Game Day Hawthorn v StKilda, Sat 29/4/17 1.45pm @ Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the easiest grounds to kick goals. Might have to wait a week to turn the behinds into goals unfortunately.
Still think we will win comfortably.
Good inclusions in Stevens and Sinclair and think Stuv will be better for the run last week.
Got a good feeling that Bruce will turn it on today, just hope he kicks more goals than behinds.

Why do they call Jack Stuv?

Pls footy God

Saints beat Hawks by 80
Demons beat Bombers by 20
Swans beat Blues by 20
North beat Suns
Weagles beat Dockers

Saints into 8th, Hawks back to the bottom of ladder
It could happen...

Not getting super hyped about this game--hope all the kids play well.. not sure about our game plan, maybe it is too taxing and why we crash.. hawks are a handball team , So will be interesting if we can stop their hand passes and evasions in the middle, something we couldn't do to Geelong last week and Melbourne. Hope we can hit some form, use the ball well and finally beat the hawks...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Expecting a lot from our forward line. Their defence is just about the worst in the league at dealing with contested marking forwards and we thrive on it.

Expecting a lot from our forward line. Their defence is just about the worst in the league at dealing with contested marking forwards and we thrive on it.

Yup, thought Paddy might've had a call up for this very reason. Or try two rucks - this would've been the week to trial it imo.

I still think we will win. I'm expecting the midfield especially Billy to come out breathing fire. Koby I reckon will hurt some campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect day for footy here in Launceston, not often you can say that about Tassie! By opening bounce it should be about 20 degrees, sunny and no wind at all.

Talked to a couple of the boys this morning and they said they're keen as so hopefully that translates to a great performance on field. Can't say I'm all that confident but I'll tip us to get up by 2 goals.

I'm just happy we have a senior midfield bull in to cover Armo's loss. I know Armo is no world beater, but he's our battering ram & gives us a hard body around the ball which we've severely lacked against teams like West Coast & Geelong. Dunstan is similar just doesn't have the experience or hardness yet

Hopefully Stevens brings his better game today & just gets his big body in the way all game.... and a few crunching tackles on Titch & JOM too

I'm just happy we have a senior midfield bull in to cover Armo's loss. I know Armo is no world beater, but he's our battering ram & gives us a hard body around the ball which we've severely lacked against teams like West Coast & Geelong.

Hopefully Stevens brings his better game today & just gets his big body in the way all game.... and a few crunching tackles on Titch & JOM too

I reckon Longer will test out JOM's knee today. Not that I wish injury upon him but if you line up you're fair game.

Maybe the most important game of the year for us today. A test of Richo's coaching- no more excuses, he needs to show he can get this team running hard for four quarters, and get some confidence into the forwards, and, win interstate.

We have the cattle to win today, and it is up to the coach to get this unit up and winning in a winnable game.

I'm not feeling too hyped for today, something in the back of my mind is just saying we'll kick ourselves out of it again and somehow let it slip. Despite how poorly Hawthorn have started the season, you can't underestimate a champion team and they still have A LOT of quality in their side. A win last week will have given them an almighty confidence boost and we all know their record in Tasmania.

As I am every week, really hoping that today Jack Billings will really announce himself as a star of the competition. We've seen plenty of glimpses but nothing consistent - if we're going to be a good side and play finals in 2017, we need players like Billings, Acres, Webster, Gresham, Steele, Ross etc really firing today and every week, can't just have one or two of them playing well and the others not having any impact.

Going to tip St. Kilda by 14 points in a close one, but with no real confidence.

I'd like to see Bruce step up today and start clunking some more grabs. He was looking tip top during the preseason but hasn't quite taken a game apart yet. Reckon today is the day.

Hooray Dame Gay:thumbsu:

Shit i mean Game Day. I really gotta do something about that dyslexia :oops:

Ive got a good feeling about today.
Jack Steven is gonna tear it up.
CMON SAINTS.

Good luck with curing that dyslexia Snake.

I wrote a doctoral thesis with dyslexia and I still struggle to put sentience together. For evidence please see some of my previous work on St Kilda Bigfooty threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back