AFL Fixture 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I was gonna say will the tassie celebration game be a night one but then will the afl be burnt again after the north game 🤣

Out of curiosity, since equalisation measures have been implemented, how come all team's aren't provided with equal prime-time slots?

If Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond and Carlton are provided 'x' times more prime-time slots than the rest of the competition, year-after-year; does this not present an inequitable advantage to these teams?

i.e. greater club exposure, higher memberships, higher crowd attendances, greater realised income, etc - compounded yoy!

Out of curiosity, since equalisation measures have been implemented, how come all team's aren't provided with equal prime-time slots?

If Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond and Carlton are provided 'x' times more prime-time slots than the rest of the competition, year-after-year; does this not present an inequitable advantage to these teams?

i.e. greater club exposure, higher memberships, higher crowd attendances, greater realised income, etc - compounded yoy!
To be fair, Carlton were off broadway for a few years from 2015. Even played games in Launceston (against us). There is no conspiracy against Hawthorn or other big clubs.

The last few years of Clarkson absolutely ruined our brand - we didn't kick more than 13 goals in a game for about 3 years

I was gonna say will the tassie celebration game be a night one but then will the afl be burnt again after the north game 🤣

If we want to be prime time we need to bring a four Tassie back to Melbourne ASAP. Anywhere else is the graveyard slot.

And we (the fans) will get criticised for not attending the matches.
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think you are picking up what TD is putting down.
He’s saying we will likely play Rnd 0 against 1 of the Northern State sides in their city

Likely to be either Syd or GC

Yeah my sleep deprived week clearly caught up with me, I thought it meant an opener vs Essendon only didn't consider we might get an away game first up - play on TD.

As I said on the other thread regarding Thursday night games - only on Bigfooty Hawks could you get handwringing over the lack of prime time slots and then get hand wringing at the proposition of getting multiple prime time slots.

Not really the right take. People want prime time slots they can attend. Thursday nights aint it.

Perfectly fine take for mine. For the past few years multiple posters have been complaining about our lack of prime time games. Now it looks like we might get them some posters can't wait to complain about Thursday night games. I get the whole point of the internet is often a spleen venting space.

Sunday 1PM games work the best for my personal life - do I want the club to play in that timeslot every home game? No - because the good of the club extends beyond my personal wants. Thursday nights draw good ratings, will bring eyeballs on the club and attracts sponsors. If the AFL/7 want to give us a swag of them then I'm all for it.

Just do the right thing and get to as many Thursdays as you can. If it was rd 22 Thursday night v Collingwood with a chance to lock a spot in the 4 you’d find a way to get there. 20,000 people found a way to drive to Adelaide for a Friday night final, we can do it

Just do the right thing and get to as many Thursdays as you can. If it was rd 22 Thursday night v Collingwood with a chance to lock a spot in the 4 you’d find a way to get there. 20,000 people found a way to drive to Adelaide for a Friday night final, we can do it
Not everyone works 9 to 5

I’d be looking for a new job if i continually took Thursday/Fridays off to go to the footy

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Fixture 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back