List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of fans are happy that no player asked for trade but from a list regeneration and asset value recycling POV, this was not ideal for the club.

Players who play in positions we are overstocked in & we think won't make it long term but who still show some potential should be encouraged to seek trade, so we can convert them to late picks, bundle them up in FS/Academy trades to trade up or future picks

Ideal to recycle value over to current or future drafts.

Lot of fans are happy that no player asked for trade but from a list regeneration and asset value recycling POV, this was not ideal for the club.

Players who play in positions we are overstocked in & we think won't make it long term but who still show some potential should be encouraged to seek trade, so we can convert them to late picks, bundle them up in FS/Academy trades to trade up or future picks

If there are any players we think won't make it, we will tell them to seek other options.

If not...They're called depth, and you need them to win a flag.

We're no longer in "JUST GET KID!" phase...we want experience and options in every position, if we want to win a flag.

Agree. Must always be moving. Keep the list fresh.

A few other fans are more invested in the future and draft picks rather than current performance.

The club obviously explored some trade options however found that it was better to keep said players as depth than to trade them for less than what the club thinks they are worth.

List regeneration is what Richmond and WCE are doing. We r passed that stage mostly we r trying to get prime assets. Assets that help us now more than regeneration. The list team balance that the best. Losing all our depth fir draft picks is not conducive to us challenging

List regeneration POV?

In the previous three off seasons we cut / traded 9 + 11 + 10 players. Total of 30.

Now we have cut Wingard, DGB, Phillips, Tucker, Stephens & JOS.

So that’s 36 players in 4 seasons….

How much more “regeneration” did we need?

this is my 1000 post so big shout out to the mod’s, ITK’s and all the posters on BigFooty.com, from the thoughtful to the random. Loads of fun, thanks to all.
You're welcome. I'd like to thank Nigel my pet Budgerigar; Chantelle, my neighbour's dog-walker's hairdresser; and Shankar, my uber driver.

My own best 22:

Barrass Frost Battle
Impey Amon Hardwick

Mass Newk Weddle

Ginni Moore Wizard
Sicily Chol Mcdonald

Meek Worpel Day

Bench - Nash, Frenchy, Scrim , Calsher
Sub - Gunner/Bruest/Ward (depending on the game)

Lewis (Can he come back or just give him 2025 off)
Reeves (Needs to get the dog in him back) (Maybe need to find a ruck in the draft)
CJ (Maybe traded at ended of 2025?)
Gunners (Good leadership for Calsher) (Look to replace in draft this year)
Bruest (Leadership for small forwards)
Ward (Think he will make it in the team, showed positive signs at end of season)
McCabe (Has great players to develop around, give him 2-3 years in VFL)
Serong (Developing nicely 2-3 years in VFL or can see a club coming in for him end of 2025)
Butler (Has potential, would keep around with truest last season)
Finn (May look for opportunities end of 2025)
Blank (Will come in for injury down back, great back up)
Ramadan (Delisted end of 2025?)
Mitchell (Could seek further opportunities end of 2025)
Hustwaite (Could seek further opportunities end of 2025) (Draft another mid)
Morrison (Could seek further opportunities end of 2025)

2025:
Free agents to go after: Cam Rayner, Andrew Brayshaw and Luke Davies-Uniacke

Re-sign Worpel (have a feeling (rumour) of him heading back to Geelong)

The comp is so even I reckon going into 2025 as strong as possible is a reasonable gamble

We have kept Gunston and bruest to this end. Can renew full on as they retire

Going to be tough to break in
Other than this recent injury I can’t recall Bennetts missing a lot but maybe I’m wrong. I don’t think he makes it as he’s not damaging enough but as Cat B he’s a free hit. Butler is being played out of position. He may not make it with us or at all but he’s not a small forward. Having small forwards might help him his only chance with us is higher up the ground where he can use his strengths. Butler is a bit like Black Caviar only in that he cruises at a high speed but doesn’t have that zip of a Watson for example. He needs ground in front to run his opponent into the ground over the course of a match.

So who are these players who the list managers at the club believe will not make it long term but who have nonetheless been retained?

List regeneration POV?

In the previous three off seasons we cut / traded 9 + 11 + 10 players. Total of 30.

Now we have cut Wingard, DGB, Phillips, Tucker, Stephens & JOS.

So that’s 36 players in 4 seasons….

How much more “regeneration” did we need?
Home Run Mets GIF by SNY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back