Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - rip it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had this for the past month which is a real worry leading into the finals. Last 4 games: 3.3, 1.4, 2.4, 1.1. I've mentioned this before but I noticed in a few of the games when taking a set shot he failed to kick through the ball, just did a quick stab kick which went way offline. He's totally lost confidence in his set shots and particularly cost us vs Melbourne.

Yep, bad kicking for goal cost us 2012. We need him to get back to his sharp shooting best.

Was this in or around M51? If so that guy was a loud-mouth know it all who grew extremely tiresome for EVERYONE around him. Best thing was, the three people in front of me had a clue about the game and amongst themselves were constantly correcting him which was amusing to listen to. He was one of these bright sparks wondering why we go backwards to cross the field, despite it having worked fairly well for us for, I don't know, 5 years now. Also one of those geniuses that yells out 'JUST KICK IT' if a player has hesitated for a millisecond.

Small world '89Adopter' we were in M54, we had the whole clan plus friends and if we could bring our cat lucky with us then he would have had a seat as well.

You have to love the geniuses that yell out "JUST KICK IT", they think their watching a local under 13's game.

Small world '89Adopter' we were in M54, we had the whole clan plus friends and if we could bring our cat lucky with us then he would have had a seat as well.

You have to love the geniuses that yell out "JUST KICK IT", they think their watching a local under 13's game.

Don't forget:

1. Don't kick across goal.
2. Man up.
3. Don't kick backwards.

Etc, etc. etc.

Was this in or around M51? If so that guy was a loud-mouth know it all who grew extremely tiresome for EVERYONE around him. Best thing was, the three people in front of me had a clue about the game and amongst themselves were constantly correcting him which was amusing to listen to. He was one of these bright sparks wondering why we go backwards to cross the field, despite it having worked fairly well for us for, I don't know, 5 years now. Also one of those geniuses that yells out 'JUST KICK IT' if a player has hesitated for a millisecond.
Usually it's those older people that are used to footy in the 70s where all you did was kick it long.

I had this old man infront of me having a go at Majak. Gave him a bronx cheer when he took the mark and kept bronx cheering him on even when he ran and kicked the ball for Petrie to kick from the line.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Not sure that it's appropriate to make fun of North and them not having pokies. Pretty disgraceful that the Hawks earnt so much money from pokies last year. Pokies are killing our poorer communities...
I agree. I'd be with you on all that, except, I ****ing hate those bludging good for nothing layabouts. I don't buy their holier than thou, were so full of integrity, we dont need no pokies when we get welfare cheques from the AFL schtick. They are guttersnipes, and whingers, sore losing bully boys on and off the field. By these actions they are judged, and I condemn them and wish them nothing but pain.

We pour 20 years of effort into Tassie, so these bludgers can be gifted pillaging rights down there. When that kinda shit becomes businees as usual, then all bets are off I'm afraid. When it's obvious the AFL agenda is to look after their pets, these sycophants, then we need to look after ourselves. By any means necessary. When I see their head bob up these days, I just want to kick it.

Can't get an income stream outside of begging? I hope they go broke. No respect. No mercy.

It frustrated us and most of the members around us yesterday. One bloke had a running commentary happening before we even took possession he would shout "yep kick it high and long straight to Tarrant or Goldstein"

Couple of glaring examples was the fourth qrt where Gunstan and Langford near the Olympic stand wing kicking down to the punt rd end.

One was a mark to Gunstan and the other a fifty mtr penalty to Langers. Both kicked the ball high and mighty into our forward line. Both occasions the North players marked repelling the attack and on both occasions they had options to lower the eyes and spot Lewis in the fifty mtr arc who was all on his own.

Lewis was not happy with Langers, he was filthy as he walked past him and he let Langers know about it with a few expletives.

I don't know if this is a tactic employed by Clarko and co', for most of the day did not work yesterday.
I got a funny feeling that it was actually me with the running commentary!:cool:

Cegs is a funny one, he puts in these random performances where he dominates, he looks the athletic big ruck that can go forward with a nice touch and kick a goal. Then he goes MIA for a month and delivers absolute rubbish, yesterday he looked well below level required.

We have never put a big emphasis on classy ruckman so I'm assuming we'll be stuck with him for a while.

