Rumour Hawthorn "the family club" lets down families again

Remove this Banner Ad

not surprising really

“My son was absolutely heartbroken,” Vaissy, who’s son was slated to attend the clinic, told Jacqui Felgate.

“He was in tears most of the day and said it was the worst day of his life.”

🤣🤣🤣

Not seeing either of those two would have been the best day of mine.

I get the whole ‘we were all 21 once’ thing and we’ve all done it - gotten shitfaced and been too dysfunctional to attend work or something the next day but it’s your off season, you have nothing to do for a while yet, you WILL have more chances to get pissed with your teammates boys - surely you can call it quits at midnight/1am just this once and go and stand around for a few hours then sleep all afternoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most fit guys in in their early 20s can party to all hours, deal with a hangover and take care of business the next day on a regular basis.

Running a few kids through some drills and signing a few autographs shouldn't be too big an ask.

Turning up to a club connected event with things in your bloodstream might be far more problematic.

The fact that they pulled the pin so close to the event would be the thing most parents would be pissed off with. Kids would have been looking forward to it for weeks. Most of them would have been packed up and ready to go, if not already on their way. Only for the two ****wits to call in "sick" when Stevie Wonder could see that they are hungover.

To be fair it's whoever scheduled the clinic to be the day following a BnF should be at fault. Yes normal folks can turn up to work hungover and after a ski trip but they're athletes, public figures which would be even more scrutinised.

So better they didn't turn up at all.

“My son was absolutely heartbroken,” Vaissy, who’s son was slated to attend the clinic, told Jacqui Felgate.

“He was in tears most of the day and said it was the worst day of his life.”

🤣🤣🤣

Lost it at this. Buddy you’re 6 years old you don’t get to have a ‘worst day of your life’ yet lmao.

To be fair it's whoever scheduled the clinic to be the day following a BnF should be at fault. Yes normal folks can turn up to work hungover and after a ski trip but they're athletes, public figures which would be even more scrutinised.

Would depend, perhaps these players agreed to attend knowing what was on?

Maybe they were asked to not drink and behave themselves?

Last edited:

It's their business, they could have scheduled it for any other day. It's 100% on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Hawthorn "the family club" lets down families again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back