News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cut throat industry, never going to earn like they do, again. Most on here would become ‘yes men’ to preserve 500k a year.

I think what you've just stated there is the worst thing I can imagine being accused of.
That you would think that the indigenous players at our Club would sell eachother out, regarding their true feelings of whether the HFC fosters a racist environment - for a paycheck, is frankly disgusting.
Far, far far far worse than much of what has been alleged to have been said by Clarko and Fagan and Burt.

I'm actually dumbfounded you would make such an argument.
If what you say is true, they're not the kind of human beings I'd be proud to know or associate with.

Oh, Cyril making me far more than unhappy.
I'm heartbroken for him, the Club, and its supporters.
I'm desperate to hear their truth.
Let the world know I say.

Edit:

Oh, and you absolute tosser.
From Merriam to your ears.
Though I'm sure you'll reach out to them requesting they find an indigenous person in their lives to hear the truth of the matter....

indigenous adjective​

Indigenous or less commonly indigenous: of or relating to the earliest known inhabitants of a place and especially of a place that was colonized by a now-dominant group
Another flinch, I’m here all night champ.

Always capitalise 'Indigenous', ‘First Nations’, 'Aboriginal' and ‘Torres Strait Islander’ when you're referring to Indigenous Australians, but not when you are referring generically to the original inhabitants of other continents.

Another flinch, I’m here all night champ.

Always capitalise 'Indigenous', ‘First Nations’, 'Aboriginal' and ‘Torres Strait Islander’ when you're referring to Indigenous Australians, but not when you are referring generically to the original inhabitants of other continents.

I'm not in Australia, lose-so-well.
And generic, I am being.

I think what you've just stated there is the worst thing I can imagine being accused of.
That you would think that the indigenous players at our Club would sell eachother out, regarding their true feelings of whether the HFC fosters a racist environment - for a paycheck, is frankly disgusting.
Far, far far far worse than much of what has been alleged to have been said by Clarko and Fagan and Burt.

I'm actually dumbfounded you would make such an argument.
If what you say is true, they're not the kind of human beings I'd be proud to know or associate with.
You fail nuance, you are a champion of reading into things for the rage.

Stop reading what I wrote, start listening to your heroes properly.

Keep flinching. Good night now. 😴

I'm not in Australia, lose-so-well.
And generic, I am being.
Nope…

Flincher said “You think Impey came to us because the other indigenous boys before him told him we had a shit culture for our Aboriginal players?”

Last edited:
Nope…

Flincher said “You think Impey came to us because the other indigenous boys before him told him we had a shit culture for our Aboriginal players?”

That's correct dropkick.
Because there is no one Indigenous people of Australia.
But there ARE at least two indigenous groups who have lived on this land for 40,000 plus years, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, arriving at different times and living within distinct social groups, and I wouldn't do a disservice to them to pretend that they are all one.

That's correct dropkick.
Because there is no one Indigenous people of Australia.
But there ARE at least two indigenous groups who have lived on this land for 40,000 plus years, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, arriving at different times and living within distinct social groups, and I wouldn't do a disservice to them to pretend that they are all one.
Always

Not wanting to fan the flame in any way here (so don't reply if you're going to be insensitive), but just seeking a reminder as to whether it was predominantly Kennett's dickhead, churlish remarks to his wife that has led Cyril down this path (and him seeking financial reimbursement for loss of income for retiring prematurely), or were there other issues too?

Also do we know if he, Bateman, Burgoyne, Hill were aware of the complaints from other players at the time?

Good to have you back. My tagger!

🤣

Tagger? More like street sweeper. You never respond to a challenge, instead moving on to a new point acting as if the last was never made.

Let’s say this court action results in the same result as the AFL’s assessment and the long list of Aboriginal players who say the club is great (ignoring for the moment that you think they are moral cowards) and concludes there is no there case to answer. Do you accept that outcome and change your mind on the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not wanting to fan the flame in any way here (so don't reply if you're going to be insensitive), but just seeking a reminder as to whether it was predominantly Kennett's dickhead, churlish remarks to his wife that has led Cyril down this path (and him seeking financial reimbursement for loss of income for retiring prematurely), or were there other issues too?

Also do we know if he, Bateman, Burgoyne, Hill were aware of the complaints from other players at the time?
Other issues too.

The second question is problematic to answer for reasons that will become clear when the statement of claim gets leaked to Robbo

Kennett wasn’t named as an issue in report, including that incident. And I would be amazed that anyone interested in the club was unaware of it with the repeat media mentions it generated.

