Hawthorn the new chokers tag fits around their neck comfortably! *Bumped*

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong have finally given up the chokers tag winning a flag by a record 119 pts and slaying the competition all season.

Who has taken up where we left off? None other than the 'boner' bona fide choking 'smoking' hawks.

Lost to North in the finals....ummm...gee how did the Roos go in their two other finals' matches?

The hawks choked and gagged...and choked some more.

Choke all pre season dawks...loser culture...loser mentality...loser supporters.

Some good sh1t stuff though down at waverley park there if you got the cash though...:thumbsu:...just watch out for 'ice'bergs...its pretty cold at waverley...

Re: Hawthorn the new chokers tag fits around their neck comfortably!

Hawthorns Culture, as summarised Below

two_heads.jpg

Geelong have finally given up the chokers tag winning a flag by a record 119 pts and slaying the competition all season.

Who has taken up where we left off? None other than the 'boner' bona fide choking 'smoking' hawks.

Lost to North in the finals....ummm...gee how did the Roos go in their two other finals' matches?

Choke all pre season dawks...loser culture...loser mentality...loser supporters.

Some good sh1t stuff though down at waverley park there if you got the cash though...:thumbsu:...just watch out for 'ice'bergs...its pretty cold at waverley...

They were kids, most of them still high after winning a thriller in their first ever final.
Wouldn't call it choking, we were never expected to go this far, either were North to be fair. The quality of the game showed that neither team were up to it but were there anyway because the quality of the field this year was pretty rubbish. Is that choking? Do you think your tag will stick?

Good to see a Cats fan showing some class and humility though...:rolleyes:

They were kids, most of them still high after winning a thriller in their first ever final.
Wouldn't call it choking, we were never expected to go this far, either were North to be fair. The quality of the game showed that neither team were up to it but were there anyway because the quality of the field this year was pretty rubbish. Is that choking? Do you think your tag will stick?

Somebody had to make the 8 this year...hawthorn were up to it...the rest is history.

choking 'smoking' hawks....that tag will stick...;)

As for humility...everyone knows the hawk supporters on here have a fixation with the cat supporters. Do you want bay 13 turned into a purely hawthorn board...or can we all join in the fun too?

Yep, Hawthorn have been gracious losers. :rolleyes:
Ok all cats fans..
I cant be f***ed reading up on all this how good we are monkey piss..
Someone with half a brain, tell me what the cats did differently in 07 compared to 06.. I also think that you had a lucky run this year, just like in poker, when you're on a rush everything goes your way..
Now someone tell in no more than 50 words what was different this year from last?
What Harley didnt tear his hamstring trying to run down Buddy?
Give me something that will convince me that you guys didnt fluke this year!

Ok all cats fans..
Someone with half a brain, tell me what the cats did differently in 07 compared to 06.. I also think that you had a lucky run this year, just like in poker, when you're on a rush everything goes your way..
Now someone tell in no more than 50 words what was different this year from last?

18 wins plus straight set finals series...GF by 119 pts!

If you need any more...go see a mental health professional.

Ok all cats fans..

Bomber Thompson stopped shagging the help for starters. It makes all the difference in the world when your senior coach is actually concentrating on his job instead of playing "hide the cocktail frankfurt" with the club receptionist.

Read the question twit!!!
What has changed in one year..
You didnt win 18 games last year..

You talk about luck....thats the premise of the question. Cant even understand the notion of your own question dumb arse....

No luck here moron thats the answer...no valid question either...stop making a d1ckhead out of yourself. Many things changed, everyone knows that except you. It was the most extensive review ever carried out by a footy club...you were just on Mars where you belong when it was being carried out last year.

Pun intended? :p

Pun intended? :p

Actually it wasn't!:)

Dude I've seen how many ungracious Hawks supporters on here yeah, but there are also a heap of boards started by supporters looking to bag the Hawks out. You're not helping.

If some supporters are being ungracious (not just Hawks) be the bigger man and turn the computer off and watch the replay of the Granny again.

We are not and will not be seen as chokers. If we miss finals next yr or stuff up the 2009 season then come back to me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We may have lost but were not defeated. Theres more oppurtunities to win a flag, and Geelong choked in round 4 to hawthorn so I dont know what you are saying. We will win a premiership and I think essensdon supporters should get lost becuase you didnt even play finals. We came 5th which was a great achievement for us but we dont go around with our fingers up our asses like all you Geelong supporters...you are obsessed with hawthorn.

