Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that’s the difference between successful sides to unsuccessful sides. With clubs like Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney, it’s not really where the players were picked, but more along the lines of what the players can do in the team.

With the less successful sides, it’s based more on player reputation from where they were picked, past performance and expectation. So it’s more individualistic than team. Carlton has been a prime example of this mentality for a long time.
Also, we have a lot of youngsters who tend to get absolutely zero fanfare or recognition, despite their obvious talent.

Weddle was doing amazing things last year and when his name was put up as a future A grader by myself and others, we were laughed it. MacKenzie another.
Now, not so much.

Chadwiko has to be the simultaneously the most yappy poster on Bigfooty and then oddly goes the most silent in the same threads.

They put a lot of money of Hawthorn not winning 8 games this year. Sportsbet must be happy.

Also, we have a lot of youngsters who tend to get absolutely zero fanfare or recognition, despite their obvious talent.

Weddle was doing amazing things last year and when his name was put up as a future A grader by myself and others, we were laughed it. MacKenzie another.
Now, not so much.

Most teams supporters would love Weddle in their side. Mackenzie is solid and reliable. Add in MacDonald from last year, who is also influential and potentially another player that is becoming A grade.

Add in Watson and Dear from this draft, they both also have the potential to be A grade.

A year in review for the great Chadwiko

Unlike West Coast or Hawthorn, at least North have demonstrated improvement this preseason.

1724479414032.png

1724479421536.png

And you're confident that Hawthorn will beat NMFC twice?
Below is how I project the season for both teams. I assume you'll disagree and that's fine.

WIN/LOSS projections - projected wins in bold

NMFC:

at GWS
vs FRE
vs CAR
vs BRIS (SA)
at GEE
vs HAW
vs ADL (TAS)
at STK
at GCS (NT)
at ESS
vs PA (TAS)
at WCE
vs COLL
at MEL
vs WBD
vs GCS
at SYD
at CAR
vs GEE (TAS)
vs RICH
vs WCE

at WBD
at HAW (TAS)

HAWTHORN:
at ESS
vs MEL
vs GEE
at COLL (SA)
at GCS
at NMFC
vs SYD
at WBD
vs STK (TAS)
at PA
vs BRIS
vs ADL
vs GWS (TAS)
at RICH
at WCE

at GEE
vs FRE (TAS)
vs COLL
at ADL
at GWS
at CAR
vs RICH
vs NMFC
(TAS)

A few wins short of that 8 win season eh Chadwiko ;)

To be fair it appears I was well off my predictions of how many Hawthorn wins we would see this season. Seems we were both off significantly.

Enjoy September

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Attachments

• 1724479373214.png
    1724479373214.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 1724479393208.png
    1724479393208.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 29
“This is their bottom out year”.

Laughter Laughing GIF

To be fair I've been calling for the Geelong cliff for the last decade.

Maybe one day Chadwiko will call it correctly.

He's been trying to manifest it into reality the last few years.

To be fair I've been calling for the Geelong cliff for the last decade.

Maybe one day Chadwiko will call it correctly.

He's been trying to manifest it into reality the last few years.

Rent free.

No. My account is worth more than yours. 2021? Ew.

Also... I've essentially already got real money riding that very scenario at Sportsbet. I've posted about it in this thread but a mod keeps deleting it saying we can't talk about gambling here.

But Hawks under 8.5 into North over 5.5 for a nice tidy little pay day should it eventuate. :)

Hope it was only fun money.

Gamble responsibly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's my bold prediction. I'm either going to look like a genius or fall completely flat on my face. Then again they could just miss out so not all doom and gloom:p

There's usually one surprise team that steps up. Last year we had Saints, Blues, Giants, Port in the 8 as opposed to the year before granted these teams had been lurking for a few years though appearing in finals or just missing out. Except for the Blues but they did go close in 2022 and should have participated in September.

The thing that I like about the Hawks is they have that intensity about them. They're bold. They take risks and they have young talent. They take the game on. They're emerging. I feel they and The Blues are going to have a serious say in the comp for a while to come and although Carlton have already established themselves I just got a feel about the Hawkers. You could see it last season already how they beat both Grand Finalists and pushed The Dees and The Giants.

Seven wins last season, I reckon at worst they go 9-13. Should get at least 11 but if there's on surprise team in 2024, surely it's The Hawks?

That's my bold prediction. My boldy is The Brown and Goldy so I'm on The Hawkers for the new up and coming youngsters in 2024!
Genius.

Love what the Hawks have done.

The big question is how their young players will perform in sudden death finals. It's very conceivable that players will clam up in a sudden death game - too afraid to take the risks that have made them so entertaining during the H&A.

Kudos to Sam Mitchell - coach of the year in 2024.

Love what the Hawks have done.

The big question is how their young players will perform in sudden death finals. It's very conceivable that players will clam up in a sudden death game - too afraid to take the risks that have made them so entertaining during the H&A.

Kudos to Sam Mitchell - coach of the year in 2024.
They’ve been playing sudden death finals for about 7 weeks

It's a very Carlton 2023 type season by Hawthorn this year.

A prelim should be the aim.

No side is playing better footy the past 2 months.

Premiership or bust now

Reload for next year if they lose orrrrr RELOAD and get ready to NOT do a Geelong/Collingwood and go for back to back flags :p :D :D :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back