Tagger? More like street sweeper. You never respond to a challenge, instead moving on to a new point acting as if the last was never made.

Let’s say this court action results in the same result as the AFL’s assessment and the long list of Aboriginal players who say the club is great (ignoring for the moment that you think they are moral cowards) and concludes there is no there case to answer. Do you accept that outcome and change your mind on the club?
I’ve just been arguing for a page!

This isn’t a challenge, this is deep damage to people and families of which is on my mind when I write. I am not them but putting myself in their shoes as they ask non-Indigenous people to do.

AFLs performance wrapped up by Christmas? The one that the families didn’t want to be part of? The one that swiftly concluded out of nowhere? The one before a HRC sitting and now FC lodgement?

If the families get a chance, with their witnesses, I look forward to it.

As I have said, I have heard in great detail what was done. I could see the hurt, that continues. What more do you want me to say. You say I make things up, I was in disbelief. I met a few non-Indigenous players with accounts of the club that shouldn’t happen anywhere. Yes, if that comes out and is seen differently I see it as unjust. One coach has come out already regretting he didn’t do more.

Do you need to be a reply guy to all my posts? Flinch is my new friend and I think it was hard way said I make stuff up. Can the three of you block me? If you don’t know a range of Indigenous people, get to know them and don’t be deterred by their caution.

Kennett’s comments were a problem. Caro wrote about that one I think.

I’ve just been arguing for a page!

This isn’t a challenge, this is deep damage to people and families of which is on my mind when I write. I am not them but putting myself in their shoes as they ask non-Indigenous people to do.

AFLs performance wrapped up by Christmas? The one that the families didn’t want to be part of? The one that swiftly concluded out of nowhere? The one before a HRC sitting and now FC lodgement?

If the families get a chance, with their witnesses, I look forward to it.

As I have said, I have heard in great detail what was done. I could see the hurt, that continues. What more do you want me to say. You say I make things up, I was in disbelief. I met a few non-Indigenous players with accounts of the club that shouldn’t happen anywhere. Yes, if that comes out and is seen differently I see it as unjust. One coach has come out already regretting he didn’t do more.

Do you need to be a reply guy to all my posts? Flinch is my new friend and I think it was hard way said I make stuff up. Can the three of you block me? If you don’t know a range of Indigenous people, get to know them and don’t be deterred by their caution.
No offense mate but you're pretty much load bearing at this point. If anyone was going to put you on ignore it'd collapse half the thread.

No offense mate but you're pretty much load bearing at this point. If anyone was going to put you on ignore it'd collapse half the thread.
Can’t recall if you are a hater but I’ll take this as a compliment.

I asked a mod if I could delete every post and my account, not that I regret a thing. Not as easy as I’d hoped. It would look cool if there were lots of people replying to no one. I think this board has great discussion, maybe a Hawk Headquarters carry over for the long timers.

I will try to pace myself as I imagine I’ve annoyed a mod. Apologies to all, especially my triple teamers - they are paid up members of my onlyfans. They don’t call him dog day for nothin. loves his DMs! As usual, just making it up!

Other issues too.

The second question is problematic to answer for reasons that will become clear when the statement of claim gets leaked to Robbo
what are the other issues? About Cyril, i mean. Scoured all the media reports and cant find any specifics

what are the other issues? About Cyril, i mean. Scoured all the media reports and cant find any specifics
Well there’s at least one incident mentioned in the Wilson article in early 2022 in which an Indigenous player has a racist slur said to him in discussing his partner. Rioli wasn’t there per the article but nonetheless raises it as an issue affecting him.

Is it possible that there is too much credence given to indigenous sensitivities?

No decent person is going to endorse flagrant racism but when a club and an entire competition is held to ransom and unable to dismiss a claim as baseless out of fear of the optics I think we have gone through the looking glass.

A bit of balance and sanity is required even if that is perceived by a minority as insensitive and even racist. Otherwise the majority will always be pandering to the tiny minority willing to use offence as a weapon.

Last edited:
Is it possible that there is too much credence given to indigenous sensitivities?

No decent person is going to endorse flagrant racism but when a club and an entire competition is held to ransom and unable to dismiss a claim as baseless out of fear of the optics I think we have gone through the looking glass.

A bit of balance and sanity it required even if that is perceived by a minority as insensitive and even racist. Otherwise the majority will always pandering to the tiny minority willing to use offense as a weapon.
No.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back