forums like Bay 13. Congrats to L2M4G, but why would he even bother, the place disgusts me, with appalling vitriolic abuse, calling players rapists (not just Saints players), posting photo's of that Kim Duthie thing, and generally total lack of any deceny.

That place is full of gutless little internet warriors who would melt if confronted by any of the player they abuse.

The whole site would be better of without the stench of that garbage dump and the children who post there.
Yeah but see Joff, the point of the Bay is trolling, to get people mad, if you take the shit on there seriously you'll go insane :D

(on ss) if it was all the same mono drone type of peeps it would be rather boring would it not??

pluggsy and the like are alright
we all have a go at them and they do the same right back at us
its the way it is.
you either ignore it or get in on the debate, errr argument

:D

But you miss me right? :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Has SaintSational been hacked????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back