Rumour Hawthorn "the family club" lets down families again

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the whole ‘we were all 21 once’ thing and we’ve all done it - gotten shitfaced and been too dysfunctional to attend work or something the next day but it’s your off season, you have nothing to do for a while yet, you WILL have more chances to get pissed with your teammates boys - surely you can call it quits at midnight/1am just this once and go and stand around for a few hours then sleep all afternoon
Spot on. What a piss poor excuse. They've got months to get shitfaced now surely holding out for one night wouldn't have killed them

Ginnivan likes to think of himself as revitalising the larrikin and being a bit of a lad, but he's such a soft**** zoomer he can't even do four hours easy work for three grand.

Was going to ask the going rate for an appearance and just saw this post. 3 large is good work if you can get it.

Ginnivan has the potential to single handedly unravel all the good work and progress the hawks have made. If you’re gonna dish it up, take it when it comes back. If you’re gonna ask for the public to support a player, make sure he supports them back. If there’s a legitimate issue such as mental health, communicate it.

Spot on. What a piss poor excuse. They've got months to get shitfaced now surely holding out for one night wouldn't have killed them
Hold on hold on. Maybe they were there but because they are short arses they blended in with the kiddies and all the parents thought they were actually little tackers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To pin this on 'the club' is a bit much. Watson is 19 and I'd be more lenient with him, but Ginnivan is a flog, is in his 4th season (at a second club), and is a bad influence. I'd be looking more at him as an ongoing issue. Collingwood (McCrae) was right, Ginnivan doesn't read the room and thinks he's above that. I wish we didn't draft him. I see this as a bit of a parallel to the situation at Richmond years ago with Dan Connors and Dustin Martin.

Last edited:
You're one of those pedantic flogs who scans posts for irrelevant factual inaccuracies while completely missing the overall point. You must be fun at parties.

I disagree with your overall point too. Would I like 40 Jack Ginnivans on the list? Absolutely not. But he played a role in the joy, cheek and swagger that the team displayed as we rode the wave in the second half of the year. If you come in with a sledgehammer approach and knock all that out of him and others we will be worse for it. Sam is not going to let him cross the line repeatedly without consequence, nor will the other leaders in the forward line like Gunston and Breust. He is someone you have to take the bad and the good with - but to compare him to Daniel Connors is absolutely ridiculous.

You're one of those pedantic flogs who scans posts for irrelevant factual inaccuracies while completely missing the overall point. You must be fun at parties.

*Whilst

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Hawthorn "the family club" lets down families again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back