List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve heard many times that Houston was the ‘biggest’ trade this year. Completely disagree, Battle is by far the biggest acquisition by any club this year.

Barass isn’t too far behind either.
The Bias is unbelievable. Bailey Smith the big last day trade for pick 17, Barrass goes for as Ralphy said all of our 2025 picks and hardly a mention. I’m growing to remember what being hated was like and I must say…
Rumer Willis GIF by The Roku Channel

During our premiership years and periods of success our depth was a common factor ……. our 27th/28th best player on the list was a good player that could step in at anytime. Watching Finn and Harry playing their roles during the finals highlights that our playing list has reached this stage.

FB Frost Barrass Hardwick
HB Scrim Battle Impey
C Amon Worps Mass
HF Croc Chol Siss
FF Watson Dear Moore
RR Meek Newcombe Day

Inter: Weddle, Nash, Ginni, Frenchie, Gunners/Bruest

Depth: Lewis, CJ, Ward, Finn, Harry, Reeves, Blanck, Serong noting a few of these guys recovering from significant injuries.

This is quite insane! Our biggest problem is keeping this list together but what a great problem to have 😊

Coach has confidence in the playing group …… no wonder when he spoke at the B&F his famous last words “We’re just getting started”!

I think we are still missing 1x KPF and 1x X-factor mid. I'm sure we will aggressively target one of the two next year.

Apart from that though our list is really filling out.

I think we are still missing 1x KPF and 1x X-factor mid. I'm sure we will aggressively target one of the two next year.

Apart from that though our list is really filling out.
Will Day and Newc both have X-Factor, Newc demonstrated that in his last 5 or so games.

I'm also not writing off Mackenzie starting to become that additional X-Factor mid next year.

Will Day and Newc both have X-Factor, Newc demonstrated that in his last 5 or so games.

I'm also not writing off Mackenzie starting to become that additional X-Factor mid next year.
Depending on how he continues to develop, but Croc could be that X-Factor mid as well.

I’ve heard many times that Houston was the ‘biggest’ trade this year. Completely disagree, Battle is by far the biggest acquisition by any club this year.

Barass isn’t too far behind either.
Nah. Houston is a jet. Not what we needed, but the best player to move clubs.

Nah. Houston is a jet. Not what we needed, but the best player to move clubs.
The quality of Barrass and the availability of genuinely good full backs across the league makes him the biggest player to move clubs. Houston has the best recent form, but in a position which is far more replaceable - and that's what the post you're replying to is about. The biggest move.

Unless the club and Sicily have been lying, he’ll be staying in his position as one of the best defenders in the league.

Hardwick Barrass Impey
Sicily Scrimshaw Battle
Weddle Day D’Ambrosio
Moore Lewis MacDonald
Watson Chol Ginnivan

Meek Newc Worpel

Int: Frost, Amon, Mackenzie, Dear, Nash.

Not in but will probably play: Gunston, Breust, Finn, Serong, McCabe, Morrison, CJ, Ward, Butler, Mitchell, Reeves, Ramsden, Hustwaite, Scaife.

There’s easily 10 players that could find their way in to our best 23 that are out currently. There’s also the chaos of Weddle, he could play anywhere and the team will change to suit.
That is one Hella attacking half back line.

Id make Battle our CHB and let Scrimmers and Sicily play half back flank and we could see all kinds of records broken for intercept marks.

Having intercept marking half backs is
vitally important to modern AFL, we will launch so many attack of the half back line next year. Going to be fantastic fun to see it in action, I can't wait!

Seriously what an impressive FA & Trade period MM & the team have had.

Not only have we got in 2 quality key defenders to give us one of the very best Backlines in the comp (imo the best) but we have somehow kept all of our depth.

To have support still for Meek in Reeves is vitally important.
The likes of Finn, Morrison, Serong etc all staying helps so much when we will no doubt cop injuries. Our squad is seriously strong now and our depth we have will hold us in really good stead. I think back to our depth in 2020/2021/2022 and it was a major concern.

Great effort by Sleepy and the Team. What an exciting few years to come.

Is this mental? We're absolutely stacked.

FB: Frost - Barrass - Scrimshaw
HB: Impey - Battle - Amon

MF: Meek - Newcombe - Nash
MF: Day - Worpel - D'Ambrosio

HF: Moore - Dear - Ginnivan
FF: Hardwick - Sicily - Watson

INT: Chol - Weddle - Mackenzie - MacDonald - Ward

Seriously what an impressive FA & Trade period MM & the team have had.

Not only have we got in 2 quality key defenders to give us one of the very best Backlines in the comp (imo the best) but we have somehow kept all of our depth.

To have support still for Meek in Reeves is vitally important.
The likes of Finn, Morrison, Serong etc all staying helps so much when we will no doubt cop injuries. Our squad is seriously strong now and our depth we have will hold us in really good stead. I think back to our depth in 2020/2021/2022 and it was a major concern.

Great effort by Sleepy and the Team. What an exciting few years to come.
Don't think it really has sunk in how good we have done keeping those you have mentioned and others not just for depth but developing as best 22 in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So last year we rebuilt the forward line (Chol, Gunston, Watson, Dear all coming in the same year).

This year was the backline rebuild.

**** yeh.

We just need one tall forward to emerge (Dear to hit a new level again, Lewis to return, Chol to level up) and a midfielder (McKenzie, Ward or Croc) to do the same and we're top 4 material.

I'm hoping Frenchy can be that X-factor mid. He has the silky smooth skills and his spread from the contest is underrated.

I think every Premiership side needs 3 genuine A grade mids. We have Newk and Day. Worps is on the cusp but not sure if he has another gear.

We are going to be a bloody good side if a player of Worpel's quality becomes our 4th or 5th best mid rather than our 3rd.

We just need one tall forward to emerge (Dear to hit a new level again, Lewis to return, Chol to level up) and a midfielder (McKenzie, Ward or Croc) to do the same and we're top 4 material.
Our last 2/3rds of the year was at a top 4 level. It’s just our start was terrible.

Up to our boys to bring it all year now as well as finding improvement that should come from the younger players.

I’m

LDU under Sam could be anything. Makes me weak at the knees just thinking about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are into him hard. Wants to live closer to home.

Dingley is a little closer to Rye than Moorabin ;)

Scaife will be my big watch this pre season. If he can make the leap to being a capable AFL power forward then we can just focus on getting one more class midfielder (LDU would be perfect).

And it's always much easier to find a good midfielder than a good key forward due to supply and demand.

I'm quietly positive on Scaife, something about him makes me think he could be a player.

So last year we rebuilt the forward line (Chol, Gunston, Watson, Dear all coming in the same year).

This year was the backline rebuild.

**** yeh.

I reckon the forward line is still short of a physically dominating forward. Chol doesn't do the hard contest work against defensive gorillas and Lewis isn't on the track enough to be that guy. We still need a beast in the forward line, in my opinion.

(I'm agreeing with you on the need, but I don't think he's on our list - or at least hasn't made an appearance in the seniors yet, if he is on the list)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back