Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Port and Bulldogs winning today would be the main obstacle to a Hawthorn flag.

Geelong will lose their QF against Port but would be a 55/45 chance to knockout their 2024 bunnies in a semi final.

Otherwise, Hawthorn will likely beat the loser of GWS/Port and then Sydney. A home GF against the winner of Port/GWS from week 1 would then be a 2015 style walk in the park.

Geelong will lose their QF against Port but would be a 55/45 chance to knockout their 2024 bunnies in a semi final.

Otherwise, Hawthorn will likely beat the loser of GWS/Port and then Sydney. A home GF against the winner of Port/GWS from week 1 would then be a 2015 style walk in the park.
I so hope you’re right. Even if it doesn’t pan out that way, it’s looking like a strong chance of another decade with a flag. That would be at least one flag for every decade of my life, born in 69. We’re a happy team at Hawthorn .

Dogs will be a tougher test then Geelong at G'. I'm not scared of Geelong, as for the Bulldogs that's a different story (even though we beat them earlier in the year).

Dogs will be a tougher test then Geelong at G'. I'm not scared of Geelong, as for the Bulldogs that's a different story (even though we beat them earlier in the year).
You don't have to be scared and the last thing I intended to do was alarm you. Was merely laying out the probabilities.

You don't have to be scared and the last thing I intended to do was alarm you. Was merely laying out the probabilities.

You said that Geelong are Hawthorn's bunnies in 2024, I would think that Geelong will be Hawthorn's bunnies at the G if we were to play in a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is Hawks fans think they're going to be good this year. This entire thread is asking if they can play finals for petes sake hahaha. Delusional.

North fans know we are still a bottom squad, but we just want to believe that we will improve this year.
Unlucky.

Don't quote him.

sad chris crocker GIF
page remains GIF

The difference is Hawks fans think they're going to be good this year. This entire thread is asking if they can play finals for petes sake hahaha. Delusional.

North fans know we are still a bottom squad, but we just want to believe that we will improve this year.
Ouch

The best part about this quote is not only did Hawthorn make finals but North failed to also improve this year.

That's my bold prediction. I'm either going to look like a genius or fall completely flat on my face. Then again they could just miss out so not all doom and gloom:p

There's usually one surprise team that steps up. Last year we had Saints, Blues, Giants, Port in the 8 as opposed to the year before granted these teams had been lurking for a few years though appearing in finals or just missing out. Except for the Blues but they did go close in 2022 and should have participated in September.

The thing that I like about the Hawks is they have that intensity about them. They're bold. They take risks and they have young talent. They take the game on. They're emerging. I feel they and The Blues are going to have a serious say in the comp for a while to come and although Carlton have already established themselves I just got a feel about the Hawkers. You could see it last season already how they beat both Grand Finalists and pushed The Dees and The Giants.

Seven wins last season, I reckon at worst they go 9-13. Should get at least 11 but if there's on surprise team in 2024, surely it's The Hawks?

That's my bold prediction. My boldy is The Brown and Goldy so I'm on The Hawkers for the new up and coming youngsters in 2024!

Next time.. post the powerball numbers.

One of the things being consistently put forward in the off season by the nay-sayers (that I staunchly argued) was that fringe players from other clubs could not possibly improve Hawthorn. That they were fringe for a reason and that we would go backwards as a result of their recruitment.

They were talking about D'Ambrosio - Gunston- Ginnivan and Chol (and referenced Meek as an example of a player unable to improve us).

Similarly, they highlighted that "all teams have draft picks" so highlighted that our draftees wouldn't improve us either.

A few months on and now we have:

D'Ambrosio is in the AA squad and one of the game's best wingers.
Chol has 51 goals + assists, is our leading goalkicker and has laid more tackles than any other KPF in the comp.
Ginnivan has doubled his possessions, doubles his tackles, tripled his clearances, etc, etc and still had 50 shots on goal (25 goals) and 10 assists. (not to mention a main part of his trade cost has turned into a 2nd round upgrade rather than a big downgrade thanks to the turn in fortunes for both Collingwood and Hawthorn)
Even old man Gunston has chipped in with 28 goals from 13 full games (and is top 8 in the comp for marks inside 50)

That's 3 of our top 5 goalkickers this season.

Add in the impact of Dear and Watson from the draft and that makes 5 of our top 8 goalkickers added in the off season, for a total of 128 goals contributed this season.

That's not even counting the impact of the reference point in Meek, who has been highly impactful as the No 1 ruck and averages the 3rd most hitouts in the comp.

What an off season it has proven to be.

One of the things being consistently put forward in the off season by the nay-sayers (that I staunchly argued) was that fringe players from other clubs could not possibly improve Hawthorn. That they were fringe for a reason and that we would go backwards as a result of their recruitment.

They were talking about D'Ambrosio - Gunston- Ginnivan and Chol (and referenced Meek as an example of a player unable to improve us).

Similarly, they highlighted that "all teams have draft picks" so highlighted that our draftees wouldn't improve us either.

A few months on and now we have:

D'Ambrosio is in the AA squad and one of the game's best wingers.
Chol has 51 goals + assists, is our leading goalkicker and has laid more tackles than any other KPF in the comp.
Ginnivan has doubled his possessions, doubles his tackles, tripled his clearances, etc, etc and still had 50 shots on goal (25 goals) and 10 assists. (not to mention a main part of his trade cost has turned into a 2nd round upgrade rather than a big downgrade thanks to the turn in fortunes for both Collingwood and Hawthorn)
Even old man Gunston has chipped in with 28 goals from 13 full games (and is top 8 in the comp for marks inside 50)

That's 3 of our top 5 goalkickers this season.

Add in the impact of Dear and Watson from the draft and that makes 5 of our top 8 goalkickers added in the off season, for a total of 128 goals contributed this season.

That's not even counting the impact of the reference point in Meek, who has been highly impactful as the No 1 ruck and averages the 3rd most hitouts in the comp.

What an off season it has proven to be.
I always liked Chol. He is certainly realising his potential at the Hawks.

So....can we have him back now plz?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back