Agree. Looks at the Stains who are doing fine with Nankervis + Naismith who are no better than our combo.

Agree. Looks at the Stains who are doing fine with Nankervis + Naismith who are no better than our combo.

Spot on mate, although the taller donkey for Swans ( Naismith I think ) goes pretty well with his actual ruck work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and ?
If we lose 2 and they win 2 we are out by percentage.
Besides, we want top 2 not 3rd or 4th.
Top 2 guarantees a home final and the double chance.

I was replying to this comment of yours "How ? If we lose next week and Swans, Cats, GWS and Crows win. We drop out of 4 because of our rubbish percentage."

We won't drop out of the top 4 next week. Granted we could, as you say, if we lose both our last 2 games. Personally, I don't think we will, but I'm more of 'Glass half full' type.

Brand was kicking it like a donkey. Langford had a severe case of the fumbles which cost us goals. The rest of the team was pretry good.

Happy with the performance. ..
Only saw the last half, but thought Brands problem was more decision making. He took ages to decide what to do a few times, and then was under pressure. His disposal is usually good, but he had a couple of moments on Saturday that's for sure.

He is going to be needed in finals as we are likely to meet Sydney (Buddy/Tippet), Adelaide (Jenkins/Walker/Lynch) or Geelong.

Only saw the last half, but thought Brands problem was more decision making. He took ages to decide what to do a few times, and then was under pressure. His disposal is usually good, but he had a couple of moments on Saturday that's for sure.

He is going to be needed in finals as we are likely to meet Sydney (Buddy/Tippet), Adelaide (Jenkins/Walker/Lynch) or Geelong.
One thing you notice most with the young players is when those up the ground are not running to provide options they look indecisive.

They don't have the experience and have to think their way through it, they are drilled to look for certain options if those options are not there they struggle more than the senior players.

Something to think about when you look at the 2nd and 3rd quarters and question the decision making of the kids.

Watching Spud Burrito desperately plodding after one of our forwards as they run the ball into an open goal is a real thing of beauty.
Was that after Hodgey sucked in a couple of their players, before they realised we were heading towards goal? I picked that up at the game - was amazing to see.

Last edited:
Was that after Hodgey sucked in a couple of their players, before they realised we were heading towards goal? I picked that up at the game - was amazing to see.
Might have happened a couple times. One I'm thinking of is Puopolo running on to one when we were going toward Punt Rd end.

But the one you are talking about might have been Breust. Hodge had about 3 or 4 North players in a scuffle at the city end in front of AFL members. Breust fumbled it but still got it.

Might have happened a couple times. One I'm thinking of is Puopolo running on to one when we were going toward Punt Rd end.

But the one you are talking about might have been Breust. Hodge had about 3 or 4 North players in a scuffle at the city end in front of AFL members. Breust fumbled it but still got it.
It was Breust, he fumbled a fairly difficult mark but recovered and kicked it

Amazed at the contrast vs the game from round 13.. this was a business as usual type of win...meh..onto the next big test vs weagles on their home turf

Watched a replay now, this was not as bad as it has been made out to be. North had a touch of luck in the patch half-way through the second which brought them back into the game. They also got pretty desperate—as they should have been from the start, something that we did not see our side do until it became necessary—half way through the 3rd. Their skills with the ball were pretty ordinary, but their commitment and pressure post 1/4 time was good. It seemed that around the Puopolo goal, the team expected North to roll over and die, which is something they didn't oblige us with. They took the foot off the throat, and North, to their credit, took advantage of that. North have heart, just lack the quality to finish it all off.

Watched a replay now, this was not as bad as it has been made out to be. North had a touch of luck in the patch half-way through the second which brought them back into the game. They also got pretty desperate—as they should have been from the start, something that we did not see our side do until it became necessary—half way through the 3rd. Their skills with the ball were pretty ordinary, but their commitment and pressure post 1/4 time was good. It seemed that around the Puopolo goal, the team expected North to roll over and die, which is something they didn't oblige us with. They took the foot off the throat, and North, to their credit, took advantage of that. North have heart, just lack the quality to finish it all off.
Probably had it put to them at quarter time that even though the chance of a win was gone there was still a great importance in not letting their percentage get too badly damaged with St Kilda and Melbourne snapping at their tail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - rip it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back