VFLW Hawthorn VFLW 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The girls went down to the Saints today, so season over.

Feels like we just played a VFL squad over the last two games and took all AFLW listed players out of the side?

Feels like we just played a VFL squad over the last two games and took all AFLW listed players out of the side?
I think this is what happened. I can’t remember where but I did read that mentioned after last weeks game, whether that makes it true or not.

Really poor form from the club. As if playing VFL finals and winning a flag is not good for player development. How would the remaining girls feel?

Really poor form from the club. As if playing VFL finals and winning a flag is not good for player development. How would the remaining girls feel?
It plainly isn't a good method of development to have AFLW players constantly playing VFLW. And it would be downright detrimental for them to be playing VFLW during AFLW pre-season.

As for the "remaining girls"... they are VFLW players, and they got the chance to play in a VFLW final against other VFLW players. So I would say they'd be pretty happy about the opportunity for their own development that was provided to them by the club.

Tamara Luke named at full forward and Jenna Richardson named at CHB in the 2022 VFLW team of the year. Both players now on Hawthorn's AFLW list.

I’m really enjoying watching our Hawk women play.
Our group was thought to struggle to win even one game, given that we went young with just a few experienced players, yet here we are with 3 games won and a 4th a few decisions and seconds from a draw.

As an expansion club the HawksW have already won their first year.

IMO, a fast skilled fwd is the most important player in AFLW. The field is big for the women and Speed kills... that is what will win more games. A marking Fwd (irrespective of height) also helps.

Great work girls. Keep it up.

Last edited:
I’m really enjoying watching our Hawk women play.
Our group was thought to struggle to win even one game, given that we went young with just a few experienced Ed players, yet here we are with 3 games won and a 4th a few decisions and seconds from a draw.

As an expansion club the HawksW have already won their first year.

IMO, a fast skilled fwd is the most important player in AFLW. The field is big for the women and Speed kills... that is what will win more games. A marking Fwd (irrespective of height) also helps.

Great work girls. Keep it up.
Need just one half forward who can take a mark and we will be onto something.

Probably good that it's a mature aged draft coming up, as it will allow the club to look for a need filler rather than going the best available route

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

VFLW Hawthorn VFLW 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back