List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Moore and Ginnivan our KPF options now? Strange take the entire point of the post was about our KPF from a list mgt perspective.
So it’s strange to defend Chol over the constant negative posts is it ?

It was strange to ask IF he was maybe carrying an injury ?

It’s strange to question WHY posts about Mitch Lewis have to comment on 2 isolated games of Chol is it ?

So it’s strange to defend Chol over the constant negative posts is it ?

It was strange to ask IF he was maybe carrying an injury ?

It’s strange to question WHY posts about Mitch Lewis have to comment on 2 isolated games of Chol is it ?
No as I said, strange to raise Moore and Ginnivan in a post about KPFs. The rest is a different discussion and you can make those points and intend to agree with some of them, just clarifying that my reply was about 1 very specific part of your post which I thought I made clear.

No as I said, strange to raise Moore and Ginnivan in a post about KPFs. The rest is a different discussion and you can make those points and intend to agree with some of them, just clarifying that my reply was about 1 very specific part of your post which I thought I made clear.
Ok. I’ll retract my inclusion of Moore & Ginni. Maybe I shouldn’t have used them as 2 OTHER players who played poorly in the same 2 games.

Would it then not be strange that Chols 2 bad games HAD to be brought into the convo about Lewis being possibly traded ?

My entire point has been
Why be so negative towards Chol ?
So many are & it’s entirely unfair.

As I’ve said previously, why not just say Chol will most likely be an even better player with Lewis in the side.

You can defend Roddy if you like, but I’ll defend Chol

Clunking grabs, snagging goals and generally giving opposition defences the runaround is a waste of talent???
I think this post suggested that playing him on the Wing was the waste of talent, supporting his move to CHF.

Is that what you're asking?

Which we should do, yeah?
It’s one option I’d like to see tried. I definitely don’t think it would be a waste of talent.

To be honest, the bloke is so damn versatile I’m not certain what my absolute preference would be for him, wing, midfield or forward. I only know my least preferred option now, is back.

But I back Sammy to know…

Who’s weddle pushing off the wing? Assume Massimo locked in on one side. So CJ when fit? Morrison (who’s been depth) or a mid (as we’ve often also rotated mids through the other wing)?

This is a part of my thinking. We play 3 wingers, and the third is usually the 5th mid too (Mackenzie/Ward/Finn at times).

Although his running power and speed would be great on the wing, I reckon he’d be even more valuable as a forward. He can kick a goal from anywhere within 55m of goal.

He will be awesome in any role though, clone him.

It’s one option I’d like to see tried. I definitely don’t think it would be a waste of talent.

To be honest, the bloke is so damn versatile I’m not certain what my absolute preference would be for him, wing, midfield or forward. I only know my least preferred option now, is back.

But I back Sammy to know…
100% agree.
i think he belongs forward of Defence - not yet sure where he'll end up.

HFF, once Lewis returns. CHF until then?
centre half wing; 'the Weddle role'
If we play 17 on field: Weddle in 2x positions - CHF + Wing - can we get additional interchanges per game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask I’ll say is:

1. The below average performance of some players in both finals will absolutely burn them. Chol, Moore, Ginni, etc. I hope it inspires a productive pre season and we come out firing next year.

2. I really hope we get off to a good start this year. Sick of being on the negative side of the equation by round 5.

I’m ’cherry-picking’ that part of your post as I don’t believe it is necessary.

He played well above most people’s expectations all season but you & a few others seem to find it compulsory to mention the 2 poor games at any chance possible. But none want to talk about other players who had the same poor games

Leave it as ‘Chol had a very good season & will be a better player with Lewis in the team’
Don’t throw the unnecessary negative in there.
I'm actually starting to get sick of the Chol bashing. He clearly wasn't brought to the club to be the #1 option but actually did an admiral job in what was his first season in being it (the #1 option). Everyone agrees how great a job the Clasher did in his rookie season but not many will bring up that by Chol taking the oppo's #1 defender it allowed him to go about his business and play his role.

I'm not really sure what some mofo's around here expected from this season but we made the finals and freaking one won so it's important to remember that. Chol was clearly carrying something into the finals and I can't remember which game it was but I'm pretty sure it was the R23 game vs Richmond where he skied for a mark and came down awkwardly and from that point on he didn't look 100% the rest of the season. The thing is if he was to announce it that he was playing hurt (think the way Heeney did) then a lot would probably just say he was making excuses so it's a no win situation for him.

The last and most important thing to remember with all this Chol bashing is that if we didn't have him on our list playing his role then we don't end up making finals and having the exciting season that we all just witnessed which led to us breaking our long finals drought. This exciting season likely has turned the eyes of Battle to want to come to us via free agency and Barrass to request a to be traded to us.

Last edited:
I'm actually starting to get sick of the Chol bashing. He clearly wasn't brought to the club to be the #1 option but actually did an admiral job in what was his first season in being it (the #1 option). Everyone agrees how great a job the Clasher did in his rookie season but not many will bring up that by Chol taking the oppo's #1 defender it allowed him to go about his business and play his role.

I'm not really sure what some mofo's around here expected from this season but we made the finals and freaking one won so it's important to remember that. Chol was clearly carrying something into the finals and I can't remember which game it was but I'm pretty sure it was the R23 game vs Richmond where he skied for a mark and came down awkwardly and from that point on he didn't look 100% the rest of the season. The thing is if he was to announce it that he was playing hurt (think the way Heeney did) then a lot would probably just say he was making excuses so it's a no win situation for him.

The last and most important thing to remember with all this Chol bashing is that if we didn't have him on our list playing his role then we don't end up making finals and having the exciting season that we all just witnessed which led to us breaking our long finals drought. This exciting season likely has turned the eyes of Battle to want to come to us via free agency and Barrass to request a to be traded to us.
Well said.

The other aspect that highlights the value of Chol's performance is to consider the alternative, which is that we kept and played Ryan or Kosi instead. Is anyone seriously saying that either of those players would have been a better option?! Chol made us better, simple as that.

Looking at the PCM votes Weddle and Chol appear to have had very similar quality seasons in the eyes of the coaches. 0.08 votes per game difference. One awarded goal of the year, the other mark of the year.

Clunking grabs, snagging goals and generally giving opposition defences the runaround is a waste of talent???

I think this post suggested that playing him on the Wing was the waste of talent, supporting his move to CHF.

Is that what you're asking?

Yeah I think you would realise my opinion if you read the thread Roddy, I was talking about he would be a great forward only a few posts earlier.

He'd be a good forward

Moore and MacDonald both off to Exos training camp, wonder if this points to getting more midfield minutes. Amon going too, back to the wing ?
Interesting to see how it pans out.
PS I don’t like the start of daylight savings, to many snarky posts.

Ask I’ll say is:

1. The below average performance of some players in both finals will absolutely burn them. Chol, Moore, Ginni, etc. I hope it inspires a productive pre season and we come out firing next year.

2. I really hope we get off to a good start this year. Sick of being on the negative side of the equation by round 5.
I know the Lions won it from 5th this year but history tells you that you need to finish top 4 to make a GF and we need a strong start to cement that too 4 spot.

There really shouldn't be any excuses as to why we wouldn't start well next year, the players understand the gameplan very well and out list is very healthy (touch wood).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back