Game Day Hawthorn v StKilda, Sat 29/4/17 1.45pm @ Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handy late goal, should be further in front considering the amount of play we've controlled though.

We should put them to the sword in the 2nd half, our defence and forwardline are on top, it's just stupid turnovers in the midfield costing us.

Why our players think short kicks into the corridor to 50/50 contests are a good idea is beyond me, just kick it long unless there is an uncontested option.

It's not bloody rocket science.

No trust in our last quarters, we need to open up a 30+ lead coming into the last quarter.

Also, I reckon the umps are favouring us, about time!

suspect kicking per usual we should be about another 3 goals up.

hope the boys come out after 1/2 time and close this one out.

Great half of footy...playing well not allowing the Hawks a run on and our back six has once again held us in good stead.

Robbo should be AA this year what a year he has had so far.
Riewoldt on 699 goals.
Webster Carlisle Brown immense.
Stevens has been good, knows how to find the footy and is providing some real strength in the contest for us.
Sinclair doing his bit in his first hitout.
Gilbo in the ruck has been a good move IMO, I personally prefer Bruce staying in the F50. Maybe pinch hit in the ruck when the ball is down there but other than that it's been a refreshing change.

Obviously our finishes are a worry lately, our last quarters have been poor. If we can kick on here in the 3rd we'll set ourselves up for a memorable victory. Must win game, if we lose we play the Giants next Friday night and could be 2-5 after 7 rounds so this one is definitely gettable.

Hoping for the same in the 2nd half.

Terrible free for Bruce IMO, for all our whining this year (mostly justified) I think it's important to acknowledge when we get a lucky one.

Stevens and Sinclair have been alright, Dunstan is going to have to earn his spot back.
Mate, he clearly had hold of his jumper. It was a free.

The umpires have had a good game.

I love the game day board 3 goals up and its like we are 12 goals down, and yes i'm thinking the same things just not typing them down. I have even seen Roo cop it today. I think we should shut this place down next week when we play GWS it will be no good for any ones health

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle is getting better each week. This is the best he's been offensively with 6 marks.
Brown is proving to be an inspired acquisition. Career best form almost (apart from 2010 GF)?

How good is it!

Our backline has been insane this year. Brown, Carlisle marking the talls. Robbo in AA form, Webster killing it. Gears being Gears.

Hawks had our measure for a large part of the quarter but we wrestled back control and the late one helps a lot.

Hoping Steele shows up for the second half this week. 7 tackles already. Freak.

Fortunate to get that goal late. Uncomfortable margin, I'd love to see us turn on a clean 3rd quarter and put the game to bed before 3QT, currently as it is we're a couple of quick fire goals away from a serious momentum shift - which we've shown we can't handle.

I love the game day board 3 goals up and its like we are 12 goals down, and yes i'm thinking the same things just not typing them down. I have even seen Roo cop it today. I think we should shut this place down next week when we play GWS it will be no good for any ones health
Apart from a few I'd take the game day threads with a grain of salt mate, lol. You watch the game and think yeah not bad could be a bit better here and there and then you come here and you'd think, like you said, we're 12 goals down lol.

can we all take a moment to appreciate how good seb ross has become what a legend he is going to become

last week i was surprised with his foot speed, he's actually quite quick

he's so calm on the ball, and his inside work has been outstanding so far this game

keep it up seb u ****in stud

Robbo is a gun! 84 SC points for me at halftime!

Our whole backline has been awesome with intercepting. Pity our midfield is turning it over in the middle of the ground.

Sinclair has been good at finding time and space. Clearly looks good enough. Just needs to fix his disposal as he's usually a good user.

Geez it's Good to have Koby in as well. Already done more than Luke and Armo this year

We just need to hit our targets it's the most frustrating part of our game .. but we are giving ourselves opportunities so if we get that right we will run away with it..

Membrey looks so good when he gets a run at the ball

Sinclair has look very good..

If billings can get confident in front of goal his output in games will start looking significantly better

This is my issue with minchington, makes you think he's gonna be a player then just goes missing ..

Jack Steele and Roberton are very very good

Doing a lot right. Keep this up and clean up some of our kicking when moving the ball down the ground and we could really go on with this.

Backline have been fantastic again. Ripper game from Brown. Looks better and moving better than he might have at any time I've seen him in his career.

Need a lift this half from Gresh, Minch and Billy around the ground.

Acres 12 disposals in less than a half, would suck if he's now injured just as he was heading for a 25 disposal game.

Nah according to the Hawks match day thread, we called St Kilda out for being a bog average team (haven't won a final since 2010) and you personally took offence to it.

Personally took offence -- nah mate, I wouldn't have thought so!! Not in the habit of taking offence to what some private school boy with a sore wrist writes on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

Glad to learn my posts hit their mark though, Captain Salty! I'd post more in that thread but I've been banned. :hearnoevil::hearnoevil:

Everyone from the saints received it. Not even round 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back