We may have lost but were not defeated. Theres more oppurtunities to win a flag, and Geelong choked in round 4 to hawthorn so I dont know what you are saying. We will win a premiership and I think essensdon supporters should get lost becuase you didnt even play finals. We came 5th which was a great achievement for us but we dont go around with our fingers up our asses like all you Geelong supporters...you are obsessed with hawthorn.

You ARE defeated...you ARE beaten for 2007. We beat you to the flag, we won...we being us Geelong.

We are the REIGNING Premiers...;)

Actually it wasn't!:)

Dude I've seen how many ungracious Hawks supporters on here yeah, but there are also a heap of boards started by supporters looking to bag the Hawks out. You're not helping.

If some supporters are being ungracious (not just Hawks) be the bigger man and turn the computer off and watch the replay of the Granny again.

We are not and will not be seen as chokers. If we miss finals next yr or stuff up the 2009 season then come back to me!

I agree with you about all the ungracious Hawks supporters on here, but without counting, I think there would be more boards from Hawks fans bagging opposition teams than vice versa. Certainly seems that way.

The thing that really irritates the crap out of me is people saying that the only reason Geelong won the flag is because it was a "weak season". What a load of crap. There are factors and variables that happen every season where someone can look back and say "if x didn't happen to y, then z would never have won the flag." Why do people always talk about 'premiership windows' and the like? Teams need to build up for tilts at premierships, and true, to win a flag takes some luck, but most of it is due to a lot of planning and blood, sweat and tears.

The current Geelong list has only 5 players on it who started their career at Geelong before Mark Thompson took over as coach in 2000. That means Bomber has hand picked 33 players, or 87% of the list, and has never had a pick higher than number 7 at his disposal. Yes, we have had a few father/son picks in the last eight years, but then too have most other clubs. Is it Geelong's fault that such a rule exists, and that we have abided by it?

During his time at the helm, Geelong have never finished in the bottom four in the league, have competed in finals 4 of the 8 seasons Bomber has been there, and won 5 of the 9 finals they have been in, and lost three of them by less than 10 points.

Yes we had a diabolical 2006 season, but in retrospect, if it wasn't for last year, we would never have had such a good season in 2007. If it wasn't for 2006, the review would never have taken place, the coaching and fitness staff would not have been overhauled, and we would have gone on and on doing what we had for the last 44 years and wondering why we were never going anywhere.

Yes, West Coast had a lot of injuries in 2007, and other clubs who were seen as contenders didn't perform as well as predicted, but really, was any of that Geelong's fault? You have to take your chances when they present themselves, Geelong did that this year, and now we're being lambasted for it.

I can't remember this many threads last year saying that West Coast were lucky they won the flag because Adelaide suffered injuries at the business end of the year, or one or two other teams who were expected to compete for the flag were crap.

I find it funny that most of these threads are created by the supporters of one team....Hawthorn. A team that could have had a shot at us in the first final if they weren't thrashed in the final round of the season. Maybe that's what really gnaws at them deep, deep down. The fact they could've had a crack at us in the finals if they had performed better in Round 22, but wilted at the last hurdle.

1 brilliant win + 1 loss (against a team which had tanked the week before)doesn't equal a choke.

I think we can safely reserve the tag of choke for just one, special club.

kangaroo-laying3.jpg

1 brilliant win + 1 loss (against a team which had tanked the week before)doesn't equal a choke.

I think we can safely reserve the tag of choke for just one, special club.

kangaroo-laying3.jpg

North were uncompetitive in the finals. Hawthorn choked...deal with it or continue to look like fragile little easy beats in the playground.

Hawthorn choked.

Hawthorn choked.

...we are the reigning premiers. na na na...you know the rest. Suck it up hawks.

I agree with you about all the ungracious Hawks supporters on here, but without counting, I think there would be more boards from Hawks fans bagging opposition teams than vice versa. Certainly seems that way.

