News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthews said fagan was accused of nodding. That isnt true. It is a straw man argument. He is being described as endorsing what was said by clarkson and burt. The accusations are against the club.

Can you point to me where Fagain isn't accused of nodding in the meeting?
And then the section where Fagan is specifically accused of endorsing what was allegedly said by Clarkson and Burt?
Because it appears you are now suggesting it is without dispute what was said in the meeting.

I don't look for strawmen where there is clearly stated fact.

Edit: Oh wait, I get it, you're playing the inference game. Aaaaand accusing me of creating false narratives to support an argument.....nicely done sir. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Correct, fagan’s title was head of coaching and development. The other person is not named as he was not a witness or perpetrator of the behaviour in question but he and other senior figures at the club at the time were responsible for ensuring their employees were acting in accordance with the responsibilities under the law and under the afl’s policies.

View attachment 2085025
NewkTheLot is Head of Coaching above or beside (at the lowest) the head coach? Fagan was an experienced football administrator at the time and if he was in the room, Burt as well, the opportunity to speak up was there.

I assume this other person is not in the Statement of Claim.

Last edited:
NewkTheLot is Head of Coaching above or beside (at the lowest) the head coach? Fagan was an experienced football administrator at the time and if he was in the room, Burt as well, the opportunity to speak up was there.

I assume this other person is not in the Statement of Claim.
I dont think it really matters. If you were in the room you were endorsing the behaviour. But for the record, i cant recall if he was senior or not at that time. It sounds like he was by the title.

Can you point to me where Fagain isn't accused of nodding in the meeting?
And then the section where Fagan is specifically accused of endorsing what was allegedly said by Clarkson and Burt?
Because it appears you are now suggesting it is without dispute what was said in the meeting.

I don't look for strawmen where there is clearly stated fact.

Edit: Oh wait, I get it, you're playing the inference game. Aaaaand accusing me of creating false narratives to support an argument.....nicely done sir. :rolleyes:
Fagan isnt the party they claims are being made against. The club are.

And i never accused you of creating a false narrative. I accused matthews of a strawman. Can i recommend you take a break from this thread? You are clearly on tilt for several days on end and are jumping at every shadow. People are trying to communicate to you in good faith and you are teeing off at everyone.

For the limited few interested in the progress of the court case rather than just re-stating their opinions that they’ve held for 2 years (on both sides) and who won’t be shifted from those opinions whatever happens:

1. Hawthorn’s defence due 20 September

2. Mediation by 22 November

3. If mediation unsuccessful, trial starts 2 June next year

For the limited few interested in the progress of the court case rather than just re-stating their opinions that they’ve held for 2 years (on both sides) and who won’t be shifted from those opinions whatever happens:

1. Hawthorn’s defence due 20 September

2. Mediation by 22 November

3. If mediation unsuccessful, trial starts 2 June next year
Grand final week. Juicy. Will the defence become publicly available?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back