List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

And he’s playing like it.

I watched him at Box Hill 2 weeks ago and posed the question to my mate “would he be playing footy if he wasn’t 6 foot 8?” I don’t think so.
Fortunate that he’s 6 foot 8 then

I would expect that Reeves, DGB, HH, Morrison and Serong are all going to attract interest from other clubs who can offer more money, longer contracts and more AFL opportunities.

For example, I reckon Ned could get 3 years at better money out of a side with more opportunity. What would you do in his shoes and how hard should we try to keep him. And Serong - whats he thinking if Battle comes? He'd be silly to stick around if there was more opportunity and security elsewhere.

Someone like Hustwaite we need to keep but guaranteed his management is fielding enquiries.

I would expect that Reeves, DGB, HH, Morrison and Serong are all going to attract interest from other clubs who can offer more money, longer contracts and more AFL opportunities.

For example, I reckon Ned could get 3 years at better money out of a side with more opportunity. What would you do in his shoes and how hard should we try to keep him. And Serong - whats he thinking if Battle comes? He'd be silly to stick around if there was more opportunity and security elsewhere.

Someone like Hustwaite we need to keep but guaranteed his management is fielding enquiries.
Serong did play as a forward with us initially before his heart issue. He was considered a utility. Could he be repurposed back as a 3rd forward ? He marks well and is a nice kick.

Serong did play as a forward with us initially before his heart issue. He was considered a utility. Could he be repurposed back as a 3rd forward ? He marks well and is a nice kick.
It’s certainly an option my only question is whether he’s quick enough he would need Jack Gunston level smarts if not. Now who could he learn forward craft from to become an elite 3rd forward…😉

Reeves is contracted. We don’t need to do anything if we want to keep him. The biggest problem with have three ruckman in the VFL is that Tucker gets very little time in the middle, and Ramma has to play forward. If we are keeping Tucker, then I would consider a good offer for Reeves.
Not sure anyone is offering DGB more money or a long contract. His last two seasons have been horrible. Serong is younger and has shown more.
I really liked Serong as a forward. Plays like Gunston. If we get Battle (and Blanck back), I would play him forward in 2025. Reckon the club will want to keep him. Same with HH.
Morrison is a limited, but very smart and capable AFL player good enough to be on any list. As a free agent, he is most likely to be elsewhere in 2025.

Last edited:

I think people will be surprised at the amount of interest in Harry from 'lower' placed clubs.

Model pro who put's his head over the ball, and runs all day. Has much better skills than many people think - esp those who don't watch many Hawks games.

He'd be best 22 for the next 4 or 5 yrs for North Melbourne, Richmond, WCE, Adelaide and maybe even the Dogs.

He's not an A grader, but he certainly doesn't get the kudos he often deserves on here or in oppo supporters minds.

Reeves gets interest as does Henry H.

Serong and DGB not so much I'd have thought.

the days of having a huge man playing ruck and hoping he keeps his spot because he is tall and might get some hit outs are over.

Unless you can move around, take a few marks around the ground, link up when needed, and kick a few goals then you are Goneski and essentially blocking up rotations.

The Dekoning cat from Carlton is the ruckman of the future. Mobile, athletic and can swing forward and kick a few goals.

Meek has reinvented himself beautifully due to his fitness levels going to another level. He has stripped off weight and is chiseled and can now get around the ground and can offer something forward for us.

Ramma reminds me a lot of Dekoning so perhaps he will make it as that Ruck/forward type for us long term.

the days of having a huge man playing ruck and hoping he keeps his spot because he is tall and might get some hit outs are over.

Unless you can move around, take a few marks around the ground, link up when needed, and kick a few goals then you are Goneski and essentially blocking up rotations.

The Dekoning cat from Carlton is the ruckman of the future. Mobile, athletic and can swing forward and kick a few goals.

Meek has reinvented himself beautifully due to his fitness levels going to another level. He has stripped off weight and is chiseled and can now get around the ground and can offer something forward for us.

Ramma reminds me a lot of Dekoning so perhaps he will make it as that Ruck/forward type for us long term.

So Chol then?

Meek could be used as a very big bodied stopagge on baller. He is so good around congestion. Just shrugs little people off his shoulders.

I think people will be surprised at the amount of interest in Harry from 'lower' placed clubs.

Model pro who put's his head over the ball, and runs all day. Has much better skills than many people think - esp those who don't watch many Hawks games.

He'd be best 22 for the next 4 or 5 yrs for North Melbourne, Richmond, WCE, Adelaide and maybe even the Dogs.

He's not an A grader, but he certainly doesn't get the kudos he often deserves on here or in oppo supporters minds.

Reeves gets interest as does Henry H.

Serong and DGB not so much I'd have thought.
I like Harry - was very unlucky to be starting sub for so many games and then got dropped - didn’t get a chance to show what he could do for a full game. Reality is though he must doesn’t really have any point of difference / one wood in his game

For mine is a slightly lesser version of Pat Lipinski. Hope he gets a chance elsewhere to get more game time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry will be at North Melbourne next year, you can take that to the bank.
Mate you've thrown so many things out there since you joined this board that there's very little you say that I'd be taking to the bank!

Doesn't mean it won't happen, and would be happy for him to get the chance to play more games and us to hopefully get a little something for him, but I would also not be surprised if it didn't.

i think Sam has a plan for the list next that will have a few magnets move around the board. Weddle to the wing, Serong to the forward line, Wiz getting a crack at centre bounces, Ginni midfield minutes ALL maybes, keen to see how it all unfolds. As mentioned by many we only have to take 3 players or upgrade a few. 2 picks in the top 30 and maybe a player move and our second pick gets an upgrade. Lewis, sadly gives us a bit more flexibility with the list and Bruest to the veterans list, think this is happening. Battle/Smith in ??? WTFK! But love the way we are tracking and having a bit of surplus playing well in the magoos... its a great problem to have.

Mate you've thrown so many things out there since you joined this board that there's very little you say that I'd be taking to the bank!

Doesn't mean it won't happen, and would be happy for him to get the chance to play more games and us to hopefully get a little something for him, but I would also not be surprised if it didn't.

I'd heard* it as well some 6-8 weeks ago - to North Melbourne. I'm pretty sure I posted it on their board at the time.

Something to keep in mind when the list crunch comes at the end of the season. This is from the article below. Who do we feel this helps the most. Bennetts, O'Sullivan or someone else?

"The AFL ticked off a host of new trade and draft rules stemming from its competitive balance review last Friday, which included the ability to keep players on the rookie list for five years (up from three) if they've played under 10 senior games"

Something to keep in mind when the list crunch comes at the end of the season. This is from the article below. Who do we feel this helps the most. Bennetts, O'Sullivan or someone else?

Bennetts deserves more time as a rookie but may elect to look elsewhere for an opportunity

Ramsden will be thankful the change to 5 years as he might need that long to condition for AFL. Needs more strength if he is going to have a career

Tucker is perfectly positioned for a full 5 years on the rookie list

Bennetts deserves more time as a rookie but may elect to look elsewhere for an opportunity

Ramsden will be thankful the change to 5 years as he might need that long to condition for AFL. Needs more strength if he is going to have a career

Tucker is perfectly positioned for a full 5 years on the rookie list
The ruling very well might prolong some careers at the Hawks so has come at a good time

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back