Rumour Hawthorn "the family club" lets down families again

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree with your overall point too. Would I like 40 Jack Ginnivans on the list? Absolutely not. But he played a role in the joy, cheek and swagger that the team displayed as we rode the wave in the second half of the year. If you come in with a sledgehammer approach and knock all that out of him and others we will be worse for it. Sam is not going to let him cross the line repeatedly without consequence, nor will the other leaders in the forward line like Gunston and Breust. He is someone you have to take the bad and the good with - but to compare him to Daniel Connors is absolutely ridiculous.
No one is saying to knock out the 'joy, cheek and swagger'. It's simply remembering your responsibilities and obligations and representing the club correctly. How you conflate the two is baffling. He brings verve on field, but clearly hasn't learned from the McCrae 'read the room' event.

To be fair it's whoever scheduled the clinic to be the day following a BnF should be at fault. Yes normal folks can turn up to work hungover and after a ski trip but they're athletes, public figures which would be even more scrutinised.

So better they didn't turn up at all.

It's not better that they didn't turn up. I remember going to footy clinics when I was a tacker and I don't recall thinking "Geez, SOS's skills are really sharp" or "Looks like Biddiscombe's ready to establish himself in the firsts, if his form in Handball Hotshots is anything to go by."

The kids would have been happy enough to get a hello, a photo and a poxy group selfie with the players. They probably could have done the whole thing with sunglasses on and a coffee in one hand. But they couldn't be arsed, even though it was their own venture to make a quid.

I get the whole ‘we were all 21 once’ thing and we’ve all done it - gotten shitfaced and been too dysfunctional to attend work or something the next day but it’s your off season, you have nothing to do for a while yet, you WILL have more chances to get pissed with your teammates boys - surely you can call it quits at midnight/1am just this once and go and stand around for a few hours then sleep all afternoon
Ginnivan is 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Hawthorn "the family club" lets down families again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back