Game Day Hawthorn v StKilda, Sat 29/4/17 1.45pm @ Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is the game that will define our season, because with the games already played, we really have only shown glimpses what we are capable of.

Last weeks game was a prime example, for 3 quarters we looked a top 8 team, but the last quarter it appeared that their midfield was a class above.

It is probably just me, and I don't know if others agree, but we looked cooked in the last quarter, and that is why their midfield looked so much better.

Yeah, lots of our posters are saying we've been thrashed by a few midfields, but the way I see it we've more than held our own for everything barr rd 1 and just had costly lapses where we were powerless to stop the oppo ramming many fast goals down our throats. That has to change.

Massive game like you wouldn't believe.
Win and we are alive season 2017.
Lose and turn ALL your social media , TV, radios off people we are in for Hell .
Us against the Football World today .
Time to punch the clock boys !

Hope to see Minch follow up last week with a similar effort and Sinclair to play a great game off the back of VFL form. Hope they get a bit of midfield time and a chance to use the pill as they are both good users of the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive game to set the tone for the rest of the season. Need to be 3-3 going in against a red hot GWS next team. If we end up 2-4 after the Gws game its going to be very hard to make finals

One of my many annoying Hawks supporting mates has already called this morning claiming the underdog tag and saying it will be armageddon for the Saints if we lose. I told him they'd had good and bad news at the selection table - bad news that Jaeger is back to spend 3.5 quarters on the pine kissing his knocked knee better and good news that Cyril is out after averaging 4 disposals a game this year.

I can't stand the thought of losing this game.

Huge game, I think we win this one. We should be able to match the Hawks midfield. Confident our forwards can get on top, their backline sucks.

im going to have to watch this on delay this arvo
looking forward to it and hopefully our disposal holds up outside in the elements

bruce to kick 4 gresh with a couple of snags and acres to get 58 dispisals :)
Not the easiest grounds to kick goals. Might have to wait a week to turn the behinds into goals unfortunately.
Still think we will win comfortably.
Good inclusions in Stevens and Sinclair and think Stuv will be better for the run last week.
Got a good feeling that Bruce will turn it on today, just hope he kicks more goals than behinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back