Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media narrative is interesting. Obviously it is all about Buddy and how can we stop the Bondi Billionaires.

Roughead has spent his career in Buddy's shadow and it continues even after Buddy has left the club. People are talking Franklin up as unstoppable and in career best form in 2014. His stats are:
21 games
75 goals
Ave 12 kicks, 5 handballs, 6 marks, 3 tackles

Meanwhile Rough's stats are:
22 games
70 goals
Ave 11 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks, 3 tackles

Not very different at all. Tippett averages 11 disposals and 2.5 goals per game. Gunston is 16 and 2.5 goals and Breust 15 disposal and 2.3 goals. And then maybe there is Rioli.

Strange that nobody is asking how they will stop our forwards. Roughead's form is pretty imposing right now too. Let's hope this is the game when he finally stamps himself as a champion of the game and is the dominant forward in a premiership.

What about that superstar Sam Reid ?

His 8 possessions 3 marks and 0.8 goals a game will be invaluable.

We seem to be really hard on Suckers - all my mates who watch/play football reckon he had a 8-9 out of 10 game on Saturday. Faded in the last as Port came at us (wasn't alone there) but was penetrating with his kicking and did quite well.
With Suckers, it seems that everyone's so critical of him because they don't like the type of player he is.

Can somebody explain to me why on earth we're underdogs?

We beat them just over a month ago at the MCG. With a significant amount of players out. Yes, they finished above us on the final ladder, but only by the slimmest percentage margin. Call me arrogant, but early signs seem really positive.

I can't wait to smash that AFL northern states marketing division. Right now, the only mob I hate more than the red and white are the red and black.

We beat them just over a month ago at the MCG. With a significant amount of players out. Yes, they finished above us on the final ladder, but only by the slimmest percentage margin. Call me arrogant, but early signs seem really positive.

I can't wait to smash that AFL northern states marketing division. Right now, the only mob I hate more than the red and white are the red and black.
Because they have been belting bottom 8 teams in the lead up to the finals. There loss to Hawthorn, Port and Richmond all outside Sydney in the second half of the season is completely irrelvant to judge form . . . Much better to judge them on wins over Bulldogs, St Kilda and GWS. Those wins over an injury depleted Freo and North Melbourne in Sydney was a demonstration of perfection . . . apparently . . .

What about that superstar Sam Reid ?

His 8 possessions 3 marks and 0.8 goals a game will be invaluable.

But his hands, OMG his hands. Those 3 marks a game just stick so well.

Hawks are the team best equipped to take on $wans forwards.

It's not fair to talk individual match ups, because hawks defend as a team (as do $wans) but I expect Lake to smash Tippett. With others being able to support each other on Franklin.

Goodes is past it, and Reid is just an overrated overpaid hack. I hope hawks don't give them too much respect because I can't see them winning the game with only input from these 2.

We're ****ed. Haven't you see this weeks instalment of the squiggle?

Love to see Goodes, Franklin, McVeigh and Hannebery feel the pain of big (legal) hits early on.
No good. Conclusively illegal hits ok. I don't care if we have to play box hill for first 5 rounds next year.

We're ******. Haven't you see this weeks instalment of the squiggle?
As much as I love the mighty Squig, I think I preferred last week's installment :(

However I will take comfort in the fact that we're right amongst the masses of premiership cups and the mighty moneybags are out there in defensive no man's land :p

Because they have been belting bottom 8 teams in the lead up to the finals. There loss to Hawthorn, Port and Richmond all outside Sydney in the second half of the season is completely irrelvant to judge form . . . Much better to judge them on wins over Bulldogs, St Kilda and GWS. Those wins over an injury depleted Freo and North Melbourne in Sydney was a demonstration of perfection . . . apparently . . .
They beat Port at Adelaide Oval - convincingly.

Did they? The Swans won by 28 points (although Port had lost 5 out of 7 in the lead up to that game)

Amongst those wins was a 3 point victory over the Melbourne FC

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/18/port-v-melb

However with respect to the Port Adelaide v Sydney game the stats tell of a much closer game:

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/20/port-v-syd

Scoring Shots: 24 to 23 Swans way
Clearances: 41 to 37 Port way
Inside 50's: 53 to 44 Swans way

Sydney consistently have a very high Inside 50 count (like Port) but are insipid in converting Inside 50's into scoring chances. Even when they get a scoring chance they convert at just 53% which is in the lowest quartile.

So much for the Bondi Billionaires!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of very simplistic media conjecture for this game - based on each teams game on weekend.
If North had pushed Sydney and made a game of it, I wonder how Sydney would be perceived this week. Not in the holier-than-thou perception they are atm.
We're underdogs - pressure is on them to win.
So be it.

Not the least bit worried about the media perception. In fact I embrace it.

There's nothing in it and we have unquantifiable motivation to win this and belief in our ability to do so.

The week after Collingwood beat Port :eek: which was the week after Melbourne ran port to 3 points :eek::eek: which was the week after Richmond beat Port by 3 goals :eek::eek::eek: which is the week after Essendon beat Port :oops: which the week after Adelaide convincingly beat Port :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

In would not take much out of that game.

HAWKERS, here it is, our chance to go b2b, dont worry about the prelim form we still have a lot to give.

All starts in the middle, we win the clearances and pressure the swans backman they shit there pants. When there mifield is killing it they look like champions.

We have to take our opportunity, if it was up to me Rioli plays and Mc evoy. Ill be telling mc evoy this is why we got you do the club, stand and deliver mate.

Got to kick straight and got to get a good start, FFS we have been so slow in our starts but it may change this week.

PS: Hodgey 250, lets not leave anything in the tank and lets win it for this LEGEND.

Yes you are right. That is good form!!

The five weeks leading up to the Port Adelaide v Sydney round 20 game included:

Adelaide def. PA by 23 points (Adelaide)
Essendon def. PA by 3 points (Adelaide)
Richmond def. PA by 20 points
PA def. Melbourne by 3 points (Adelaide)
Collingwood def. PA by 6 points
Sydney def. PA by 28 points (Adelaide)

followed by
Gold Coast def. PA by 8 points

After the Gold Coast game Port really found their straps rolling Carlton by 103 points, going down to Fremantle by 9 points in a game they should have won, smashing the Tiges by 73 points, Dockers by 22 points and falling to us by 3 points.

Make of that what you will...

How much will the loss of 2012 be used as added motivation??

On top of that, you have the Buddy Franklin saga.

I don't think it's going to be friendly out there on Saturday, when was the last GF where a malee broke out?

The reason you poor sad little twat is it's an opinion, but hey you can't argue against an opinion can you *******, even though you will always try.

What truly is mind boggling is you telling everybody for months that shoe is/was/has been our best defender this year and providing bullshit stats to back it up. Who watches footy with some idea of what is truly going on?

I have nothing but utter contempt for you and your bullshit stats and the crap you speak, just to make it completely clear. But even something written as clear as that is something you will try and argue against.

What now? crawl to the mods again like last time because you're in the circle jerk??

Embarrassing yourself mate.

How about we all just enjoy the week instead of carrying on like a pork chop?

How much will the loss of 2012 be used as added motivation??

On top of that, you have the Buddy Franklin saga.

I don't think it's going to be friendly out there on Saturday, when was the last GF where a malee broke out?

2012 is what interests me the most...sadly I think 2013 will nullify that advantage.

HAWKERS, here it is, our chance to go b2b, dont worry about the prelim form we still have a lot to give.

This times 1 million. One thing I have noted throughout the season is that whenever we've played a poor game, or a game not up to our standards, we have NEVER continued that form into the next game. Perfect timing to get it out the way just before the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back