Game Day Hawthorn v StKilda, Sat 29/4/17 1.45pm @ Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im really excited and a little on edge for this game today.
I think the negative attitude towards our Midfield has been way over blown. We have competed with some good teams, with good midfields and often at there best. We just have to learn to play 4qtrs.

The Hawks came up against a Weagles outfit away from there comfort zone, complacent and playing soft footy because they thought it would just happen. This week they with get far more pressure on there every possession and a defence that stands for something.

Im hoping for a strong win!

Go Saints!!!!

I think the negative attitude towards our Midfield has been way over blown. We have competed with some good teams, with good midfields and often at there best. We just have to learn to play 4qtrs.

The Hawks came up against a Weagles outfit away from there comfort zone, complacent and playing soft footy because they thought it would just happen. This week they with get far more pressure on there every possession and a defence that stands for something.

Go Saints!!!!

I reckon we don't have many excuses in the midfield we have in. Koby, Steven, Rooey etc all over injury and illness now and time to produce.

I'd like to see Bruce step up today and start clunking some more grabs. He was looking tip top during the preseason but hasn't quite taken a game apart yet. Reckon today is the day.
Unlikely at best he kick 3. He has the part time rucking, so he won't spend full time forward. If we get a bag it be from Rooey or Membrey.

There are no footy gods.

We are in hell and Saints fans committed atrocious sins in a past life.

Following the Saints IS eternal damnation and once we leave this life, the clock resets to the 1980's.
Wow Thanks, thanks a lot

Go Saints!!!!
Our midfield is very good when we perform together as a team. As individuals they struggle apart from Steven, Ross the others drop off when it matters the most

Our midfield is very good when we perform together as a team. As individuals they struggle apart from Steven, Ross the others drop off when it matters the most
I´d say Steele has been fairly consistent. Gresh, Billings, Acres. Come on guys make a statement. Acres was brilliant last year in Tasmania.

I´d say Steele has been fairly consistent. Gresh, Billings, Acres. Come on guys make a statement. Acres was brilliant last year in Tasmania.
Steele is our leading tackler I think. He hasn't done many things wrong, he has a solid boot as well. We may need him to dig into guts and get the ball out for likes Steven, Billings, Newnes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to watching steele closely today, hasn't really stamped himself on any games yet (i know he's only played 20odd games).. would love him to bury some blokes and win a few 50/50s

JB is my man today... please kick 3 and have 20plus

Gee Richo gets a hammering by some on here haven't we improved every year under him ? think people a forgetting what a basket case he took over.
With you Mowman. I think we have 5 on our list from 2010, so a complete turnover of list, and with a few gaps still a way to go, but heading in right direction. No doubt we lack A grade midfielders at this point, but still heading in the right direction. I don't believe we have deviated from the plan Pelchen was involved in, which IMO is great to see. If we don't beat Hawks today, I won't be slitting my wrists

Looking forward to watching steele closely today, hasn't really stamped himself on any games yet (i know he's only played 20odd games).. would love him to bury some blokes and win a few 50/50s

JB is my man today... please kick 3 and have 20plus

Gotta keep in mind that Steele is coming off a seriously interrupted preseason due to a foot injury. Even then he's still averaging 20 disposals and 7 tackles a game. He'll be an absolute gun imo.

Steele is what 20 years old and he's playing like he is with limited pre season. Wait until he's 23 - he is going to be a star IMO and lead our midfield. Looking forward to watching him progress.

Looking fwd to Koby's first game in the red white and black too. Another mature body in the middle can only help

Billy v Big Boy is something I'll be watching closely too

Go Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back