The thing that really irritates the crap out of me is people saying that the only reason Geelong won the flag is because it was a "weak season". What a load of crap. There are factors and variables that happen every season where someone can look back and say "if x didn't happen to y, then z would never have won the flag." Why do people always talk about 'premiership windows' and the like? Teams need to build up for tilts at premierships, and true, to win a flag takes some luck, but most of it is due to a lot of planning and blood, sweat and tears.

The current Geelong list has only 5 players on it who started their career at Geelong before Mark Thompson took over as coach in 2000. That means Bomber has hand picked 33 players, or 87% of the list, and has never had a pick higher than number 7 at his disposal. Yes, we have had a few father/son picks in the last eight years, but then too have most other clubs. Is it Geelong's fault that such a rule exists, and that we have abided by it?

During his time at the helm, Geelong have never finished in the bottom four in the league, have competed in finals 4 of the 8 seasons Bomber has been there, and won 5 of the 9 finals they have been in, and lost three of them by less than 10 points.

Yes we had a diabolical 2006 season, but in retrospect, if it wasn't for last year, we would never have had such a good season in 2007. If it wasn't for 2006, the review would never have taken place, the coaching and fitness staff would not have been overhauled, and we would have gone on and on doing what we had for the last 44 years and wondering why we were never going anywhere.

Yes, West Coast had a lot of injuries in 2007, and other clubs who were seen as contenders didn't perform as well as predicted, but really, was any of that Geelong's fault? You have to take your chances when they present themselves, Geelong did that this year, and now we're being lambasted for it.

I can't remember this many threads last year saying that West Coast were lucky they won the flag because Adelaide suffered injuries at the business end of the year, or one or two other teams who were expected to compete for the flag were crap.

I find it funny that most of these threads are created by the supporters of one team....Hawthorn. A team that could have had a shot at us in the first final if they weren't thrashed in the final round of the season. Maybe that's what really gnaws at them deep, deep down. The fact they could've had a crack at us in the finals if they had performed better in Round 22, but wilted at the last hurdle.

Good post. :thumbsu:Thats a lot more gracious and informed than the cr*p that Geelong_crazy26 spouts out in between jerking off over his mums bra.

I agree with everything you say there. They have building for this season for a couple of years and I have no doubt that choking last year made them even hungrier.

Im not sure about the last paragraph though, i think its a vicious circle the Hawks v the rest on this forum and nobody knows how it started, but for every thread started by a hawks fan there is another started bagging us.

I will admit that I am hurting at a missed chance, there is something about geelong hawks games that seems to fall our way every time. Saying that, Im glad we didnt play you coz you prob would have flogged us!!! Bring on next year!

North were uncompetitive in the finals. Hawthorn choked...deal with it or continue to look like fragile little easy beats in the playground.

Hawthorn choked.

Hawthorn choked.

You keep saying that dude, but did you think we would cause any problems?

If you didn't then we didn't choke, we were merely making up the numbers.

LOL i think you guys have forgotton your history

Geelong - 5 grand finals since '91, 1 win

Hawthorn - 1 grand final since 91, 1 win

Let nothing take away the fact that your win this year was very impressive, But lets not get silly. You reversed your habit of choking annually and i applaud it, But dont forget your past

By the way, as an emerging side not tipped to make the 8 and push for success for at least a few years yet, i reckon a semi final isn't such a bad thing. Hardly " choking " i would say

I think cats fans are just pissed because amid the premiership celebrations they realise that the Hawthorn footy club are the one team that they havent triumphed over yet in their "new dynasty". Argue, complain, whinge, state " If we played you again it would be 15 goals + etc etc" all you want, but its true. Congrats on the silverware, But you will have to wait till next year until you have a chance to once again claim dominance over us

Hawthorn choked.

Hawthorn choked.

...we are the reigning premiers. na na na...you know the rest. Suck it up hawks.

Let's give you a bit of a history lesson son.

2nd Qualifying Final; Roos tank against Cats to prolong season.

1st Elimination Final; Hawks battle it out and win a brilliant game against one of the in-form teams of the AFL.

2nd Semi-Final; Roos get over Hawthorn, refreshed after having a week off against Geelong.

2nd Preliminary Final; Roos get shown for what they truly are against the Power: a disgrace and a blight on the competition.

Btw, good to see maturity comes with age. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn the new chokers tag fits around their neck comfortably! *Bumped*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back