List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm utterly fascinated as to how Sammy and a the coaches are going to structure/configure things next year.

Our backline, as it stands today (assuming we nail the Barrass trade too): Sic, Battle, Scrim, Barrass, Weds, Frosty, Blancky (eventually), Dimma, Imps, Amon. Extraordinarily, scarily strong, but ten doesn't go into 6 (and yes there'll be injuries).

So what do we do? Weds up the field seems a gimme. Sic forward? The prospect is tantalising, and of course he can be super-flexible and swing back if needed. It sounds like the same goes for Battle. Dimma can play back or forward.

It's going to be like watching a master chess player move his pieces across the board....
Reckon with Mitch Lewis being out for the start of the season, we see Josh Weddle playing in our forward line. Has a huge tank and can work up the ground, has a great set of hands and is a fairly good kick inside 50 as well.

I'm utterly fascinated as to how Sammy and a the coaches are going to structure/configure things next year.

Our backline, as it stands today (assuming we nail the Barrass trade too): Sic, Battle, Scrim, Barrass, Weds, Frosty, Blancky (eventually), Dimma, Imps, Amon. Extraordinarily, scarily strong, but ten doesn't go into 6 (and yes there'll be injuries).

So what do we do? Weds up the field seems a gimme. Sic forward? The prospect is tantalising, and of course he can be super-flexible and swing back if needed. It sounds like the same goes for Battle. Dimma can play back or forward.

It's going to be like watching a master chess player move his pieces across the board....
I know it might seem like a bit of a stretch, but why not try to use Weddle in a Nick Riewoldt role? Huge tank, good size, can get better overhead and will suit our style of play. Maybe I have rose coloured glasses.

I know it might seem like a bit of a stretch, but why not try to use Weddle in a Nick Riewoldt role? Huge tank, good size, can get better overhead and will suit our style of play. Maybe I have rose coloured glasses.
With Mitch Lewis out for a bit, it makes sense

The club should get him in as a part time coach for weddle, he will be our most damaging player soon

The question - when all is done and settled mid November is ….
Who trains with the forwards? Hardwick again, Weddle, Sicily, Battle, McCabe, Serong?
Because Chol and Dear and Gunston ain’t enough.
Though looking forward to what Scaife can do with. Pre-season under his belt.

The question - when all is done and settled mid November is ….
Who trains with the forwards? Hardwick again, Weddle, Sicily, Battle, McCabe, Serong?
Because Chol and Dear and Gunston ain’t enough.
Though looking forward to what Scaife can do with. Pre-season under his belt.
melbourne football club wink GIF by Melbournefc

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back